Page 3 of 255 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I guess this kinda confirms that the FF book will be cancelled.
    Not necessarily, it simply fits with the storyline that was revealed in the December Solicits:
    FANTASTIC FOUR #14
    JAMES ROBINSON (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A)
    Cover by GREG LAND
    ANSWERS TO THE FANTASTIC FOUR’S GREATEST MYSTERY!
    The team begins their hunt for the missing REED RICHARDS as the ALL-NEW INVADERS seek the missing children of the FUTURE FOUNDATION.
    • Meanwhile the villain who is behind everything reveals his motives to Reed stretch far back into REED AND SUE’S PAST.
    • VALERIA comes back to America. But whose side is she on?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Aw, man, that is messed up (but funny as heck).

One can't help but laugh when you consider them adding two guys known for their instability.
    Never knew Cho was known for instability. Because Captain Britain isn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Never knew Cho was known for instability. Because Captain Britain isn't.
    I think he (IS Loki a he?) is talking about Pym and Banner.

It was a good issue, but some of the new directions scare me a little. I hope this doesn't turn into another "Avengers as bad guys" story. Their new costumes are sooo lazy. I was hoping for soemthing more creatuve than just recoloring everything black and white.
    I'm trying to figure out how can Sam's baby have been born already. Isn't this eight months in the future? Is Izzy pregnant in the present?
    Love Hyperion and Thor raising kids together. Best couple ever

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We know the Illuminati's previous way of handling Incursions essentially amounted to getting wasted and bang your ex wife. So I can actually kind of see why Pym and Captain Britian might wanna jump on the band wagon there.

Sorry, but I feel that I do need to step in to remind folks that especially in this new era of the boards that jokes about wife beating? Not really cool. Or funny for that matter.

I would also point out that there is no history OF Captain Britain beating his wife. Granted both were written by Chris Claremont for a while, so there were plenty examples of both Brian and Meggan thumping each other while Mind Controlled.

Claremont does love his mind control.

But beyond that neither have struck each other in panel. There is no physical abuse on show here. That is nothing more than urban legend. And one of pretty poor taste.

Brian and Meggan is one of the few remaining positive examples of marriage left in Marvel comics. Stop trying to sully it for a cheap laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    With Captain Britain's inclusion into the Illuminati, this means they have access to the CB Corps, which should help them get much closer to figuring out how to stop the Incursion.

Exactly. And also the Marvel Universe foremost authority in building and traversing interdimensional gateways. That's something which so many writers seem to keep on forgetting about.

Aw, man, that is messed up (but funny as heck).

One can't help but laugh when you consider them adding two guys known for their instability.

Feel I need to correct you there. Brian Braddock is not unstable. He is not hot-headed, impetuous, prone to breaking into rages, arrogant or inexperienced.

Unless you still believe it's 1989. Or You're Rick Remender.

Granted Remender did paint a wildly unexplainable portrayal of Brian on both Secret Avengers and Uncanny X-Force, but it's very difficult to understand where that came from. From some kind of wildly out of date fever dream, I can only presume.

If you go back to the last Captain Britain Marvel handbook entry (circa The Heroic Age) it paints a very different (and far more accurate) picture:

Note the following phrase "He's overcome the doubts of his past and a tendency for impetous action..."

Yes. He did that back in the 90s and has been portrayed as a calm, intelligent leader ever since. Apparently some Marvel writers can be more than a little scant in theur research.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Sorry, but I feel that I do need to step in to remind folks that especially in this new era of the boards that jokes about wife beating? Not really cool. Or funny for that matter.

I would also point out that there is no history OF Captain Britain beating his wife. Granted both were written by Chris Claremont for a while, so there were plenty examples of both Brian and Meggan thumping each other while Mind Controlled.

But beyond that neither have struck each other in panel. There is no physical abuse on show here. That is nothing more than urban legend. And one of pretty poor taste.

Brian and Meggan is one of the few remaining positive examples of marriage left in Marvel comics. Stop trying to sully it for a cheap laugh.

Exactly. And also the Marvel Universe foremost authority in building and traversing interdimensional gateways. That's something which so many writers seem to keep on forgetting about.

Feel I need to correct you there. Brian Braddock is not unstable. He is not hot-headed, impetuous, prone to breaking into rages, arrogant or inexperienced.

Granted Remender did paint a wildly unexplainable portrayal of Brian on both Secret Avengers and Uncanny X-Force, but it's very difficult to understand where that came from. From some kind of wildly out of date fever dream, I can only presume.

If you go back to the last Captain Britain Marvel handbook entry (circa The Heroic Age) it paints a very different (and far more accurate) picture:

Note the following phrase "He's overcome the doubts of his past and a tendency for impetous action..."

Yes. He did that back in the 90s and has been portrayed as a calm, intelligent leader ever since. Apparently some Marvel writers can be more than a little scant in theur research.
    Xpac was talking about Black Panther sleeping with Storm and not wife beating. At all.

Mum just hype for all of this

And go Sunspot! Bought AIM and is balling out of control!

Hyperion and Thor playing daddy was fun, but I'm craving to see more of Starbrand and Nightmask, they've gotta be hella pivotal to the story
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post

In the interest of protecting my own image her, so that people don't feel I joke about wife beating, I'll break down what I said.

In this context "bang" your wife means to have sex with her. Black Panther dealt with the incursion by having sex with his ex-wife. Pym has an ex wife, the implication I was making in a tongue and cheek manner was that he might find the tactic of having sex with his ex-wife as a means of dealing with the incursion appealing.

That part was really more in reference to Pym. The correlation with Captain Britain was more in reference to Starks method of handling the incursions... getting wasted. And I do believe if memory serves that at certain points in CB's history he was somewhat of a heavy drinker and it caused some problems. I think it actually drove Megan away for a bit there.

So for the record, I did not make any jokes about beating peoples wives. I DID make light about people with drinking problems to some degree, so if that offends anyone I apologize.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

In the interest of protecting my own image her, so that people don't feel I joke about wife beating, I'll break down what I said.

In this context "bang" your wife means to have sex with her. Black Panther dealt with the incursion by having sex with his ex-wife. Pym has an ex wife, the implication I was making in a tongue and cheek manner was that he might find the tactic of having sex with his ex-wife as a means of dealing with the incursion appealing.

Understood. In which case I'm sorry for suggesting otherwise. This is a topic which seemed to come up very frequently on the X-Boards, as a meme which really should not have ever have been allowed to grow. I feel a need to dive in and try to deflect away from it whenever it seems to be rearing its head again.

Thanks for clarifying.

That part was really more in reference to Pym. The correlation with Captain Britain was more in reference to Starks method of handling the incursions... getting wasted. And I do believe if memory serves that at certain points in CB's history he was somewhat of a heavy drinker and it caused some problems. I think it actually drove Megan away for a bit there.

While there is something in that, Brian's 'troubles with drink' are somewat of a misconception.

Yes, at the start of Excalibur Brian was shown to be drinking a bit too often. But yo put that in context, his twin sister had just died. Seemingly died very publically, with the rest of the X-Men.

During that period of grief Brian was shown to drink in the evenings, overwhelmed by grief. But when his team mates pointed out that drunk Brian was not much fuin to be around? Brian checked himself and stopped. There and then. In that fashion which actual acoholics cannot, he realised that it was making him behave in a fashion others didn't like, so he put a stop to it.

He did not lapse into alcoholism. Her was not shown compulsively sneaking off to drink, out of addiction or neccessity. He has since been shown drinking socially. But for readers who only ever read a handful of Excalibur issues that has stuck in people's memories, and been built up fir some into something which it was never intended to be.

So for the record, I did not make any jokes about beating peoples wives. I DID make light about people with drinking problems to some degree, so if that offends anyone I apologize.

It's all good, Xpac. Sorry for getting the wrong end of the stick. And thank you for the clarification.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Extraordinary Member

Folks, let's just calm down.

With Pym, I was thinking of his various breakdowns which normally occurred with a change of identity, or a return to one, due to stress.

With Captain Britain, I was referring to the early issues of Excalibur, as well as his state of mind between his first meeting with Spider-Man in America and his team-up with the Black Knight. Both instances were explained to show that part Brian's erratic behavior was being influenced by outside forces. I never read Rick's portrayals of Brian. The last time I read Captain Britain was the woefully short Captain Britain and MI: 13 series.

Pym breaking under stress, and Brian being susceptible to outside influence makes them, to me, two guys known for being unstable.

I am a fan of both characters, and I am glad to see them appearing in a core title.

All the members of the Illuminati are dealing with serious baggage.

BANNED

Anyone else think it's funny that the most stable member currently on the team is probably a 15 year old boy?

Lol

Go Cho!

The fact that Cho is in the story makes me wish Herc was around. I like both characters individually, but together they are far more than the sum of their parts.

Also wonder which side Herc would be on. If there was anyone who would get him to side against Cap it might be Cho.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Anyone else think it's funny that the most stable member currently on the team is probably a 15 year old boy?

Lol

Go Cho!
    Now that you mentioned it.....(although as with most characters, the more you appear in a monthly title, the more baggage you accrue).
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 09-18-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Lol

Go Cho!
    Lol that is kinda funny. Although saying that, that could easily change just in the next issue.

Now that you mentioned it.....(although as with most characters, the more you appear in a monthly title, the more baggage you accrue).
    Pretty much all of these characters were more stable before this book started.

Lol

Go Cho!
    Lol give him some time
    We need better comics