Page 6 of 255 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    Who drunk too much ? The authors or the heroes ?
    Ah....good question.

I do wonder about some of these writers, tbh.

In this case, I will lean more toward the heroes being punch drunk, or suffering from PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Maybe T'Challa dies to save everyone else.
    Hickman made a comment about leaving Tchalla in a place where he can be more commercially succesful so I don't think he's killing him off. My guess is that they are tryign to relaunch his solo.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes, those are the red-shirts, I'm thinking.

Besides, look at al the buzz surrounding BP & Namor, two guys who can't keep a solo going indefinitely. Look at how many pages have been devoted to those two, regardless of how they are loved or hated by fans.
    I can only think of a handful of characters that this doesn't apply to:

Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Deadpool, Wolverine, Captain Marvel (barely), Spider-Man, Punisher, Daredevil.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I can only think of a handful of characters that this doesn't apply to:

Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Deadpool, Wolverine, Captain Marvel (barely), Spider-Man, Punisher, Daredevil.
    I am hopeful that one day BP will be on that list.

Hickman made a comment about leaving Tchalla in a place where he can be more commercially succesful so I don't think he's killing him off. My guess is that they are tryign to relaunch his solo.
    I trust Hickman and what he wants to do with T'Challa however it may not match up with what editorial decides.

Personally I'd rather have both him and Namor survive just due to how much the dynamics between these two have intensified.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I am hopeful that one day BP will be on that list.
    He's had two lengthy runs but he just can't seem to get that extra 5-10K of steady support that would get him a perennial book.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I trust Hickman and what he wants to do with T'Challa however it may not match up with what editorial decides.

Personally I'd rather have both him and Namor survive just due to how much the dynamics between these two have intensified.
    I think one of them needs to die just so they can resolve the conflict and move on. My gut says it's Namor though (if it happens). Death is the quickest way to get him a redemption and relaunched without the excess baggage (in weird comicbook logic).
    Pull List:

BANNED

I think one of them needs to die just so they can resolve the conflict and move on. My gut says it's Namor though (if it happens). Death is the quickest way to get him a redemption and relaunched without the excess baggage (in weird comicbook logic).
    That's terrible logic and a silly notion to suggest makes sense in any form.

Not only that but Namor doesn't need any redemption. He was possessed in AvX and now he is only doing what he has to so the 616 can survive.
    Last edited by Trident; 09-19-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    That's terrible logic and a silly notion to suggest makes sense in any form.

Not only that but Namor doesn't need any redemption. He was possessed in AvX and now he is only doing what he has to so the 616 can survive.
    Duly noted.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 09-19-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    Pull List:

BANNED

Duly noted.

Now back to my conversation with Mahes.
    Just being honest.

"Killing a character off (at the possible hands of another hero) that in recent times hasn't held a solo for very long so that he can later be revived to get a popular solo."

That is your position, correct?

It doesn't make sense. If anything all that would do is make the character less popular and potentially forgotten. I doubt that is marvels ultimate plan because it doesn't make sense. Especially, for a character that is in constant use regardless of being able to lock down a solo feature.

So, Mahes, back to our discussion...
    Pull List:

I apologise for starting this whole Namor dying speculation/debate. I was just answering a question ExtremisEdge asked "Does anyone think this could all end in
    a major characters death?". I did not mean to derail this ( frankly entertaining) thread, so please let's get back to the time runs out discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonSnow View Post
    I apologise for starting this whole Namor dying speculation/debate. I was just answering a question ExtremisEdge asked "Does anyone think this could all end in
    a major characters death?". I did not mean to derail this ( frankly entertaining) thread, so please let's get back to the time runs out discussion.
    Good call.
    Pull List:

Since Sunspot bought AIM does anyone think that AIM might find a way to make the MapMakers work for/with them (I.e. sunspot, smasher, thor, hyperion...)?

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonSnow View Post
    Since Sunspot bought AIM does anyone think that AIM might find a way to make the MapMakers work for/with them (I.e. sunspot, smasher, thor, hyperion...)?
    I'm surprised Bobby isn't working with the illuminati since he presumably could access the knowledge AIM has on the incursions.
    Pull List: