Page 62 of 255 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Is there a particular readin order for today's two issues? Both NA 26 and Avengers 38 come out today.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    It is mind-blowing to me that things are STILL MOVING SO DAMN SLOWLY. How have we not seen where Thor's team arrived on the other side of the AIM/Savage land Auger already?! No, instead we get FIVE introductory pages on "the weapon" + TWO other pages showing it's actually a combination of a woman and the rest of the weapon. SEVEN PAGES on this utterly uninteresting weapon, endless exposés by Bobby, and almost nothing of substance in Avengers #38, while NA #26 barely moved an inch either. I feel like punching something due to how frustrating this is.
    These stories, nowadays, take time. We are going to wait a lot of time to have answers, like our friends replied in these posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Remember we still have six months to go until the final showdown so there is still time
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hickman writes the way he writes. We're a couple years into his run now, and we all should have a good idea of how he writes his stories. They're a slow burn.

For some it probably is better to just read his stuff in trade form, or in one larger sitting. Like Bendis he can be decompressed. That's just how he writes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    Is there a particular readin order for today's two issues? Both NA 26 and Avengers 38 come out today.
    New Avengers comes just before Avengers.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    New Avengers comes just before Avengers.
    Thanks! Now I've got to avoid this thread until I read them after work today!

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Remember we still have six months to go until the final showdown so there is still time
    At this paced it is going ot be a very rushed ending, unless the Secret Wars shit is the "real" ending (so another year to finish the story lol).

I come here to read summaries and then I read NA/Av/AW in bunches. And even in bunches for christ sake this thing moves slow.

And sadly, a lot of the stuff focused on just wasn't that exciting.

I really wonder if T'challa wasn't involved with this if I would even give a hoot.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NunoTaborda View Post
    These stories, nowadays, take time. We are going to wait a lot of time to have answers, like our friends replied in these posts:
    Though, honestly, that doesn't work as a good excuse all the time. Just because a write takes his time, doesn't excuse him from not making an issue interesting or eventful. (remember the first arc for this year? Those Alternate Universe Avengers? Did he really need to make that arc so boring and uneventful? Only two things happened! Adaptoids and Bruce with the Illuminati and you don't even need a four issue arc to do all of that!)

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Though, honestly, that doesn't work as a good excuse all the time. Just because a write takes his time, doesn't excuse him from not making an issue interesting or eventful. (remember the first arc for this year? Those Alternate Universe Avengers? Did he really need to make that arc so boring and uneventful? Only two things happened! Adaptoids and Bruce with the Illuminati and you don't even need a four issue arc to do all of that!)
    Obviously this sort of thing is subective. I didn't find it exciting, but I did find it interesting.

Every month when they are out, Hickmans Avengers books are USUALLY the first books I read and USUALLY the first books I wanna talk about on the boards.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster View Post
    I think the Sentinels belong to nation x but I'm not sure.
    That's the impression I got as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Jessica and Natasha abandon Steve though did confirm that Steve and Tony tried to bury the hatchet ( much more than I can say to such rivals like scott and logan or currently scott and beast)
    I think we really need to see that via a flashback at some point. While few could blame Steve for being mad at Tony and the Illunimati and for all his resources as a leader of a SHIELD based Avengers team it seems he's pretty powerless to do anything other than hunt the Illuninati even though he clearly wants to. That being said I do think he's been characterized as a bit too revenge driven given what else is happening and I hope their failed attempt to bury the hatchet explains why.

Perhaps it's a pipe dream but I hope it also explains why they seemingly worked fine together for a time during the latter part of Remender's Cap run, Original Sin and Axis which was all set after Cap returned from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    At this paced it is going ot be a very rushed ending, unless the Secret Wars shit is the "real" ending (so another year to finish the story lol).

I come here to read summaries and then I read NA/Av/AW in bunches. And even in bunches for christ sake this thing moves slow.

And sadly, a lot of the stuff focused on just wasn't that exciting.

I really wonder if T'challa wasn't involved with this if I would even give a hoot.
    one of the main reason I started reading NA is because of T'Challa but as I kept on reading, I got attached to the characters and was always looking forward to the next issue especially since the premise is set 8 months in to the future and some characters appear to be missing which is what I'm excited about

the thing with stark in this new issue was interesting to me though. I didn't even think that would happen

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    That's the impression I got as well.

I think we really need to see that via a flashback at some point. While few could blame Steve for being mad at Tony and the Illunimati and for all his resources as a leader of a SHIELD based Avengers team it seems he's pretty powerless to do anything other than hunt the Illuninati even though he clearly wants to. That being said I do think he's been characterized as a bit too revenge driven given what else is happening and I hope their failed attempt to bury the hatchet explains why.

Perhaps it's a pipe dream but I hope it also explains why they seemingly worked fine together for a time during the latter part of Remender's Cap run, Original Sin and Axis which was all set after Cap returned from the future.
    I think that secret meeting between Cap and Tony is there to justify them working fine together during Remenders stuff. I presume something caused a very bad fall out.

Really there's no way to entirely make Remender and Hickman's books match up since Steve was obviously set on hunting down the Illuminati before he got old... but at least the idea of them having some sort of meeting to bury the hatchet prior to things escalating allows them to create some sort of reason for things to get as bad as they do.

And I imagine the fact that Stark is inverted made any sort of peace talk pretty difficult. When you look at how bad Sam ended up acting in Axis, they probably are lucky Stark turned out the reasonably sane.

So who else could be in this super secret team of Caps? What heavy hitters are un accounted for that are heavy enough to deal with hulk level threats?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So who else could be in this super secret team of Caps? What heavy hitters are un accounted for that are heavy enough to deal with hulk level threats?
    Mighty avengers

Mighty Avengers come to mind, or specifically Monica and Blue Marvel.

If you dig really deep into marvels limbo, there's plenty of very powerful characters lying around waiting to be used. Hickman will probably just dump the entire marvel handbook in some giant splash page. Someone like the Aquarian for example, or the Phantom Rider give event he Illuminati trouble.

Yeah there's plenty of characters off the board currently that Hickman can toss in to show as Steve's hidden team.

After reading both Avengers and New Avengers, I'm not sure who has the most seemingly impossible task. The multiversal Avenger team missoin, Roberto's efforts of reunification, or the solution that Doom is trying. Plus that wild card Hickman placed with the Phoenix Egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Yeah there's plenty of characters off the board currently that Hickman can toss in to show as Steve's hidden team.

After reading both Avengers and New Avengers, I'm not sure who has the most seemingly impossible task. The multiversal Avenger team missoin, Roberto's efforts of reunification, or the solution that Doom is trying. Plus that wild card Hickman placed with the Phoenix Egg.
    If there's a writer I trust to write a decent Phoenix story, it's Hickman. AvX 6 was the best part of AvX. A lesser writer would just go "the phoenix is crazy! fear it!". There's so much more to it.