Page 8 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    Technically, Thor, Hyperion, Hulk, Starbrand, Nightmask, one Ex Nihilo, Abyss and Smasher (so the lineup that was posted except for Dr. Strange, Captain Britain and the rest of the Ex Nihili), all participated in the war against the Builders, and they were still losing, even with entire fleets & other heroes (including Gladiator & the Shi'ar Imperial Guard) at their side ,-)
    True but Starbrand is a lot more comfortable with his powers now. He did take down that 1 Aleph earlier plus Hulk is someone you don't really use in a space war. He's more useful for the ground warfare on the planet.

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

I've been following Avengers/New Avengers since Hickman took over. This has been a great series but I've been dying (no pun intended) to know what's behind the Incursions and how all of these events will unfold. Hickman has been great at building the suspense, but there hasn't been much of a payoff.

Well, I stumbled unto Uncanny Avengers just to get some more perspective, and I find it hard to believe that the events going on in Uncanny Avengers (Apocalypse Twins, Kang -who showed un in AV34 with Cap, Celestial's blowing up the earth, Thor acting very unworthy, 7 split timelines) are not in SOMEWAY connected to the Incursion stuff. Are the Celestials the ones who behind the incursions? Are the 7 timelines converging to one, hence everything dying?

I have to say, Uncanny Avengers really delivers on every level. The entire series is fully of MAJOR conflict and there is tons of action AND answers to what's happening. I appreciate Hickman and his suspense, but we're 35 issues into Avengers and 25 into New Avengers and I still am no closer to knowing what's behind the Incursions. Payoff please.

Anyway, if anyone has been keeping up with Uncanny Avengers, it'd be interesting to see your take on how those events are connected to "everything dies". Because, Celestial judgment and 7 prime timelines sure sounds like a reason for everything dying.

BANNED

Honestly, I don't think the story Remender has been telling with "Uncanny Avengers" is related in any way beyond displaying yet more time travel shenanigans that may be revealed to have contributed to the breakdown in the walls between universes.

If anything, what's been happening in the UU is more tied into to the whole situation. If you take Axel's comments at face value regarding why now that ANXM is crossing over into UU. Plus with Galactus sent there for a bit during Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    Honestly, I don't think the story Remender has been telling with "Uncanny Avengers" is related in any way beyond displaying yet more time travel shenanigans that may be revealed to have contributed to the breakdown in the walls between universes.
    Yeah, the only thing coming up that Remender is writing that may an effect on times run out is his OGN Rage of Ultron and possibly All-new Captain America. However we will have to wait and see what Axis does to the Avengers wont we.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Mum just hype for all of this

And go Sunspot! Bought AIM and is balling out of control!

Hyperion and Thor playing daddy was fun, but I'm craving to see more of Starbrand and Nightmask, they've gotta be hella pivotal to the story
    Well that's the hope since they've barely done a single thing in this series so far. Hell, hopefully Hickman finally does something with these characters he's introduced. They've been pretty useless to the plot so far (I'm looking at you Smasher and Manifold), except Captain Universe being a plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post

She could be a Millwall fan. That'd make her crazy
    imagine the chaos if she was a man united fan

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Do you guys think this storyline will really end in May 2015, or that will it lead to an actual event book?
    i think it will end in may

Captain America's Fanboy ExtremisEdge's Avatar

Awesome discussion guys. I'm assuming Panther can kill Namor. As in he has the capability to so but the great thing about this world Hickman is crafting is that their are so many elements at play here. I also kind of want to get a relatively good sample taking a stance. I've already stated that I agree with Cap but it's now difficult to discern who truly is seeking the vision he believes in. I also don't think Cap succumbs to ego. He's the most humble hero and person we'll ever know. Maybe I just have severe Cap bias so sue me. It's pretty safe to say that every faction think an they're doing the right thing to protect the planet but the future Hawkeye already mentioned (and Iron Lad I believe?) that Tony and his group will fail. They are destined to.

Guess I'll just jump to my question. How many of you are for what Cap stands and stood for when facing down Tony? Is his vision and stance even relevant now that he's an old man? Do you guys really think heavy hitters like Thor and Hyperion are remaining neutral? Considering Hyperion's newly discovered view of the world from Avengers 34.1, I doubt he'd remain neutral. What I also meant before is not that Stark doesn't command loyalty but that he definitely doesn't command as much loyalty than Cap.
    I don't let people die because it's the lesser of two evils, or expedient, or because it serves the greater good...I don't compare the act against something else--I see someone who needs help...and I HELP. You think it's a weakness. You think it's simple...but you're WRONG. - Captain America (Steve Rogers)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Do you guys think this storyline will really end in May 2015, or that will it lead to an actual event book?
    This is Marvel we're talking about so I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    imagine the chaos if she was a man united fan
    I think it will end in may
    Oh my god she'd be asking for an extra 10 minutes worth of stoppage time, then when that was over she'd be asking for 10 more and so on and so on until she got the result she wanted! (of course I'm teasing).

As for whether or not it ends in May. I kinda hope so, otherwise they'd be pushing it storyline wise (due to the length) but I wouldn't put it past them to make an event out of it to ''finish it off'.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    This is Marvel we're talking about so I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh my god she'd be asking for an extra 10 minutes worth of stoppage time, then when that was over she'd be asking for 10 more and so on and so on until she got the result she wanted! (of course I'm teasing).

As for whether or not it ends in May. I kinda hope so, otherwise they'd be pushing it storyline wise (due to the length) but I wouldn't put it past them to make an event out of it to ''finish it off'.
    Hickman did say he's off the books on May, and BC reported a while back that Marvel advertised the April (or was it May) Avengers issue as the "Final issue". But I wouldn't put it past Marvel to have another event out of this.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Hickman did say he's off the books on May, and BC reported a while back that Marvel advertised the April (or was it May) Avengers issue as the "Final issue". But I wouldn't put it past Marvel to have another event out of this.

It wouldn't surprise, no. I don't know who they'd replace Hickman with at this point, though. If they gave it to Remender I think I'd just quit Marvel all together, to be honest. That would be the yardstick for me.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    It wouldn't surprise, no. I don't know who they'd replace Hickman with at this point, though. If they gave it to Remender I think I'd just quit Marvel all together, to be honest. That would be the yardstick for me.
    You and me both. Remender is awful
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Remender is'nt terrible per se, IMO
    I am HIGHLY pessimistic about the next Avengers or (especially) New Avengers writer though
    Jason Aaron ? Remender? Bendis Again?
    There's not a current marvel writer i would confidently say will do a good job taking over Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Remender is'nt terrible per se, IMO
    I am HIGHLY pessimistic about the next Avengers or (especially) New Avengers writer though
    Jason Aaron ? Remender? Bendis Again?
    There's not a current marvel writer i would confidently say will do a good job taking over Hickman
    That's exactly how I feel.

Hickman managed the impossible for me, he got me to read Avengers after I swore to never read them again after AvX (and ironically now I barely read X-Books, I think I can blame that on Bendis).

I get the feeling that Remender will be in charge of Avengers after Hickman's run ends, but it won't continue this storyline.

Remender is pretty much a guarantee as the next Avengers writer. He's Marvel's latest golden boy.
    On ye olde CBR