Super Moderator

Default J. Michael Straczynski Calls "Dream Police" Back into Action, Updates on "Sense8"

JMS welcomes readers back to the world of the "Dream Police," and fills CBR in on the status of his Netflix original series, "Sense8."

Full article here.

I wasn't expecting to pick up #1 of the new series but it was pretty good. I really thought not having Deodato would be a problem, but the new guy actually suits the new series more, I think, pushing it away from the noir affectations visually and pushing the dreamlike side more. JMS can be hit or miss, but I think this story's kind of interesting. Not sure if it's going on the pull list yet, but it's got potential.

What I want to know is what happened with that book with Bill Sienkiewicz. It's nice to know he's working on a Shadowman script, too.

Looking forward to Sense8.

Pardon this necrobump of epic proportions.

But Dream Police just returned from hiatus, and this was the only thread I could search up. Did anyone read the first run? The return issue kicked things into high gear, and it looks like we should be getting lots of cool answers soon. I've loved all the Joe's Comics I've read, JMS is doing pretty good on the indie circuit lately.

I wouldn't say Dream Police had a first run. They haven't even finished the first storyline after the five issues that had been published. Unless it has been so long since I read #5 and completely forgot.

I have #6 but haven't read it yet.

While the stories have been pretty good, I'm afraid the delays in getting the books out have helped kill a lot of the momentum the books could've had.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I wouldn't say Dream Police had a first run. They haven't even finished the first storyline after the five issues that had been published. Unless it has been so long since I read #5 and completely forgot.

I have #6 but haven't read it yet.

While the stories have been pretty good, I'm afraid the delays in getting the books out have helped kill a lot of the momentum the books could've had.
    Yeah, the delays are a pain. I had to re-read #5 before reading this, and realized that I barely remembered it.