Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Definitely want Spider-Gwen series too! After last week's issue I wanted another Noir mini. Looking foward to the next issue in this.
    Ooh yeah a Spider-Man Noir mini-series or ongoing would be awesome as well. All right Marvel make this happen as well and I'll wear a Manchester United shirt for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Quoted in agreement. Make it happen Marvel! And I'll buy you all a round of drinks
    Seriously! Super good.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

It was alright, I was'nt bowled over by it. Felt a little too routine and it just is not "Gwen" to me. Probably because it's yet again another radical departure from Gwen's actual character (hard to avoid that really, vintage Gwen is an utter bore) but t was passable enough, seemed to be setting up ideas for a potential ongoing run, and I like that approach to the Spider-Verse tie-ins...to make us think these are all jumping-on points for new stories. I'm glad the Gwen fans have something fresh to latch onto and am pleased that they enjoyed it.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Seems like a modernized Gwen whose pretty young. So it's too much to expect her to be the same as the one from so many years back when things were different in the industry and the world.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    It was alright, I was'nt bowled over by it. Felt a little too routine and it just is not "Gwen" to me. Probably because it's yet again another radical departure from Gwen's actual character (hard to avoid that really, vintage Gwen is an utter bore) but t was passable enough, seemed to be setting up ideas for a potential ongoing run, and I like that approach to the Spider-Verse tie-ins...to make us think these are all jumping-on points for new stories. I'm glad the Gwen fans have something fresh to latch onto and am pleased that they enjoyed it.
    I consider myself to be a ''casual fan'' of Gwen if anything really and I enjoyed it.

Saying it didn't feel like Gwen is the point though. This isn't an Earth 616 Gwen Stacy here. This is a new world drawn up with her core traits still intact.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    After Superior Spider-Man 33 and this issue, I'm starting to wonder if there are two factions of Spider-Men. That Captain Britain Spider-Man is not on Otto's team.
    Well, Peter and Otto will eventually clash, so that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Saying it didn't feel like Gwen is the point though. This isn't an Earth 616 Gwen Stacy here. This is a new world drawn up with her core traits still intact.
    Exactly, this is a world where she's the hero.

BANNED

I liked it, decent as it is. SSM though makes me wonder though.

Such a great issue. I was afraid with so many people hyping about it that it would be lackluster, but gladly it wasn't/

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm up for a Spider-Gwen series!
    They did a surprising amount of set up for this issue. I am SO interested in this particular universe now...and Gwen's costume is freaking amazing.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    They did a surprising amount of set up for this issue. I am SO interested in this particular universe now...and Gwen's costume is freaking amazing.
    I know! I really hope they at least get a spin off mini, because i really want to learn more about Gwen as Spider-Woman and her universe. Like why this Matt Murdock is working for Kingpin.

Comic shop just sold out right before I finally made it there, awww! I'll find this one this weekend hopefully.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Spider-Gwen needs her own series ASAP!!!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Spider-Gwen needs her own series ASAP!!!
    I agree! I was reading Amazing Spider-man waaaaay back in the day and was heartbroken when Gwen Stacy died. I thought this new take on her and other classic Spidey characters was amazing. She needs her own series set in her own universe!

I welcome new and fresh ideas like this and wish Marvel gives it the chance as a series. I think readers aren't really excited about something like the Jessica Drew Spider-Woman series being relaunched because there's no real different hook to it, that's just an example but that's how a lot of launches feel for Marvel. Gambles like Ultimate, MC2, Noir, 2099 offer the ability to really re-imagine these things that have been around forever. I think the reason all of those alternate Marvel U's were successful in their own ways because they don't have those constraints for what can happen like there are in the main 616 universe. This seems like a perfect example of one of those alternate worlds ripe with fun potential and plenty of that interest.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 09-17-2014 at 10:50 PM.