Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I may be alone in saying this but.... this looks like the least interesting marvel property and upcoming movie, by far.
    No, I've only heard that opinion expressed about 100 times on this site. I'm looking forward to Ant-Man though, more so than Age of Ultron (I didn't like the Avengers much).

Extraordinary Member

As a huge Ant-Man fan, I'm pleased its happening!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    You are far from alone. In fact most people seem to want to hate and condemn this film as the worst thing Marvel has made already. Personally I'd rather wait and see it myself before I judge it.

Thank said when I saw AoU the jokes in the trailer for Ant-Man seemed to be hits with the audience with me. A much better reception than the complete silence the Fantastic Four trailer got at least.

Oh I'll still watch the movie, and judging from my reaction to the trailer it will have a much lower bar to cross, so may benefit it. Who knows, it may turn into a district 9, where I went in kind of ho hum about the whole thing then thought it was the most amazing thing ever.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

There is multiple reports of the Ant-Man trailer going down really well with audiences when it was screened with the new Avengers movie.

Our theater didn't have much response until the ending with the train, which had everyone roaring with laughter.

Yeah the trailer made this look pretty entertaining, and since there haven't been a lot of superhero flicks involving shrinking powers I think the there is a lot of territory to be mined, special effects wise and plot wise. I predict much like GotG this one will surprise a lot of people in terms of popularity/ financial success

Aside from the train bit, the other part of the trailer that got laughs in my theatre was when Rudd states he no longer going to bust into places and steal things, immediately followed by Michael Douglas telling Rudd he needs him to break into a place and steal something. Rudd: "Makes sense."

They are doing some ground breaking never before seen macro photography on this film according to Rudd so we will be seeing something we've never seen before in that regards.

New poster. The usual floating head generic Marvel movie cast shot
    55495e0e6a260.jpg

Martin Donovan is playing
    spoilers:
    Mitch Carson who in the comics was the villainous S.H.I.E.L.D. security agent in Irredeemable Ant-Man who got half his face burned off by Eric O'Grady's Ant-Man
    end of spoilers

James Gunn posted his thoughts on Ant-Man on facebook after seeing the film
    Ant-Man may just be my favorite Marvel film since Jon Favreau’s Iron Man (well, maybe excluding one film to which I’m partial). Honestly, the movie is a complete blast! I was so happy after seeing it. It’s never boring for a second and it’s hilarious and warm throughout. It doesn’t get caught up in the webbing of its own science-fiction concept like so many movies do these days, remaining simple and elegant. It’s a part of the Marvel universe without being ruled by that fact. Paul Rudd is nuanced and charming and funny and is a surprisingly natural fit as a modern superhero (side-fact – Paul must be a nice guy, because he and I dated the same girl in college, and yet I still love him). Michael Peña KILLS IT – this movie is going to make him a huge star. My old pal Judy Greer (she was Deadly Girl to my Minute Man in The Specials (film) many moons ago) is great in a small role. And Michael Douglas is awesome. I think all of Peyton Reed’s years directing have led him to making something as deft and nimble and joyous as this; he did an incredible job. And, despite Edgar Wright’s parting from Marvel, his spirit is felt through the entire project, and there is no doubt everyone owes him a huge debt of gratitude. I left the theater incredibly happy. So often I see movies by people I love which are just okay – it’s great to love a movie as much as I love the people who made it.

huge spoilers:

spoilers:
    Hank and Janet Van Dyne operate as Ant-Man and the Wasp for SHIELD during the Cold War. During one mission, they need to prevent a nuclear warhead from hitting a populated area. Hank's suit is damaged, so Janet shrinks beyond the suit's capacity to defuse the bomb and disappears, believed to be dead. Hank believes the technology is too dangerous and seals it away.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Our theater didn't have much response until the ending with the train, which had everyone roaring with laughter.
    In my theater, when I went to see Avengers: Age of Ultron, the trailer for the Fantastic Four played first, and everybody continued talking throughout. A few heads turned to watch, but no one shushed anyone because they couldn't hear. But as soon as the Marvel sign came on for the trailer of Ant-Man, everybody went quiet, and I can't believe it was because they thought AoU was starting cause the lights were still half-on in the room. Everybody watched the trailer, there were some laughs throughout, and a bigger one at the train sequence. When it was over, I heard people whisper "nice", and "sweet"

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Martin Donovan is playing
    spoilers:
    Mitch Carson who in the comics was the villainous S.H.I.E.L.D. security agent in Irredeemable Ant-Man who got half his face burned off by Eric O'Grady's Ant-Man
    end of spoilers
    Oh... well, that's a bit underwhelming actually. I thought there would be a reason why they didn't reveal his identity sooner. So the 'how's your face?' comment is also a wink to the comics, I suppose

Some more cool Marvel world building with Iron Man reporter Christine Everhart mentioning Scott Lang's prison release and Age Of Ultron fall out.
    https://youtu.be/HkZwlIYLNBQ
    Also Cross Technologies promotional video with Darren cross
    https://youtu.be/dx0hGW5wlMo

comicbookgirl19 gives a spoiler free review of Ant-Man on Youtube after seeing the movie at the world premier last week.

She said it was one of Marvel's best movies. It was her joint favourite movie of Phase 2. Her other favourite was Captain America Winter Solider.