Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it's NOT a non-issue. the writer is trying to MAKE it a non-issue by having these characters take a ridiculous action. you or others may be ok with it, but that doesn't reflect reality or the unfortunate position that rogue is now put in.
    If Wanda and Rogue are fine with each other and they're moving on, then yeah it's a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Taking all of Remenders books off my pull list alone made me happier.
    If more people did that and just stopped reading and posting about books they didn't like, the internet as a whole would be a happier place. Hopefully more people will follow your lead. Sadly the net often doesn't work that way and people just continue to read and complain about stuff they just don't like. I never understood that. I recall people literally doing that with Bendis Avenger book for freaking years and years and years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Wanda and Rogue are fine with each other and they're moving on, then yeah it's a non-issue.
    so if kang beats down steve rogers emotionally and steve stares at his feet and nods his head at kang for being a bad boy to him out of nowhere, would you take issue with it?

so if kang beats down steve rogers emotionally and steve stares at his feet and nods his head at kang for being a bad boy to him out of nowhere, would you take issue with it?
    If "beat down Rogue emotionally" translates to "basically repeating what Rogue already herself admitted (the same way Wanda "restraining" Rogue translated to Wanda putting her hand on Rogues shoulder), then no I wouldn't take issue with it.

even if ravonna is stuck in steve's head and you're not sure who's responding to what?? how do we even know this is rogue talking to scarlet in that kitchen scene and not simon using her body? this used to happen with carol all the time and poor rogue would wake up horrified at her actions and what was said.

even if ravonna is stuck in steve's head and you're not sure who's responding to what?? how do we even know this is rogue talking to scarlet in that kitchen scene and not simon using her body? this used to happen with carol all the time and poor rogue would wake up horrified at her actions and what was said.
    We know because Rogue already admitted she was wrong and tried making amends with Wanda BEFORE Simon was absorbed into her. She did that as soon as the X-Men returned from the Planet X future when they burst into Simon and Wanda bedroom.

Ultimate Member

Anyway, it seems Professor X isn't completely dead and might make a comeback in the future.

I just hope Remender handles him because Bendis has made it clear in the past that he has no plans for him.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We know because Rogue already admitted she was wrong and tried making amends with Wanda BEFORE Simon was absorbed into her. She did that as soon as the X-Men returned from the Planet X future when they burst into Simon and Wanda bedroom.
    sure rogue felt bad about it at the time. that's rogue's character! to take responsibility for what she's done! but as of THIS ISSUE, we cannot know who is speaking and when. for all we know our rogue didn't come to until charles spoke to her in dreamtime. for all we know simon was controlling her body during the chat between wanda, logan, and "rogue."

i loved this issue.
    the talk between wolverine/sw/rogue at the start was a nice opening piece showing what they learned about themselves. also notice wolverine changed outfits so i guess his solo series started after they got back from avenging the earth.
    was kinda sad to see him get on the plane because he's probably going to see Reed and start the Death of Wolverine arc.
    i did NOT see the charles xavier thing coming and while it was kind of gross it's neat that Rogue is being put in the forefront of this arc as the person with that can tip the scales against the red skull.
    now with the red skulls s-men, are they mutants that joined him or are they humans that he mutated? cause it seemed weird that a turtle guy would claim that magneto killed his parents when i didn't think magneto was in the business of killing mutants in front of their children.

i'm ready for AXIS!

This issue was amazing! I'm actually loving Alex' new, um, look. I hope it sticks. He doesn't need to be the prettiest boy in the room to be awesome, and this'll give him a distinctly recognizable 'look' in large social scenes (something too few characters can lay claim to).

Magneto's rescue was the full hilight for me here. I'm entirely sick of the 'daddy issues Wanda' that Bendis tried to foist upon us, and so it was nice to see Wanda full rebuke Erik's claims to parenthood.

Ahab playing a larger role in the events (here and in Magneto and Captain America) makes me happy too. We've had glimpses of him in previous issues, but he's getting dialogue and plot now!

I can't wait for AXIS to explode next month! Every page I've read of this month's tie-ins has been phenominal. I've been anticipating this since the first page of Uncanny Avengers #1, and it keeps getting more exciting with every page!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

What happened to that device that allowed Nightcrawler to pass as a fake priest in Chuck Austen's X-Men run: Couldn't that help Havoc now? Or has Marvel decided Chuck Austen never happened ...

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    What happened to that device that allowed Nightcrawler to pass as a fake priest in Chuck Austen's X-Men run: Couldn't that help Havoc now? Or has Marvel decided Chuck Austen never happened ...
    Beast also had a similar device, and this was way before the Austen era.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    i loved this issue.
    the talk between wolverine/sw/rogue at the start was a nice opening piece showing what they learned about themselves. also notice wolverine changed outfits so i guess his solo series started after they got back from avenging the earth.
    was kinda sad to see him get on the plane because he's probably going to see Reed and start the Death of Wolverine arc.
    i did NOT see the charles xavier thing coming and while it was kind of gross it's neat that Rogue is being put in the forefront of this arc as the person with that can tip the scales against the red skull.
    now with the red skulls s-men, are they mutants that joined him or are they humans that he mutated? cause it seemed weird that a turtle guy would claim that magneto killed his parents when i didn't think magneto was in the business of killing mutants in front of their children.

i'm ready for AXIS!
    They're humans who have been altered or augmented by the Red Skull's super science or mystic relics, all are humans who have been wronged by mutants, the turtle guy's -Mzee- family was killed by Magneto's Brotherhood way back.

BANNED

sure rogue felt bad about it at the time. that's rogue's character! to take responsibility for what she's done! but as of THIS ISSUE, we cannot know who is speaking and when. for all we know our rogue didn't come to until charles spoke to her in dreamtime. for all we know simon was controlling her body during the chat between wanda, logan, and "rogue."
    "For all we know" or "for all you want to speculate" because it fits your vision of the character and the writer? Nothing about the theory "Having the actual Simon in her body is like having Carol's memories in her mind" makes any sense. We also saw Simone speaking TO her, not through her, so you are implying he willingly takes control of her (in a way only you know) to have her tell what he wants, really a realistic Simon's behavior.