Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    That scene was only there as a way for Remender to wall of text his reason for Rogue being an adversary. Yet again he has Wanda talk at Rogue to tell her why she is awful. Remender is NOT doing justice to Rogue's character.

LOL, Remender. Rogue you were a very bad girl to be mean to St. Wanda. St. Wanda was never to blame for Decimation. But you were so over crazy with grief for a man who banged your mom, never told you of your half brother and did not include you in the reading of his will.
    Wanda actually seems pretty civil here. She flat out says Rogue was right to not trust her.

I thought the issue was good but seriously....is the whole Havok is hideously scarred thing sticking??

Also, personally I didn't mind when Wanda and Rogue fought nor do I mind them being friendly now. I'm curious to see where it goes and how long it lasts.

So glad Magneto, Rogue and Wanda in the same room hopefully more of that in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I thought the issue was good but seriously....is the whole Havok is hideously scarred thing sticking??
    All the characters that could heal him easily think Havok is a A******?

It seems to me Rogue could be the instrument for digging up Charles Xavier from the dead, if Marvel wishes that to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    I think her Assumptiuon that Xavier death was the only reason Rogue might want to stop her from attacking the mutants was pretty dickish, maybe just idiotic or perhaps both
    Considering that Rogue essentially admitted those were the reasons she acted the way she did, I don't consider it dickish or idiotic at all. It's merely Wanda repeating what Rogue already admitted.

Again, don't take my word for it... take Rogues. It's right there in the book.

So that whole psychic remnant of Xavier telepathically communicating with Rogue sure was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    So that whole psychic remnant of Xavier telepathically communicating with Rogue sure was interesting.
    70% sure that's Red Skull fucking with her as part of some plan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Redacted
    It's becoming problematic and I would suggest that the mods wade into the issue because we simply can not discuss any issue of Uncanny Avengers without the same arguments occurring again and again and again.

It's become clear that some people have a problem with Remender's writing NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS and are arguing issues that occurred almost 10 years ago.

It's preventing those that have enjoyed this book from day one from having meaningful discussions about each issue. I would suggest an Uncanny Avengers complaint thread drift so people can discuss the problems with Remender (which would be difficult seeing as CBR has a zero tolerance policy for creator bashing these days) or how they feel the mutants in the book are being wrongly portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    70% sure that's Red Skull fucking with her as part of some plan.
    Me too. I would like it to be Chuck, but I just don't think it is. We've had Wanda manipulated into serving an enemy's goal, is the same about to happen with Rogue?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    All the characters that could heal him easily think Havok is a A******?
    IKR!? I've been reading most X-men titles and some Avengers titles and I definitely see that they think he's an "A***!" Oh wait, wasn't it explained in the last issue why he can't be healed???? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's becoming problematic and I would suggest that the mods wade into the issue because we simply can not discuss any issue of Uncanny Avengers without the same arguments occurring again and again and again.

It's become clear that some people have a problem with Remender's writing NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS and are arguing issues that occurred almost 10 years ago.

It's preventing those that have enjoyed this book from day one from having meaningful discussions about each issue. I would suggest an Uncanny Avengers complaint thread drift so people can discuss the problems with Remender (which would be difficult seeing as CBR has a zero tolerance policy for creator bashing these days) or how they feel the mutants in the book are being wrongly portrayed.
    There is an appreciation thread for folks who are not content with varying opinions on titles and only want to read positive/similar views. I don't really get how contrary opinions make a thread bad. This is not a perfect title. When folks point out things they don't like that is the same as pointing out the things you do. It is a discussion, not an agreement.

Also, it is fair that the coloring in the issue was inconsistent. Rogue's bangs were totes distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Me too. I would like it to be Chuck, but I just don't think it is. We've had Wanda manipulated into serving an enemy's goal, is the same about to happen with Rogue?
    Based on the track record, you know this is going to happen. Yet another way, Rogue will get it wrong. She is just the worst Avenger.

Ultimate Member

There is an appreciation thread for folks who are not content with varying opinions on titles and only want to read positive/similar views. I don't really get how contrary opinions make a thread bad. This is not a perfect title. When folks point out things they don't like that is the same as pointing out the things you do. It is a discussion, not an agreement.

Also, it is fair that the coloring in the issue was inconsistent. Rogue's bangs were totes distracting.
    hi Jen. The art and coloring was indeed inconsistent in the issue.

I'm not trying to shut the down the argument at all. I also don't have any problem with the criticisms of the issue in front of us but virtually every Uncanny Avengers thread drifts into the "circular argument" territory which is in fact a violation of CBR rules.

It drowns out discussions on the individual issues which isn't fair to guys who actually want to discuss the issue.

It happened a lot during the Superior Spider-man and Avengers Arena era and it's repeating itself again. I think a separate thread for certain issues is becoming necessary at this point. The mods did the same thing very wisely on the DC boards after the new 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    hi Jen. The art and coloring was indeed inconsistent in the issue.

I'm not trying to shut the down the argument at all. I also don't have any problem with the criticisms of the issue in front of us but virtually every Uncanny Avengers thread drifts into the "circular argument" territory which is in fact a violation of CBR rules.

It drowns out discussions on the individual issues which isn't fair to guys who actually want to discuss the issue.

It happened a lot during the Superior Spider-man and Avengers Arena era and it's repeating itself again. I think a separate thread for certain issues is becoming necessary at this point. The mods did the same thing very wisely on the DC boards after the new 52.
    I get that it does feel like AvX redux whenever UA comes out. I probably do not help with my very Rogue focused critiques. Maybe now that Remender seems to be moving on from the Rogue v Wanda stuff, we fans can move on as well.

Ultimate Member

I get that it does feel like AvX redux whenever UA comes out. I probably do not help with my very Rogue focused critiques. Maybe now that Remender seems to be moving on from the Rogue v Wanda stuff, we fans can move on as well.
    Yeah.

I get your Rogue love (i actually started a thread to rail against Hickman's Avengers when he was one-shot KOed in the first issue of his current Avengers run) but I think that as time goes on, Remender will move away from the Rogue/Wanda stuff.

I'm pretty sure that some fans will move on after that.