Default Bags, Boards and you.

What do you use for your comic collection?
    I currently use BCW Current Bags and Boards but I recently got some comics that my mother has been storing for me (bunch of mid 80's and early to mid 90's stuff, Incredible Hulk #102, Secret Wars #8, Spider-Man #252, X-Factor #5 to name a few). Do you use the Mylar bags and different boards? Is it worth the upgrade or should I just stick with the regular ole bags and boards?

All my singles are modern cause I'm new to reading but I use mylites2 with fullbacks. They feel so much better protected. I've also gone overboard and started to put mylar over my hardcover dust jackets too.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

I just use ordinary PP bags with no board. Some of the comics make the bags wrinkle due to the printing process, so I plan to change these to mylar.

Spectacular Member marvelmaniac6169's Avatar

All of my books (Gold and Silver, 2000 books???) are in Mylites with Halfbacks and have been since Mylites were available to me...late 80's???

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    What do you use for your comic collection?
    I currently use BCW Current Bags and Boards but I recently got some comics that my mother has been storing for me (bunch of mid 80's and early to mid 90's stuff, Incredible Hulk #102, Secret Wars #8, Spider-Man #252, X-Factor #5 to name a few). Do you use the Mylar bags and different boards? Is it worth the upgrade or should I just stick with the regular ole bags and boards?
    I've just been using BCW bags and boards so far, and they've been working great. The only problem is that I bought a longbox and placed my comics in them, and the box got turned over in my closet and so some of the comics slid down and were leaning against others, and a couple of them are sort of buckled or bent now. But I've since moved the box to where this shouldn't happen and everything's been fine so far. I think it really depends on the level of protection you're looking for and of course, personal preference!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

I just use regular polypropylene (I hate polyethylene) bags and a board. I try to get bronze age bags as sometimes the new size ones are too small for either the comic or the board. I only use mylar for very old books (1960s), which I don't have many of anyway.

Incredible Member

I buy the bags from my LCS and I have every comic I own bagged and boarded, I also bag and board the prestige format books that are thin enough to be fitted, with larger graphic novels I use the magazine size bags.