Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    Didio wasn't in charge when Booster Gold's arm was ripped off by Doomsday.
    ...or when the Flash (Barry) and the original Supergirl died.

...or when the original Multiverse was destroyed, then retconned away.

...or when Barbara Gordon was crippled by the Joker.

...or when Jason Todd was killed by that same Joker.

...or when Xanshi was destroyed.

...or when Doomsday killed Superman.

...or when Coast City was destroyed by Mongul and Cyborg Superman.

...or when Hal Jordan flipped out, became Parallax, destroyed the GL Corps, and tried to reset time.

...or when Kyle Rayner found his girlfriend notoriously stuffed into a refrigerator.

...or when Green Arrow (Ollie) was killed in an airplane explosion.

...or when Gotham City was besieged, in turn, by plagues and a major earthquake, leading to over a year of anarchy and abandonment by the U.S.

...or when the original Gog slaughtered countless Supermen throughout the Hypertimelines.

That 1986-2002 period was hardly one of innocence and light in the greater DC Universe. Heck, BATMAN: THE CULT, which was released *between* the crippling of Barbara Gordon and the killing of Jason Todd in 1988, is far more nightmarish than anything I've read from DC during the past twelve years, and especially during the last three since the debut of the New 52.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

I hope this doesn't happen. I wish fans would just let go and accept that the universe that they once knew is gone, dead, finito.

Spectacular Member

Well... *sticks tongue out* ...I hope the exact opposite and the NU52 burns and the PRE-52 rises from the ashes. It's not going to happen, BUT it is the only way I'll start reading main universe comics again. My only fear from this new event next year, is it's just about putting the final nails in the PRE-NU52's coffin. Events mean deaths, events in universes that are no longer the main line? Means death and destruction on an insane scale. Deep down, we all pretty much expect this.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    I hope this doesn't happen. I wish fans would just let go and accept that the universe that they once knew is gone, dead, finito.
    I'm a big fan of the New 52. Frankly, I thought it needed to be done and has worked out much better than people give it credit. With that said, I see no harm in having a pre-52 Earth in the Multiverse. It won't be the main universe, but could open new storytelling and maybe allow old creators who had classic runs to come back and do minis in that universe for instance. Like an Ostrander Suicide Squad mini or a Peter David Aquaman mini, etc...The fact is that every other story DC has told is in the Multiverse, whether Red Son, Gotham by Gaslight, etc... Why wouldn't 70 years of their publishing history be?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I'm a big fan of the New 52. Frankly, I thought it needed to be done and has worked out much better than people give it credit. With that said, I see no harm in having a pre-52 Earth in the Multiverse. It won't be the main universe, but could open new storytelling and maybe allow old creators who had classic runs to come back and do minis in that universe for instance. Like an Ostrander Suicide Squad mini or a Peter David Aquaman mini, etc...The fact is that every other story DC has told is in the Multiverse, whether Red Son, Gotham by Gaslight, etc... Why wouldn't 70 years of their publishing history be?
    Yeah but I want DC to stick to their guns, instead of giving in to the complaints of nostalgic fans and by revisiting the Pre New 52 universe, they are doing exactly that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    So... a pre-Didio universe?
    much better...

soon he will drive new 52 to the ground again

BANNED

Sure, but Alexander Luthor isn't one of them, hes' a big advocate of the new 52. I don't see anything wrong with wanting one of the 52 worlds being that one, doesn't mean anything will ever go back to it. Just means once in a while we can see old Blue and Gold, Oracle, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    So... a pre-Didio universe?
    *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    much better...

soon he will drive new 52 to the ground again
    *yawn* and *eyeroll*

Seriously. It's not going to be the same and people will complain.

Right now DC is putting out some of their best product in a while. I'd rather they focus on continuing this instead of catering to the tiny, but very vocal minority.

So did we get a Red and Blue Superman or not? That's all that fracking matters!

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jan Itor View Post
    Right now DC is putting out some of their best product in a while. I'd rather they focus on continuing this instead of catering to the tiny, but very vocal minority.
    They did cater to a tiny, very vocal minority when they rebooted the universe.

Just saying.

And while pre-52 DC did have its share of deaths and destruction, the DCU as a whole didn't revel in it, nor were there any edicts against happy personal lives or levity.

That's where the difference lies.

You can't go home again, and neither the DC brass nor some of the fans get that.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 09-17-2014 at 01:36 PM.

BANNED

This really is something that should be handled with great care as it can result in a nice bomb in the current DC Universe continuity. If we assume that this is true we will also have to admit that some of the worst mistakes that resulted in the worst stories of the continuity of the DC Universe Pre-reboot also happened in this Earth-Pre-Reboot (death of Barry Allen Flash and Supergirl, Barbara Gordon was shot by the Joker and be paralyzed, the immeasurable confusion over the Hawkman Post-Crisis on Infinite Earths, the death of Superman, Batman and the Knight Fall of their replacement by Azrael, the death of Green Arrow / Oliver Queen, Hal Jordan go crazy with the destruction of Coast City, destroying the Green Lantern Corps, becoming Parallax, resetting the time, reigniting the dying sun in "Final Night", resurrect as the "New Spectre spirit of Vengeance of God," to quote the Dantesque Some errors editorial decisions of the DC Pre-Reboot) would not be a matter of just taking what worked and pleased in equal Justice League International and discard all the rest because it is not how it works. We would have to admit that everything was done as much good and bad YET THERE is part of the Earths of the new DC Multiverse
    Last edited by Sansomon; 09-17-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Personally, I'd rather see the Pre-Crisis Earth instead of Pre-Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post

You can't go home again,
    I do tire of being a drifting vagabond comic fan though
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Fair enough, bit it is a universe VERY similar to the pre-52 it seems. It makes sense - the whole goal of the Multiversity is that every story published by DC actually happened, just sometimes in different universes. Why wouldn't there be a pre-52 universe?
    But if that's true, then what made that world differs from it's New 52 counterpart ?

BANNED

WHY CAN"T WE HAVE THIS WORLD Instead of the Current New 52 darkness ?

I mean I like my Superman with RED TRUNKS.