Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Jphu8414 View Post
    Yeah if we could just stop thinking about Pre-52 so much and just look forward to the future. That would be great.
    I'm thinking of the future Post-New52, myself...
    I wonder what it will be like...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm thinking of the future Post-New52, myself...
    I wonder what it will be like...
    It will be the New 53. Just another reboot. This IS comics, after all. I predict New 52 will give way to New 53 by 2025.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm thinking of the future Post-New52, myself....
    Well, if anything, I'm guessing the event next year will do away with the New 52 branding.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Here's a question that I didn't want to start a whole new thread for and figured this one would suffice for it.

In Booster Gold Future's End #1 it's mentioned that Vanishing Point it outside of space and time and therefore unaffected by any events that change them. Does that mean that anyone who was at Vanishing Point would know about the first Crisis, Zero Hour, and Flashpoint?

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

An interesting article from Newsarama speculating on what's up: http://www.newsarama.com/22227-analy...an-doomed.html

All signs point to my original post being correct in some fashion
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 09-25-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Here's a question that I didn't want to start a whole new thread for and figured this one would suffice for it.

In Booster Gold Future's End #1 it's mentioned that Vanishing Point it outside of space and time and therefore unaffected by any events that change them. Does that mean that anyone who was at Vanishing Point would know about the first Crisis, Zero Hour, and Flashpoint?
    Anyone know the answer to this?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Anyone know the answer to this?
    Not exactly, but I do remember that in ZERO HOUR, Waverider needed to consult Vanishing Point's records before he became aware of COIE.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    An interesting article from Newsarama speculating on what's up: http://www.newsarama.com/22227-analy...an-doomed.html

All signs point to my original post being correct in some fashion
    I read that too, interesting read.

I find it hard to believe DC would pass up the 30 year anniversary of COIE. Which got me to thinking, COIE was a year long, and in May (or around there) of 2016 the original New52 books will reach #52. Hmmm... That number seems to come up a lot in the DC world. . The first Crisis was all about merging all the earths back together, maybe NewCrisis will have a similar theme. That will give DC an opportunity to keep what works of the New52 and add back in old DCU where it failed. Then we are back to a nice and tidy DCU and then they can start messing that up. We have to wait and see.

BANNED

It could go either way, depending on what the writer wanted to do.

All-New Member

Way back in 1985, I had rarely touched a DC comic. The only thing I was reading before that was The New Teen Titans by Wolfman and Perez. It had a similar vibe to the All-New, All-Different X-Men and a friend recommended it so I tried it and liked it. Then COIE came along (by the same creative team as many of you know) and I LOVED it. I then started reading a whole ton of DC comics and continue to do so to this very day. Whatever DC comics planned by putting out COIE worked in getting me to join DC comics (and I'd imagine a whole bunch of other people). I didn't stop reading Marvel comics and I don't really compare which company is best, they both have their own identities.

My guess is DC's New52 sprang forth from this same concept: Our readership is falling, aging, giving up on comics, etc. We need a shot in the arm to get it going again. I still fondly remember those Teen Titan days and Claremont/Byrne's X-Men days and all sorts of other titles and story lines that I'm never going to get back again. But I'm okay with that because there are often good stories that are being produced today. If New 52 changes next year into something else, I'll go along for the ride. I'll pick up titles I enjoy and won't invest in those I don't enjoy. If a title gets canceled, I'll look into something else. It's not that big of a deal, really.

In closing, I found this interesting on that Newsorama interview with Keith Giffen:

Giffen: When the Injustice League shows up, we get a whole new group of characters.

We grow Bane, and Sinestro. We grow Zeus.

Nrama: Zeus?!

Giffen: Zeus. Yes. In our reality, he's not really Wonder Woman's father.

And we get Superman's arch-foe, the one who hates Superman more than anyone else in the world: Lois Lane.

Nrama: Lois Lane???

Giffen: These are the kinds of things we're doing.
    So it seems this does NOT tie in with the current New 52 universe at all. Justice League 3000 (and what went on a thousand years before) seems to be its own universe.

All-New Member

By the way, if there is a new Crisis-ish storyline coming up, it seems Marvel may be doing something similar - - a new Secret Wars (which was Marvel's answer to Crisis, was it not?) plus solicitations of many past major stories, but with a twist. Hmmm - - whose idea was it first?