Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Has Aldrif got a Case Against Odin For This Mistake That Left Her in Heven?

When it all boils down, it wasn't Odins fault that Aldrif found herself in the enemies camp hating her father. Sure, Aldrif couldn't help the tradition she was led to believe she owns, so the bitterness against Odin is understandable. But I think Aldrif will come to understand that Odin was not to know that her fate had been shaped in such a tragic direction. We don't know the full story on why Odin calls the Angels devils, and why he has to eradicate them, so Odin may have been justified in not negotiating with his daughters life. Even though old Man Odin blames himself and calls himself too proud, I think that is a grieving father talking, who judges himself very harshly.

Another aspect of this is what Thor feels about Odin. Could Thor blame Odin as well, for Aldrifs awful fate in life? I think Thor is such a God that he is emotional enough to call out Odin and criticise him, in such a heated discussion where Thor blames Odin for the loss of Aldrif, his sister, all these years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    Attachment 9918 odin said he loved him. (And again, I can’t really tell you how much it pleases me that Odin rolls so casually with Loki’s genderfluidity. “My child who is both.” That’s actually a+ parenting from Odin,
    On a very special episode of "Thor: God of Thunder..."

This didn't end as abruptly as I feared it might. All the art was good. The Lokis steal the show as usual.

Might I ask why Loki is still a lady? I figured he'd change back by the chariot scene but if it doesn't bother him it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Doing this off memory sorry if I missed anything...

- Odin and Cul are back
    Although Cul seems strangely listless. Why isn't he raring to take over Asgard from Odin again?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    - Thor is wrecking shit with his lightning

- Queen Angel tells Thor what happened to his sister... she was incinerated

- Thor not happy. Angela appears and declares she will face him alone

- Old King Loki thinks this is hilarious

- Thor essentially tells the Angela and the readers and the Thor fanboys who are impatient that the only reason Angela had the upper hand their last fight is that he was worn out and distracted adn that is no longer the case.

- Thor tells Angela she is fast but is she faster that lightning and blasts her down...

- Only to release that wasn't his lightning... it was Odin. Odin is preparing to tear down Heven with his children and before Thor can strike down Angela...

- Odin realizes that is his daughter and stops him. The queen angels basically banishes Angela as she is Asguardian.

- Angela isn't happy with Odin and states she will kill him or something later

- Odin, Thor, and Loki leave to go back to Asgard. Odin states he has work to do and that he loves his son and son/daughter

- Thor states he really messed up... opening up the 10th realm and almost killing his sister. Loki states he released Cul so they are even essentially. Loki then tells him that at least he is worthy (que forshadowing)

- Old King Loki is depressed because Odin never told him he loved him

- Angela is free

I liked this series. We have a 10th realm. Odin is back. Cul is released. Fun Fun
    By my count, Loki is still ahead on this count, at least if you can count Kid Loki's actions as his... not only did he release Cul here, but back in Fear Itself he released Surtur in order to help defeat Cul.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Anyone have a pic of Ol king Loki being "He never told me he loved me"? He always has the best faces!
    So, Old King Loki is no longer the future of present Loki...

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    I wonder whose side Cul will be on when Malekith's horde attacks everyone. Is Odin back to being the boss in charge of all the Nine Realms? And does that mean Gorr with his weapon killed Odin in the future?
    I'm hoping that along with the new female Thor, we'll see Odin being nonplussed when the All-Mother refuses to just hand the throne back, either simply saying no way or calling for a vote in the Parliament of Worlds (which then potentially puts a dark horse non-Asgardian candidate in charge). He really needs some of the humility he once tried to teach his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly. Thor's heritage has always been cited as the reason he's more powerful than the average Asgardian and a lot of the people encounters.

Thor's father is a sky father and his mother is an elder goddess, there's no way Angela can be as powerful as him.
    She's still the daughter of Odin and Freyja (Frigga? who knows at this point), which would make her, if not Thor's strength level, way above average for an Asgardian... and your average Asgardian is tons (around 25-35, actually) stronger than Gamora. There's definitely no reason she can't be at least Sif- or Valkyrie-level, and pair that with however long she's been training in fighting skill and sheer speed as a hunter of Heven, there's no reason she shouldn't be able to give him a fair fight, at least for a while.

All-New Member

Angela seems to be near Thor's level in strength, which would put her in the 75 ton plus range. I wonder if she has some capacity for magic like most Asgardian born do? It would be cool to see her take on Karnilla, Amora or Casiolena in a mystical firefight.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    So, Old King Loki is no longer the future of present Loki...
    “Loki is in a redemption arc already, and has found himself faced with the challenge of proving himself capable of being a hero, but of course the person who doubts him the most is himself… And deep down, in the recesses of his mind, there is his future self cackling at him, pulling him into despair, convincing him that there is no other road for him. And AXIS will allow him to answer that question once and for all for himself, as to what the true fiber and makeup of his character is and whether or not he is inferior to his half-brother Thor.”
    — Rick Remender on Loki’s character development through ‘Loki: Agent of Asgard’ and ’ Avengers & X-Men: Axis’

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    “Loki is in a redemption arc already, and has found himself faced with the challenge of proving himself capable of being a hero, but of course the person who doubts him the most is himself… And deep down, in the recesses of his mind, there is his future self cackling at him, pulling him into despair, convincing him that there is no other road for him. And AXIS will allow him to answer that question once and for all for himself, as to what the true fiber and makeup of his character is and whether or not he is inferior to his half-brother Thor.”
    — Rick Remender on Loki’s character development through ‘Loki: Agent of Asgard’ and ’ Avengers & X-Men: Axis’
    Except in this issue we've already seen their roads diverge, even if only a little so far.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Except in this issue we've already seen their roads diverge, even if only a little so far.
    agrees this is not our loki...I think Old Loki is just a character being written by his future self, and has taken a life of his own, like Leah did.

the frost giant attack in the new Thor series will be led by Laufey himself or?
    tumblr_nc2p9rLjeD1qit6bpo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nc2p9rLjeD1qit6bpo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nc2p9rLjeD1qit6bpo1_1280.jpg
    Last edited by ROSA13; 09-18-2014 at 11:23 AM.

tumblr_nc22nvEllA1qb9ol8o3_500.jpg
    tumblr_nc22nvEllA1qb9ol8o4_500.jpg

I like to think that by saying that to our Agent!Loki, Odin actually, without knowing, began to change the future.

My guess is that Agent!Loki’s gonna tattletale on mommy to daddy and that’s what’s going to start the next war Old!Loki was talking about.

"If I am loved it is because I am not known.”

"I know you. I know everything you are… and I love you. Very, very much.”

Oh shit, Odin totally knows he’s not kid Loki.
    tumblr_nc6cklwXoG1r3ailgo2_500.jpg
    tumblr_nc6cklwXoG1r3ailgo4_500.jpg

Spectacular Member

Now Thor is contemplating his status as the one begotten son, first born of Odin, and realising he has just been replaced, and he must bow before the first born Angela from now on, as she will be the heir to the throne, not Thor. Thor contemplates looking at his hammer, which states only those that are worthy can hold the hammer of Thor, and wonders if he is still now worthy? Maybe Fury knew that Angela lived and was the first born of Odin and was the worthy over Thor?
    I don't see anything that would link Angela to Mjolnir, actually. If she were worthy, she may be able to lift and use the hammer but whether or not she is the first born of Odin wouldn't factor in.

As for her strength level, I think it's pretty clear that she is on par with Thor in general. As she stated, he may be a little stronger; she may be a little faster. His reason for losing to her was silly, regardless.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if future Loki was trying to manipulate Angela for his own purposes. And if there is some scenario where Angela has to merge with Jane Foster to save Jane Foster's life, in some sense the earlier Jane Foster story arcs would have been retold in perhaps a superior fashion.

Now that it's over, I'm not entirely dissapointed with Angela's direction in Marvel.

The story was fully entertaining, and it's nice that the Angels are still corrupt and coniving shrews (as they were in Image's Spawn). That Angela herself is not actually an Angel still sticks in my craw (quite a bit, to be honest), but the general tone of her character and her role as a bit of a lone wolf against the universe is true to her 'spirit', so I'll live with it. I just hope that her connections to Asgard are as thick as Val's, in that they're given lip service without being dwelt on 24/7.

It's still kind of annoying that she's only been around for a year now, and she already has gaping continuity issues. Why were Tony's initial scans of her person not able to identify her as 'Asgardian'? But, that's Marvel for you...
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.