• TREES #5

3 9.09%
  • WICKED & DIVINE #4

2 6.06%
  • OTHER

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I only read Deadly Class from Image but I liked it enough to vote for it anyway.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Finally got around to reading all of my stack and I chucked in a vote for Deadly Class which narrowly beat Manifest Destiny, I binge read the whole run so far of Deadly Class and loving every minute of it. MD could have been great if only they focused a bit more on the water beast. I also caught up to Supreme Blue Rose but I feel that this title is one I will understand properly after reading the entire run because atm I am really confused about many aspects of this story, nevertheless it was a good issue I just didn't understand all of it.
    Black Science, Copperhead, Deadly Class, East of West, The Fade Out, Five Ghosts, Ghosted, Injustice, Invincible, Lazarus, Manifest Destiny, Nailbiter, Outcast, Saga, Southern Bastards, Spread,The Walking Dead, Wayward, XO Manowar

Wow, I really did not expect a title to get 10 votes this week. I tradewait DC so I haven't read it yet.

My vote went to Shutter, just a fun book that one.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Oddly Groo, I'm gathering you haven't read Oddly Normal before (or, as happens, yet). I had, long time ago. I enjoyed this new issue even though it was oddly easy to know what was coming next.... I went out to my book house and grabbed up the old (Viper Press?) series. Sadly enough, while I haven't done a page-by-page comparison, this new issue pretty much repeats about half the old series first issue. Very disappointing, that. Otherwise, it's a fun story about what could happen if you actually could, and did, wish your parents would just--disappear!

Otherwise, it always seems like an Image-week for me. This week: Manifest, Oddly, Bullets, Trees. Voted Bullets, as Manifest's really lost my interest--looks pretty to me, but so??--Trees is just creeeeping along & may find itself dropped in a couple issues; and Oddly, well, see above there. So it was Stray Bullets for me, that's my (so far) one vote up there; never fails to deliver and even when its happiest endings seem uncomfortably 'off'... 'And that's my honest child's opinion from the clear, blue sky.'
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Oddly Groo, I'm gathering you haven't read Oddly Normal before (or, as happens, yet). I had, long time ago. I enjoyed this new issue even though it was oddly easy to know what was coming next.... I went out to my book house and grabbed up the old (Viper Press?) series. Sadly enough, while I haven't done a page-by-page comparison, this new issue pretty much repeats about half the old series first issue. Very disappointing, that. Otherwise, it's a fun story about what could happen if you actually could, and did, wish your parents would just--disappear!

Otherwise, it always seems like an Image-week for me. This week: Manifest, Oddly, Bullets, Trees. Voted Bullets, as Manifest's really lost my interest--looks pretty to me, but so??--Trees is just creeeeping along & may find itself dropped in a couple issues; and Oddly, well, see above there. So it was Stray Bullets for me, that's my (so far) one vote up there; never fails to deliver and even when its happiest endings seem uncomfortably 'off'... 'And that's my honest child's opinion from the clear, blue sky.'
    Hey Matt, didn't realize that from Oddly Normal. I see that you like Courtney Crumrin, a series that I enjoy immensely. Would you say Oddly is comparable? InformationGeek gave it a very glowing review on his site so I might have to check it out. Seems like a series that I would like. I have a few titles on my pull that are ending soon like Starlight and Sheltered so I have room for a few new titles.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 09-22-2014 at 08:39 AM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Hey Groo-O,

Yeah I think you'd enjoy Oddly Normal. Haven't read the old series past the first issue as I'm conflicted--have subscribed to the 'new' series already up to #3 and if it's (just) repeating the first series, don't want to "pre-read" but I remember it as a fun title, which's why I subbed to the new issues. As I recall, it's not as clever, dark or deep as Courtney, but just as well drawn, just as 'slightly magical' in content, and, well, y'know...fun.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Hey Groo-O,

Yeah I think you'd enjoy Oddly Normal. Haven't read the old series past the first issue as I'm conflicted--have subscribed to the 'new' series already up to #3 and if it's (just) repeating the first series, don't want to "pre-read" but I remember it as a fun title, which's why I subbed to the new issues. As I recall, it's not as clever, dark or deep as Courtney, but just as well drawn, just as 'slightly magical' in content, and, well, y'know...fun.
    Excellent, I'll give the first few issues a try. I trust your tastes.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Wow, 10 books got a vote this past week. Impressive. Most impressive.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Amazing Member

I took a look at 'Oddly Normal' but it didn't really blow my skirt up. Left it on the shelf.

Okay so I picked up Oddly Normal and enjoyed it quite a bit. The previews on the back pages for the upcoming issues has me intrigued. Seems like it's heavily influenced by the Wizard of Oz with a bit of Courtney Crumrin thrown in, this is right up my alley. I liked the art as well after reading the issue, didn't grab me at first flipping through it at my LCS but works here. Adding this to my pull, going to give it at least five issues or the first arc to see where this goes but I'm almost certain that I will love this seeing as I have a few titles on my pull that is similar that I'm loving at the moment.

Too bad I can't redo my vote, enjoyed it much more than manifest destiny