Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Well, All New X-men is one of the best selling X-books and Cyclops is not in it; so i think that the things are going to be fine.
    It would be nice to read an story with the "AARRRGGGHHAATE", but something tells me that the JGS staff would still go to his grave to just do that.

Sure. He is not a seller. With him or without Uncanny will have the same numbers.

X books will be fine without him but I am tired of Marvel killing characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Let's see how well they're doing two months after they've stopped milking his death.
    Well, to be fair, Logan was gone for a couple of years in the 90s and sales on the X-books were still high. But that was a different time, and the X-men were a priority for Marvel then.

BANNED

You do realize the X-men have gone a whole decade without Scott. No X-man is essential to the brand going forward, not even Wolverine it's most popular character.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You do realize the X-men have gone a whole decade without Scott. No X-man is essential to the brand going forward, not even Wolverine it's most popular character.

o
    First of all no they haven't. Secondly the biggest period without relied him quite a bit on Wolverine and thirdly the X-brand is a hell of a lot bigger now. They're maintaining a dozen books now. Without Wolverine and Cyclops on any of them, they'd get smaller. Which ain't what Marvel wants, whether is for the best to have them both off the board for a bit despite this or not.

Call me old-fashioned, call me what you will, I like my X-Men classic and simple. Scott, Ororo, Logan, Jean, Kurt and Peter. Bring in the secondary, yet classic team-mates (like Kitty, Rogue, Bobby etc) and split(not the teams but missions) into 3 books and that's it.

BANNED

Young Jean will replace Cyclops, X 23 logan and young cyke will Screw Everything and stay with his father. They are X Men next generation

Incredible Member

yes

Magneto & Storm not only did it, but did such a great job that it was the high point of the franchise.

Failing that, you got Nightcrawler as a solid backup.

Or Shadowcat as yet another backup.

Hell Cable might do a descent job as well.

Heck Put M and Jubilee as co leaders and the story writes itself.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    yes

Magneto & Storm not only did it, but did such a great job that it was the high point of the franchise.

Failing that, you got Nightcrawler as a solid backup.

Or Shadowcat as yet another backup.

Hell Cable might do a descent job as well.

Heck Put M and Jubilee as co leaders and the story writes itself.
    I like everything about this post...especially the way it builds to a triumphant climax.

I'd hate to see any more of the X-Men killed off anytime soon.
    Personally I'm a fan of both of Bendis' Scotts and look forward to seeing their personal stories continue as important driving factors in the X-books. That said, rather than kill off the adult Scott - I'd like to see him find some inner peace and external forgiveness. He's earned it. Losing him wouldn't harm the industry...but it'd do serious damage to making anything meaningful out of what the x-books have been since Schism.

If they have to kill somebody, make it permanent, pertinent and purposeful. Kill Sinister and never bring him back...enough with that creep already. THAT would be a statement of solidarity! THAT should have been dealt with by one of the X-Force (no trial, no quarter) teams ages ago.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

As a Cyclops fan, I believe that yes they can. I don't want CYke to actually die, just be moved to a different book like the solo Tyke is in.

This way Adult Cyke can finally do something outside the Xmen and find a new niche for his chara. Sure it may fail and he might try to go back but I at least want to see the attempt.

For the rest, we may get a few years or so of Storm doing what others say she should be doing: leading. As the one and all leader. Or Kitty. I want to see others take on the role as the s$%t hits the fan. Since we won't get another decimation storyline, I want to see how the others handle such things. Maybe Axis could pave the way for new leadership.

Fantastic Member

I could see one or more characters filling the void left by Cyclops, or at least making a good attempt until he inevitably comes back. Like Storm or even Xavier (after a resurrection). I wouldn't mind seeing Chuck rise back up to prominence and not just be awarded it posthumously.

I gotto agree with Marvelmaster616's example here. Ultimate X-Men went down the drain fast. The books may continue, but will be C or D-Grade compared to othr stuff like Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    I could see one or more characters filling the void left by Cyclops, or at least making a good attempt until he inevitably comes back. Like Storm or even Xavier (after a resurrection). I wouldn't mind seeing Chuck rise back up to prominence and not just be awarded it posthumously.
    Personally, I never thought Xavier was interesting as a character in his own right...he's the Aunt May of the X-Men...basically, a plot device...you needed him to get the ball rolling on the "dream" but he should have been killed off permanently years, maybe decades, ago...to me, it always made the X-Men look weak as long as they could just run home to Daddy for help...which is why they've been coming up with one way or another to ditch Xavier over and over again all the way back to the 60s.

They only way writers have ever been able to make him mildly interesting is by turning him into a douche...and that gets old after a while. If Xavier had been given a moment to shine and then died in a heroic sacrifice it's a death that might have actually been allowed to stick (if he'd actually died at the end of Messiah Complex when he was shot, that might have worked with a little retooling)...what we got in AvX, though, will never be allowed to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Personally, I never thought Xavier was interesting as a character in his own right...he's the Aunt May of the X-Men...basically, a plot device...you needed him to get the ball rolling on the "dream" but he should have been killed off permanently years, maybe decades, ago...to me, it always made the X-Men look weak as long as they could just run home to Daddy for help...which is why they've been coming up with one way or another to ditch Xavier over and over again all the way back to the 60s.

They only way writers have ever been able to make him mildly interesting is by turning him into a douche...and that gets old after a while. If Xavier had been given a moment to shine and then died in a heroic sacrifice it's a death that might have actually been allowed to stick (if he'd actually died at the end of Messiah Complex when he was shot, that might have worked with a little retooling)...what we got in AvX, though, will never be allowed to stand.
    Wrong. He's the only person who mattered.
    Last edited by Avenger88; 09-18-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    Wrong. He's the only person who mattered.
    And who seems to matter more when he's dead than he ever did when he was alive (as proven by current stories and AoA),