Thread: Sad news

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Default Sad news

I'm not sure how many of you know me and I'm not even entirely sure this is allowed ( if not then it can be deleted and I apologize) I just felt moved to post this.

Anyway, a co-worker of mine received some sad news late last night. Her daughter and husband had just learned that they were expecting their third child a few weeks back and just last night she had a miscarriage. The family is devestated and I was wondering if anyone would care to say a prayer as applies to your particular religion for this young family to give them strength for the difficult road ahead.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

No problem. Praying on the situation. Sometimes a miscarriage can lead to suicidal thoughts.

That sucks man I'm sorry. I've known several people who have suffered through this sort of horriffic event. I don't know what's worse, suffering a miscarrige or losing a child to sids. I've seen both and it's not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    No problem. Praying on the situation. Sometimes a miscarriage can lead to suicidal thoughts.
    I'm not sure she'll take her life but she does blame herself for what happened, which isn't a good sign. I've been praying for her whole family and I have asked all my other friends to do so as well as having set up a prayer chain. Thought I'd ask here as well. More prayers can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    That sucks man I'm sorry. I've known several people who have suffered through this sort of horriffic event. I don't know what's worse, suffering a miscarrige or losing a child to sids. I've seen both and it's not pretty.
    I've gone through this with other friends and your right its not pretty. Thank you for your thoughts
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I wish I could do more, but will wish your friend's daughter and all involved well, and pray for all to be well and fully recover.

My condolences, and my encouragement for brighter days ahead.

My condolences. I'm very sorry to hear such news.

I had a cousin whose child dies in the womb
    Last edited by Pinsir; 05-06-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

My condolences.
    This is a hard thing for anyone to go through.

My condolences go out to her and her family.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

You bet the whole family will be in my thoughts. Depending on how well you know your coworker and her family, I might suggest doing something nice for them like bringing some food or maybe a grocery gift card or something to help while the family recovers. The combined grief and physical stress of a miscarriage can do a number on a woman, so any little bit helps. Heck, even a sympathy card can be nice, because it's not often that people acknowledge miscarriage as a real death in the family.

Princess Awesome bipolar danger girl's Avatar

I don't pray, but I've been through it, and the experience caused deep sadness. So, I will wish them much happiness. And a rainbow.
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm not sure she'll take her life but she does blame herself for what happened, which isn't a good sign. I've been praying for her whole family and I have asked all my other friends to do so as well as having set up a prayer chain. Thought I'd ask here as well. More prayers can't hurt.
    Can I suggest professional counseling for your co-worker's daughter?

I mean, praying is fine, but maybe she needs someone to help her overcome such situation, perhaps?