View Poll Results: How will Brian Braddock be affected by Scottish independence?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will be better than ever!

1 5.88%
  • He will retain his usual effectiveness. (Please explain what this means to you.)

10 58.82%
  • He's done. Send in the new Captain Britain already.

0 0%
  • Who cares about this guy? (No one.) Give me Captain Scotland!

4 23.53%
  • I don't like or know anything about comics.

2 11.76%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

they also will need their own military and navy. and they will need a new superhero once they gain their freedom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    people in scotland and ireland don't seem to like being referred to as britain. please let's not make personal insults because someone disagrees with your opinion.
    Where do you see a personal insult?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Where do you see a personal insult?
    you told me i must not know my geography which was insulting.

BANNED

Please be joking.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Mod reminder folks, since real-world politics and geography can be a touchy issue with posters on this forum directly affected, let's keep the discussion on the implication of Scottish independence on the 616 Great Britain, Captain Britain, and Otherworld.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

He will retain his usual effectiveness. (Please explain what this means to you.)
    It won't be mentioned nor affect him.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    I wouldn't ever say that to a Canadian's face if I were you...
    A shame Captain America doesn't have powers that derive from all of the Americas, both North, Central and South.

I am pretty sure if Scotland becomes its own nation that it won't affect Captain Britain's powerbase. I recall reading somewhere that his power his linked to the British Isles. I also thought I read an interview or a story somewhere that Braddock's link runs across space/time...meaning that as long as there was a British Isles (geographic location, not geopolitical location) somewhere in the multiverse there will always be a Captain Britain.

I also think that Scotland should have its own national hero as well. Someone to tell CB, "Don't bother, I can handle this."

The have Black Axe.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Are there any other Scottish Supes? The only character I can think of off hand is Moira MacTaggart, a and she's not powered. I guess you could include Proteus her son as a big league Scottish villain.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Are there any other Scottish Supes? The only character I can think of off hand is Moira MacTaggart, a and she's not powered. I guess you could include Proteus her son as a big league Scottish villain.
    Kilgore Slaughter.

Wolfsbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The have Black Axe.
    I didn't realize that he was Scotland's national hero. I thought was just a costumed adventurer that happened to be based in Scotland at the moment. I suppose it wouldn't be difficult to transition him into the Captain America of Scotland, if he isn't already.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Kilgore Slaughter.

Wolfsbane.
    Shame on me. I love the new mutants. Never heard of Kilgore Slaughter.

I know Legion in X-Men Legacy had a broad Sottish accent throughout, from growing up on Muir Island. Don't know if you could count him though.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's going to physically tear itself away from the island and settle somewhere else? You don't seem to be aware of what Britain is.
    Russia is part of the continental landmass of Europe however they are not part of the EU. Canada is part of North America as is Mexico but but they are both independent nations. If Scotland claims independence from the union, they will technically secede from the UK and Great Britain in functionality even if they aren't divided by sea. So if they wish to recognise The Queen as their monarch in only a loose sense, the most they'd be considered is part of the Commonwealth.

Current predictions are now pretty strong that the vote is going to be "No" - so although I have to admit that the people who were saying he would be unaffected made a strong case (possible changes to the Union Flag aside), the question raised in the OP will shortly become what Joey from Friends would call a moo point

There'll be a lot of wrangling about increased devolution powers afterwards, to be sure, and I imagine that another referendum might be held in about 15 to 20 years.