Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Star Wars: Rebels

Hiya everyone, just starting this thread up in order to have a place to specifically discuss the upcoming Disney XD Star Wars show, Star Wars: Rebels.

Just so you all know, this thread will contain in detail discussion, spoilers and stuff therein.

Having this'll mean, despite that, if you want to talk about the films, new, upcoming etc, then you can go to GLFans' thread to do it, not worrying about spoilers for Rebels.

The synopsis, from Lucasfilm and Collider, is as follows:

Star Wars Rebels continues the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga with all-new exciting, action-packed adventures. It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. As the series begins, Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. But there are a select few who are brave enough to stand up against the endless Stormtroopers and TIE fighters of the Empire: the clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, have thrilling adventures, and become heroes.

Freddie Prinze Junior will voice Kanan Jarrus. Is a survivor of Order 66, wielding a blaster instead of his lightsaber to avoid attention. Leader of the crew of the Ghost.

Taylor Gray will voice Ezra Bridger. He's a charismatic thief, con artist and pickpocket, living on Outer Rim world of Lothal, where the Empire mine their resources for Siener TIE Fighter production. Has unknown ability to use the Force and, for now, no real loyalty to anyone.

Steven Blum will voice Zeb Orrelios. An experienced, intelligent, Lasat enforcer, serving as muscle for Ghost crew. His look is based on Ralph McQuarries' original concept for Chewbacca.

Tiya Sircar will voice Sabine Wren. A female Mandalorian, expert knowledge of weapons, combat and explosives. Tags Imperial facilities with anti-Imperial propaganda after an attack, with graffiti. Frequently modifies armour, conflicting colours.

Vanessa Marshall will voice Hera Syndulla. She's Twi'lek, owning and piloting the Ghost. She's the mother figure for them, uniting the crew.

Jason Isaacs will voice the Inquisitor, who is the main antagonist. Unamed Pau'an, wielding a double bladed lightsaber and is tasked by Darth Vader with hunting down the remaining Jedi.

David Oyelowo will voice Agent Kallus. He's a high ranking agent of the Imperial Security Bureau, serving under the Inquisitor.

Billy Dee Williams will voice Lando Calrissian.

James Arnold Taylor will once more voice Obi-Wan Kenobi, the voice actor for him in Star Wars: Clone Wars and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. A Jedi Master. former friend of Darth Vader, residing on Tatooine system.

Anthony Daniels will voice C3-PO, the man who, I believe, has always been the one playing/voicing the wiry/silver/golden droid. He's a protocol droid, aiding the Republic during The Clone Wars. After its' fall, now under ownership of the crew of Tantive IV.

Also appearing:

R2-D2, astromech droid and best friend to C3-PO (even if he doesn't know it).

C1-10P, or Chopper, Heras' astromech droid, who's very irritable, not seeming to care about his owners. Crafted from spare parts.

I'm just very excited to get a TV show, or something, set in a period I'm very curious about and, unlike gap between II and III, isn't as thoroughly explored, outside of, say, comics, books and games. I'm hoping these characters are as compelling, adventures as gripping as in the previous show. Hopefully, at some point, we'll get an appearance from Darth Vader himself, whether it's in a clash in Kanan, searching for his old master, or dealing with the Inquisitor, it'd be nice to see him.

Especially if Matt Lanter, voice actor for Anakin Skywalker in TCW, voices him.

Plus, if anyone wants a bit more to keep them going, there's a few shorts to watch and enjoy, with The Machine in the Ghost, Art Attack, Entanglement and Property of Ezra Bridger. Apart from that, there's also a book which came out much earlier this month, called, I believe, either Star Wars: A New Dawn, or Star Wars: Rebels: A New Dawn, about how Kanan and Hera came to meet, and set before the show begins. Might be worth a look, especially written by Kenobi author, John Jackson Miller.
    Last edited by Crimson Knight; 09-18-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Also, much of the same crew behind The Clone Wars join this, plus Greg Weisman, the man behind The Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice, Gargoyles and likely many more. I sense this'll be a series from him that won't be joining the overly early throes of cancellation.

Available to watch on Disney XD App on the 29th September, with a preview, A Spark Of Rebellion, same two episodes together, on the 3rd October, on Disney XD itself.

Officially begins on the 13th October, on Disney XD.

According to Wikipedia, with source Star Wars Underworld.com, the episode titles for Episodes 1-6 are:

1. Spark of Rebellion Part I.

2. Spark of Rebellion Part II.

3. Droids in Distress.

4. Fighter Flight.

5. Rise of the Old Masters.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...s-episode.html

Plus, a few directors and writers.

BANNED

What is your source for Lando showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    What is your source for Lando showing up?
    Well, I'll be honest with you and say the majority of this is written, not copied and pasted, but written, from Wikipedia.

Said Billy Dee Williams would be voicing Lando, and checked his Wikipedia page earlier today, and mentioned Star Wars: Rebels for TV.

Checked his IMDB too, just now, and said Rebels is filming, and he's a voice for Lando for this year.

Fantastic Member

Really looking forward to this. The Clone Wars was a great show - the only problem I had with it is I think it should have ended with the "capture" of Palpatine. As much as I loved the show, it doesn't feel complete.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Also, much of the same crew behind The Clone Wars join this, plus Greg Weisman, the man behind The Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice, Gargoyles and likely many more. I sense this'll be a series from him that won't be joining the overly early throes of cancellation.

Available to watch on Disney XD App on the 29th September, with a preview, A Spark Of Rebellion, same two episodes together, on the 3rd October, on Disney XD itself.

Officially begins on the 13th October, on Disney XD.
    Actually, Weisman is only working on season one.

Im pretty excited for it and the only thing I dislike is that its a prequel to the original trilogy as i rather them not be boxed in by it.

But Im liking everything so far so im gonna watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Actually, Weisman is only working on season one.
    Really? Where'd you find that out?

Don't know if that's good or bad, if true. Makes good contributions to various series, to be sure, and surely will here. So I wonder what'd change if he was leaving, and would be be replaced, or have others do double time.

Robotech Master, yeah, I understand now. And the quotation marks make more sense now, as that was, indeed, a fabricated capture, rather than anything else - though I don't know if it was for Grievous.

Yeah, I can understand that, if that's what you meant, Liven, but unfortunately it did indeed end when and where it did. Perhaps it would've set that up, or something else entirely. I suspect with Anakin, but I guess how The Wrong Jedi and Sacrifice ended are, for the moment, how it ended.

But, besides that, the 2003 series, Star Wars: Clone Wars, IIRC, ended exactly that way, leading directly in the opening scene of Revenge Of The Sith, so at least there's that. Might have felt a bit redundant, doing that again, or before most things were deemed non-canon, it could've been thought that both series could've slotted in together, with TCW having one episode, then CW another, and so on, events wise.

Course, now, that can't exactly work, unless someone wants to look on it that way.

Does anyone think because the main group of characters here consists of Kanan, Ezra, Sabine, Hera, Zeb, Chopper and the Inquisitor, that episodes'll just focus on their conflicts with the Empire, themselves and the status quo as it now stands?

Or, like TCW, will it burst outside the radius of General Grivous, Asaji Ventress, Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku, maybe Padme, and have episodes where it centres around another characters' story entirely, be it some Stormtroopers, or citizens dealing with the Empire, C3-PO, or R2-D2, as we had with the Clone Troopers and others before?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I enjoyed the "The Machine in the Ghost" and "Entanglement" shorts and am looking forward to the "Spark of Rebellion" series premiere.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Does anyone think because the main group of characters here consists of Kanan, Ezra, Sabine, Hera, Zeb, Chopper and the Inquisitor, that episodes'll just focus on their conflicts with the Empire, themselves and the status quo as it now stands?

Or, like TCW, will it burst outside the radius of General Grivous, Asaji Ventress, Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku, maybe Padme, and have episodes where it centres around another characters' story entirely, be it some Stormtroopers, or citizens dealing with the Empire, C3-PO, or R2-D2, as we had with the Clone Troopers and others before?
    I expect that it will focus entirely on a core cast, maybe some episodes focusing on the main bad guys.

Mighty Member

Really? Where'd you find that
    In this podcast around the 34 minute mark:

http://fullofsith.com/archives/1113

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    In this podcast around the 34 minute mark:

http://fullofsith.com/archives/1113
    Okay, thanks. Appreciate that. I wonder how that'd affect the show - and what Weisman'd move on to afterwards?