Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I recently got interested in SW again after all these years. So when this show premiered I loved every second of it!

I'm surprised everyone else hates the animation. Personally I thought it was a huge step up from SW:TCW. Two episodes in and I already love all of the new characters (except for the R2-D2 rip-off, his voice was really annoying). I loved Ezra because he reminds me of Aladdin (makes sense considering this is Disney). My favorite part was when Zeb was forced to leave Ezra behind when he got captured. He had to make a hard decision and I understood why he had to do it. I loved how Ezra went from Zero to Hero by starting to acting self-less instead of selfish. The wookie rescue was cool and I loved how Tiya kept blowing up the Storm Troopers. The only downside was that the Inquisitor was rarely used in this two part episode. I can't wait to see how bad-ass he is.

I give this 5 out of 5 stars.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Apparently Greg Weisman is leaving the show after Season 1.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    The Wookiees looked terrible, but the rest of it was good.
    Well, I don't think they looked terrible, but they did seem a bit off. I might've preferred the look of Chewbacca in The Clone Wars, or whatever Wookies we might've had there, but it just seemed off here, I think.

More hair at the top, maybe a bit of a fluffier head.

Thinner, or bigger body, I just don't know.

And, don't know about anyone else, but I liked Agent Kallus. Different to Tarkin, for sure - wonder if he appears, will his voice actor from TCW show up? And would he be aged up, like Obi-Wan was, but same voice?

Also, does anyone feel what little we got of Obi-Wan, in voice and animation, looked/sounded more McGregor, or Guiness? My Dad said in between, but what does everyone else think?

And, am I correct in saying the guy voicing Kallus is one of the greedy corporate fellas in Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    How do you feel about that?

And, Batman#22, was it just the voice, if you would, for Chopper you disliked? Not his personality, look, or anything?

And, when you say Tiya, do you mean Sabine? As Tiya Sircar is her voice actor.

Felt the exact same way about the Inquisitor. Kept hoping he'd show up, in the 40+minutes, and that most of what I'd seen was the first episode, while the rest would be the second, with loads, or some, of him. At least we got that cameo. Didn't expect there to be a conversation between him and Kallus, but then again, the Agent is his second.

Ultimate Member

The showrunners have said that they don't want to overuse the Inquisitor (and thus take away a lot of his menace). He'll only show up at certain points, but when he does it'll be a big deal.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    And, am I correct in saying the guy voicing Kallus is one of the greedy corporate fellas in Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes?
    Yeah that's him.

And, Batman#22, was it just the voice, if you would, for Chopper you disliked? Not his personality, look, or anything?

And, when you say Tiya, do you mean Sabine? As Tiya Sircar is her voice actor.

Felt the exact same way about the Inquisitor. Kept hoping he'd show up, in the 40+minutes, and that most of what I'd seen was the first episode, while the rest would be the second, with loads, or some, of him. At least we got that cameo. Didn't expect there to be a conversation between him and Kallus, but then again, the Agent is his second.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I don't like about Chopper. His voice is terrible.
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The showrunners have said that they don't want to overuse the Inquisitor (and thus take away a lot of his menace). He'll only show up at certain points, but when he does it'll be a big deal.
    Well I guess that makes sense. Have you ever had a shiny new toy that you wanted to play with often, but it was limited by you're parents. That's how I feel about the Inquisitor.
    ... how about you?

Incredible Member

I was also much more brutal than I thought that Disney XD would let them get away with.
    I was thinking the same thing. However, I'm glad the "good guys" aren't pulling any punches.

Is the Inquisitor someone created for the show or has he popped up in other media. Also, is he a Sith? If so, doesn't that violate there can only be two Sith rule?

Ultimate Member

This specific character is new. However, there have been other Inquisitor-like characters in other SW media. Also, the showrunners have confirmed that the Inquisitor is NOT a Sith. He might be a Force-user, but he's not a Sith. Sort of like in TCW where Ventress was a Force-user, but not a Sith.

This specific character is new. However, there have been other Inquisitor-like characters in other SW media. Also, the showrunners have confirmed that the Inquisitor is NOT a Sith. He might be a Force-user, but he's not a Sith. Sort of like in TCW where Ventress was a Force-user, but not a Sith.
    Or, like with Grievous. A wielder of lightsabers, but not actually a Sith himself, thus not violating the Rule of Two. Although, I'm not sure where Ventress came in then, as, even though you say she's not a Sith, she was still one's Apprentice. Uses the Force, as you say. Used a lightsaber. Apprenticed to Dooku, or Darth Tyrannus. So, maybe...

Besides, unless Palpatine was merely tolerating her and using her, then why was she okay, was later on, a double up come Season 5 really wasn't? Or was that yet again, simply an obstacle in his way, that he had to remove, or use one for later? I just don't know.

Don't want to go into detail for those don't know about the BIG TCW development in Season 3/4.

And, to maczero, I was actually shocked by that. Was like '...Are Kanan and co actually killing people...and in numbers?!' Just didn't expect that, really. And my Dad was surprised by Kallus kicking down the trooper that asked him 'Is that the first time you've seen a Jedi, sir?'

To be fair, it's not graphic, but still...

Not a Clone Wars decapitation by any length.

Ultimate Member

Ventress was often referred to as Dooku's "assassin." So he may have been teaching her about the Force, but not necessarily to be a Sith. Besides, the rule of two was always more of a guideline that was ignored whenever a Sith found it convenient to do so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Probably to make sure that the curse don't continue.

Incredible Member

Ventress was often referred to as Dooku's "assassin." So he may have been teaching her about the Force, but not necessarily to be a Sith. Besides, the rule of two was always more of a guideline that was ignored whenever a Sith found it convenient to do so.
    Now that I think about it Mara Jade (Luke's wife) was also trained to use the force by Palpatine while Darth Vader was his apprentice so it seems it's a rule they ignore when it's convenient.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Now that I think about it Mara Jade (Luke's wife) was also trained to use the force by Palpatine while Darth Vader was his apprentice so it seems it's a rule they ignore when it's convenient.
    That's from the EU, though, which is no longer canon.