Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I think their confrontation is inevitable. Obi-Wan and Yoda must be absolutely convinced that Luke will have a zero chance of succeeding to turn Anakin back to the light side...as well as Vader sharing the exact same sentiment when Luke tells him that he senses the good/conflict in him: "It is too late for me now, son" and "Obi-Wan once thought as you do. I MUST obey my master".

If there was anyone that could get through to Anakin besides Padme and the twins, it'd be Ahsoka. She knew Padme was pregnant. I'm pretty confident that she could infer that Vader=Anakin. I would think that the Rebellion and Ahsoka confronting Vader would be Obi-Wan and Yoda's main plan knowing Anakin's "weakness" to loved ones in danger. Obi-Wan at the end of RotS still feels remorse, blame and sympathy towards Anakin yet ANH Obi-Wan is all whatevs and absolutely convinced without a doubt that Vader cannot be turned back.

I feel as if something has to happen that echoes Luke vs Vader in RotJ, except instead of where Luke succeeds, Ahsoka fails. Emperor force lightning her as Vader looks back and forth between them, same as Luke...this would add more to Luke's success because Vader would have experienced this scenario before and this time thinking "Nope, not this time, Sheev, eff this." Palps knows she's a true-believer unlike untrained and maleable Luke, especially during and after the events of her framing and trial, so there'd be none of that nonsense of Vader suggesting/begging to try and turn her to the dark side to spare her life.

I also think the Ahsoka vs Vader scene is necessary to BEGIN Vader's journey back towards the light side. Fifteen+ years have gone by with Vader thinking he's lost Padme and has gotten stuck in his life-support suit, and therefore has nothing left in the world to care about so he might as well just be the Emperor's puppet, give himself completely over to the dark side and not think about it since it probably helps him dull the pain and loss. Ahsoka's reappearance to him would serve to remind him of who he was, what he accomplished before - she's the personification and culmination of everything Anakin accomplished that is good. Luke wasn't the impetus for these kinds of thoughts - we definitely didn't get that vibe as they're walking down that tunnel in RotJ chitchatting. Re: "I sense the good in you" Clearly, Vader had been having these thoughts for quite some time; he just felt powerless to go up against the Emperor. Ahsoka's return and death would both fuel Vader's reminiscing of the good ol' days so-to-speak as well as absolute fear of what the Emperor would do to Luke if he didn't continue to fall in line.

As for Fulcrum = Ahsoka. The best clue was the episode with those parcels where Fulcrum said she'd mark them with her symbol. The symbol resembled Ahsoka's forehead tattoo/symbol thing.

Another benefit to Ahsoka being Fulcrum and part of the Rebel Alliance: She can serve to solve the problem of why Luke got a Jedi Master to look after him while only public figure Bail Organa got to look after Leia instead of Yoda. Yes mainly, Yoda needed to train on Dagobah, hide his presence in the Force and whatever else, but seems a little too unbalanced and unfair that there's no qualified bodyguard/protector for one child but there is for the other. It'd be pretty clean for Obi-Wan and Yoda (or just Yoda) to seek out Ahsoka, explain what happened and for her to without hesitation volunteer to look over Leia from a distance. Remember, she's already aware that Padme was pregnant when she left the Jedi Order. When everything went down in RotS, she would naturally figure out better than most that Vader=Anakin, be motivated to be proactive (Rebellion, save him, whatever else) and put two and two together and wonder: "What about Anakin's child?"
    Last edited by Tandaemonium; 03-03-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 13 "Fire Across the Galaxy" Fantastic season finale! Ezra and Kanan's duel against the Inquisitor was epic and very reminiscence of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn battle against Darth Maul. I hope the Inquisitor survived but I don't see how. I like that they were able to use the stolen TIE fighter from earlier in the season again. Finally getting a glimpse at the Rebel Alliance was awesome. Great to see Bail Organa show up again. The reveal that Fulcrum is Ahsoka was pretty cool and essentially makes Clone Wars cannon under Disney. I punched the air and yelled hell yeah when Darth Vader showed up at the end. I seriously can't wait to see season 2.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    Episode 13 "Fire Across the Galaxy" Fantastic season finale! Ezra and Kanan's duel against the Inquisitor was epic and very reminiscence of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn battle against Darth Maul. I hope the Inquisitor survived but I don't see how. I like that they were able to use the stolen TIE fighter from earlier in the season again. Finally getting a glimpse at the Rebel Alliance was awesome. Great to see Bail Organa show up again. The reveal that Fulcrum is Ahsoka was pretty cool and essentially makes Clone Wars cannon under Disney. I punched the air and yelled hell yeah when Darth Vader showed up at the end. I seriously can't wait to see season 2.
    They new hierarchy, I believe, retains the on-screen stuff as main cannon. I think before it was Films first then television shows then it shoots into all kinds of directions from there. The current rule is that both films and TCW/Rebels count equally now as absolute canon. Everything else is Legends unless stated otherwise and everything published after a certain point (not sure if this point in time has passed yet) is also canon: books, comics, games, etc.

BANNED

Great finale. This series is getting better every episode.

BANNED

I'd like a Vader vs Ahsoka confrontation.... so long as she lives.

I still need closure for Rex. :/

The final episode was incredible. In this episode have incredible action,space battle vs TIE fighters. In my opinion the season one is amazing,i will wait season 2.

This is most incredible scene from the final episode.
    Cyclops: Teleporter to maximum, Mr. Wagner.
    Nightcrawler: Aye, Captain!
    Cyclops: Engage.

Some theories on Inquisitor origins and connection to The Clone Wars:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebe...in-darth-maul/

Finally saw it great episode, ashoka's return plus Darth Vader- hope James Earl Jones voices him in season two. The inquisitor fight is one of the best fights I've seen in a cartoon in a long time, well done Disney.

It was an awesome episode, but it made me wish that if watched clone wars so that the girl's appearance would've had more of an impact for me.
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

Rebels High Commander Dave Filoni on Season 2, and Darth Vaders' role:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebe...-vader-ahsoka/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Finally saw it great episode
    Same. Eh, better late than never as they say.

Actually i watched all the first season and if i didn't find it at good as the clone wars it's a pretty decent start anyway.

I love the thematic. A group of people fighting totalitarism? It always works for me. Plus they have Aladdin with them, how cool is that?

Shame though that obviously they just can't write anything Star Wars without a Jedi in it, but well, watcha gonna do? And Ahsoka is back!! Made my day. Even if for a group of people who's supposed to be extinct there is quite of them Jedis around lol.

The cells thing is a very good idea. It shows that there is groups of rebels a bit everywhere and that they are part of something greater. And most importantly that, as i was afraid for a bit, that it's not them for started the whole thing.

So much possibilities for season 2, i can't wait. Good stuff.

Mighty Member

New trailer for season two is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The new season looks pretty damn good. Love seeing the clone troopers again.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    New trailer for season two is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A
    Sweet!

Do we have a release date yet?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

It looks so awesome! I still am looking forward to this more than the movie.

And yay! Two of my favorite Clone Wars characters are here now, Ahsoka and Rex. I KNEW he wouldn't have went the 66 route.
    But is Hondu really in this? I saw people mentioning him and looked but couldn't see him? He was awesome.