Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thrawn and Maul in the same season sounds awesome. Hopefully they get more screentime than Vader and the Grand Inquisitor did.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Not only are we getting Thrawn in Rebels they are also doing a Thrawn novel set in new cannon being written by Timothy Zahn himself.

Was that the Outrider I saw?

Thrawn back in canon, eh? I know a ton of EU fans who'd pass out if Rebels or a book returned a certain redhead to canon too.

I'm not saying I think it'll happen, but if they're finding a way of bringing in Zahn's second-best creation to canon, why not his best.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Season 3 just got a whole lot more exciting.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Thrawn back in canon, eh? I know a ton of EU fans who'd pass out if Rebels or a book returned a certain redhead to canon too.

I'm not saying I think it'll happen, but if they're finding a way of bringing in Zahn's second-best creation to canon, why not his best.
    I don't see why they can't bring her back. Worst case, they just have to jettison the romance with Luke. Which is fine. She doesn't have to be defined by a relationship to a guy. Just bring her in and make her awesome and people will love her all over again. If there's a way to get her and Luke together somehow? Cool. If not, then just giving the audience another awesome Star Wars lady to admire will still go over quite well.

Mara's an awesome character. She has a lot more to offer than just falling in love with Luke and marrying him.

Personally, I think Thrawn's arrival here is a sign that Disney has concluded looking over the past EU stuff and is beginning to make decisions about what parts of it can be incorporated into their vision for Star Wars. They knew from the start that wiping out the old EU would not please a lot of fans, so I think they always had it in their mind to eventually bring back at least some of it. Season 3 is bringing in Thrawn AND Wedge Antilles. Two beloved EU characters (yes, Wedge was technically in the first trilogy. We all know he didn't really do much. The EU is where he really got to shine as a character.) I think this is just the beginning for returning EU characters.

I, for one, am holding out hope that Disney will decide to bring the Rogue Squadron books to life. Those were some of my favorite books of the old EU, and I'd love to see them come back. I'll take 'em as another animated series, a live-action movie, or just about any other form of media.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 07-17-2016 at 05:19 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I think a character like her could fit nicely into Rebels. She was always around Luke's age if I remember right so she would be around 14 during the events of Rebels if she were integrated with a similar origin as her legacy one. Not too young to be shown as a pupil of Sidious.

But again, all idle speculation just off the surprise of seeing Thrawn. Just as possible its not in the cards and I wouldn't be devastated; I'm a big fan of hers but I'm not an EU purist and don't outright expect a bunch of concessions. But if it could be done in fitting fashion, I'd be for it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    Filoni was asked if we'd see Mara Jade on the show. And his answer was "not likely."
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    They couldn't handle Tarkin.

Thrawn is going to have a field day with these guys
    spoilers:
    They also brought in Timothy Zahn himself to consult, and he's writing a new Thrawn novel (coming out next spring I believe). So yeah, I'm optimistic.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

Looking forward to more Maul and the introduction of spoilers:
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    end of spoilers

I'm wondering how this will tie to Rogue One, considering the movie's writer also did a couple of episodes.
    Can't wait for this show to come back! It definitely took an ominous turn towards the end of the last season. I get the sense that the show is attempting to make Ezra's journey distinct from Luke and Anakin Skywalker. He starts so young and innocent. Then, he becomes corrupt. However, he isn't quite on the same level as Vader just yet. So perhaps this season will be about him resisting the pull of the Dark Side. Should make for some great moments. Hope it means we see more of Darth Maul as well.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Did anyone else see the Darth Mual trailer? That looks even more intense!!! Wow I can't wait until season 3.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Mighty Member

Apparently someone pitched the voice of the new Fulcrum. spoilers:
    It's Agent Kallus.
    end of spoilers
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

That reveal was amazing, the thought of who it might be didn't dawn until about half way before the reveal, then the wouldn't it be cool thought, only for the reveal, my jaw fell open, bravo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Apparently someone pitched the voice of the new Fulcrum. spoilers:
    It's Agent Kallus.
    end of spoilers
    I had that thought immediately upon seeing the trailer as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    spoilers:
    Filoni was asked if we'd see Mara Jade on the show. And his answer was "not likely."
    end of spoilers
    Which would make sense. Character works more if reintroduced post ROTJ. Plus 30 years is pretty much about the time most of the entire old EU took place. Thus plenty of time for that character to get adapted and perhaps have the same type of purpose.

THRAWN BACK!!! I knew they couldn't keep him out for long. It would be just to much of a missed opportunity to not bring him back. I actually had my own little internal fanfiction a few years ago that had Thrawn introduced in a season 3 of Rebels. Mine however was him being a retired Republic Admiral, now Imperial Senator, who comes out of retirement to take on the Yuuzhan Vong. He would have defeated them, and eventually joined the Rebellion, only to be killed by Tarkin much like he died in the books. Oh, and he and Mon Mothma would have had a thing. Pellaeon, Baron Fel, General Rikan, and General Veers would all have been under his command.

This works just as well though.