Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I have no problem with the duel itself, but the episode just wasn't very good before Obi Wan showed up.

This I would absolutely agree with, however. I've never been the biggest fan of Ezra, and his journey through the desert was dull. The resolution to the episode on that front was cliche and expected.

Really, without the Obi-Wan bit, this episode was probably among the weakest of the season thus far. But I loved the Obi-Wan bit so much that I'll take the bad with the good.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Another great season finale. Thrawn finally showed what a tactical genius he is in this episode. His plan worked perfect up until that idiot Captain disobeyed him which allowed Ezra to go for help. There is no way he could have factored in something like the Bendu though. But before that he had won pretty handly. Without the Bendu interfering he would have captured them all.

Mighty Member

I'd been wondering all season how the creatives would handle Thrawn's end game. He can't really win, because that would end the show. But if he loses stupid, it makes him look like a chump. And Thrawn is no chump.

This was a happy medium, I think. Thrawn gets to remain a beast, who would have won an almost absolute victory if not for Konstantin. And yet our heroes get to live to fight another day as well. A pretty solid showing by both teams, actually. I wonder if we'll get more Thrawn next season, or if they'll intro some other villain to replace him, a la Vader in S2?

BANNED

Meh still not impressed by Thrawn.

Also they need to kill some Rebels.

They have gone against Darth Vader and Grand Admiral Thrawn and our main cast has lost no one? During the Dark Times?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With it looking like next season could be the last I think we are going to see a few deaths. I don't think Kannan, Ezra, and Zeb make it out it out alive. We know Chopper and Hera make it because of Rogue One, but the others are probably going out in a blaze of glory.

Season 4 preview, and it's been officially confirmed to be the last season

I honestly don't mind if characters don't make it but dear God do I want Thrawn to survive.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

[QUOTE=Hiromi;2751600]Season 4 preview, and it's been officially confirmed to be the last season
    [video=youtube;

Thanks for showing that. Although I would be fine with loosing characters like Chopper and Hera (even though it obviously won't happen due to Rogue One as mentioned), I really don't want them to kill of Zeb, Ezra, Kannan and Sabine. I love those four and I feel like it would be a huge loss for the franchise. However I do agree that Thrawn must survive the series. The character deserves to be an antagonist in a future SW movie. He deserves it more then anyone since he's practically the only character from the Expanded universe to make it over to cannon. That speaks volumes for him.
    I'm also curious to know what will come after Rebel's once the series ends. When USM ended Disney immediately announced a new series this year. So I hope we get something soon after that.

PS- Has anyone else read the Thrawn origin book that came out last week. I'm only three chapters in and it seems really epic, despite Thrawn story being told from another character's perspective.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

I just finished the book today, was very satisfied with it.

Mighty Member

I think Kanan has to die. You could probably spare Ezra, traumatize him so much that he gives up the Force and walks away from the Rebellion or somesuch. But Kanan is too much a Jedi. And if he's not dead, then him not interacting with Luke after Yavin makes no sense at all. Especially as he should have heard of Anakin Skywalker and recognize the name.

My preference would be to kill both Kanan and Ezra. Something suitably heroic, of course. But the OT relies too heavily on Luke being unique for any other Jedi to be involved with the Rebel Alliance once he comes on the scene. It would seriously undermine the larger narrative. Same goes for Ahsoka, though they already blew their chance to end her story with Vader, as they should have.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm not sure if they have the balls to kill off both Ezra and Kanan, but I definitely think Kanan is going to die.