Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    That's from the EU, though, which is no longer canon.
    Still, even if the example is no longer canon, its' relevant for what could happen again. If in one Expanded Universe, we once got Palpatine having two apprentices, or Vader being apprentice and master, then maybe, in the Third EU, films and all, it could happen again and be canon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    That's from the EU, though, which is no longer canon.
    Why is it no longer canon? Because of the new films?

Just did a little bit of research. It looks like the powers that be will mine the expanded universe for ideas so it's likely that some of those stories will still be canon. And I haven't found anything that Mara Jade doesn't exist in the movie universe.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Why is it no longer canon? Because of the new films?

Just did a little bit of research. It looks like the powers that be will mine the expanded universe for ideas so it's likely that some of those stories will still be canon. And I haven't found anything that Mara Jade doesn't exist in the movie universe.
    Indeed. I mean, for now, no, but maybe one of the actors cast we think we know will be playing someone is actually Mara Jade. Don't know yet. Ony returners we KNOW, others are all 'Probably' 'Maybe' and 'I don't know' I think.

Would anyone like Jason Isaacs to reprise his role as the Inquisitor in the new trilogy? I mean, he's shown himself well physically in at least the Harry Potter films, if not more and vocally, has already played the role, so could be done up to reprise. Maybe a wait and see one, really, and could be like Vader and Maul, where it was one voice and one body, two different actors.

Now that I think about it Mara Jade (Luke's wife) was also trained to use the force by Palpatine while Darth Vader was his apprentice so it seems it's a rule they ignore when it's convenient.
    I'm rusty on my SW EU knowledge, but wasn't Mara Jade created before the "Rule of Two" was worked into continuity?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    I'm rusty on my SW EU knowledge, but wasn't Mara Jade created before the "Rule of Two" was worked into continuity?
    That's probably true but what are you gonna do. I'd just like to believe Palpatine didn't care that much about the rule and always liked having a back-up for his apprentices.

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

If you can't watch Disney XD's website, the next episode

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-seaso...45?i=922684485

"Droids in Distress" (third episode) is free on Apple iTunes.
    Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 10-06-2014 at 03:05 PM.

That's probably true but what are you gonna do. I'd just like to believe Palpatine didn't care that much about the rule and always liked having a back-up for his apprentices.
    ... Or backups for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
    If you can't watch Disney XD's website, the next episode

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-seaso...45?i=922684485

"Droids in Distress" (third episode) is free on Apple iTunes.
    Thank you very much, Magnar. Great news, really appreciated.

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Deadline - ‘Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion’ To Air On ABC — With A Dark Side

The hourlong animated movie that launched the Star Wars Rebels series last week is set to air on ABC at 7 PM October 26 — and it will include an evil visitor with a chillingly familiar voice. Darth Vader himself will have a cameo during an added scene in Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion. His voice will be supplied by James Earl Jones, whose menacing pipes rattled so many enemies — and colleagues — in the original Star Wars trilogy.
    http://deadline.com/2014/10/star-war...-jones-848537/

Quote Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
    I think this is brilliant news, though I wonder if this is a live action scene, or animated?

And, wonderful especially that JEJ gets another go at the role, though I wish Matt Lanter, Anakin in TCW, show and film, could transition, finally, from that to Darth Vader and see what he's like.

So, has anyone else seen Droids In Distress as of yet, or waiting for it to air sometime tommorrow?

Thought it was fun, and better in sync, if you understand me.

And, some very fun, albeit unexpected, appearances from two characters who've been in much of every Star Wars film, with one actor in much of every production with the character.

Some voices I think I recognized from The Clone Wars, though of course as new characters. Not anyone BIG, like Ashley Eckstein, Corey Burton, or anyone, though.

Some good moments from that shining dark star, Agent Kallus, though Inquisitor didn't seem to appear. Nice moments with Zeb and Ezra, with especially, surprisingly emotional - got to me in the eyes and all - ones with the grey, grisly bruiser.

And, nice appearance at the end from someone many of us will know well from both the Prequel Trilogy and The Clone Wars, though I THINK it's a different voice actor, though correct me if I'm wrong.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I have and it was a good episode. Not great, but good.

Zeb's character really stood out when he had a personal problem from the past to deal with. I loved the fight between Zeb and Agent Kallus. Especially when he told Zeb that he lead the charge on killing his people.

BTW, I'm loving the fact that STR continues to bring in some classic voice actors to reprise their original roles for this show.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Indeed. I mean, for now, no, but maybe one of the actors cast we think we know will be playing someone is actually Mara Jade. Don't know yet. Ony returners we KNOW, others are all 'Probably' 'Maybe' and 'I don't know' I think.

Would anyone like Jason Isaacs to reprise his role as the Inquisitor in the new trilogy? I mean, he's shown himself well physically in at least the Harry Potter films, if not more and vocally, has already played the role, so could be done up to reprise. Maybe a wait and see one, really, and could be like Vader and Maul, where it was one voice and one body, two different actors.
    I would love that. Now that you mention it, a part of me was wondering why they didn't save the Inquisitor to be an Antagonist in the New Trilogy in the first place. Because I feel like SW should always have a great antagonist to do bad-ass things in a movie/ tv show. I mean know that SW never really had any problems with creating new and exciting villains, but I hope we get the next big thing from it.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Very glad to hear your thoughts, Batman#22. I heard a rumour about a group of Inquisitors in VII, or the Sequel Trilogy, but we will see.

Would just love that myself, an animated character making the transition to live action, like live action ones like Aurra Sing, or Darth Maul did. See is Issacs is let do both, unblike Jones, Prowse, orr Park, for Vader and Maul respectively.

Fairly enjoyable episode indeed, and if they can keep up these character episodes and emotion, I'll be saddened and gladdened.

What'd everyone else think of the episode, the first to air regularly and the latest - Droids In Distress?

Mighty Member

I ended up seeing "Fighter Flight" in advance due to the Disney XD app. It was alright, but easily the weakest of all the ones we've seen so far.

The next episode should be a big game-changer, though. Really looking forward to it.