Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I usually give a new show about three or four episodes before I commit to watching it every week. And after three or for episodes of Star Wars Rebels, I think it's safe to conclude that this show hits all the right notes. These new characters, along with a compelling setup, really makes this the kind of Star War show that I was hoping it would be. It has a lot of the same spirit as the original trilogy. It's taking the long road in the sense that ever episode isn't self contained. There's a sense of progression with the characters and the story and I think that will help make this show successful. I know it's just the first season, but so far the Force is definitely with this show.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

Thankfully, the writers are writing in humour without going to the well of stale and overused lines that were old in ROTJ. Seriously, if I have to hear "I have a bad feeling about this" one more time, Ima start beating everyone at Lucasarts with Jar Jar Binks' mangled corpse.

As it is, the show is off to a good start. The Inquisitor definately has one of the best Star Wars entrances since Darth Vader walked onto the Tantive IV and chocked Captain Antilles. I believe he's going to be one of Star Wars' best villains to date.

It's also so much fun seeing stormtroopers get shot and tie fighters getting blown up again. The main cast hasn't really grown on me yet character wise, but they are fun to watch in action. I know it's Ezra's story, but I kind of wish the focus was more on Kanan and Hera. As it is, I'm sure that all of the crew will get plenty of story.

It has lots of promise. I hope the creators manage to fulfill it.

Ultimate Member

I want to see more with Sabine. She's the character who's been in the background/underused the most, and she's my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I want to see more with Sabine. She's the character who's been in the background/underused the most, and she's my favorite.
    Any characters in The Clone Wars, PT, or OT you'd liken her to?

For me, gives off a bit of an Ahsoka Tano vibe, something about them, you know.

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Well, what do ya know, background girl Sabine is the star of this new episode of Rebels "Out of Darkness" with Hera playing the mentor figure.

So far I've only seen three episodes but the one that struck me the most was "Rise of the Old Masters" because it really sank it's teeth deep showing that this show has great potential and it also seemed to give a hint through the creepy feature of Barriss Offee that an appearance from Ahsoka Tano could actually happen. I like the relationship between Kanaan and Ezra and Garazeb or Zeb is the definitive Daryl Dixon of the show; he's got edge with rough and tumble but he also has heart and soul. Hera is nice too but the Inquisitor certainly stole the show as the BADDEST villain since Darth Maul and Darth Vader made their bombastic entries.

Rebels is a nice and solid bridge between the prequels but it clearly has the tonality of "Empire Strikes Back" and it feels authentically "Classic Trilogy" but it certainly isn't afraid to go to dank and grim places which is good because I want Rebels to have more gloomy/action/mythic based episodes like "The Clone Wars" did (i.e. Ghosts of Mortis) or at least been cool like Legend of Korra which is a very TV-PG-V feeling show.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
    Well, what do ya know, background girl Sabine is the star of this new episode of Rebels "Out of Darkness" with Hera playing the mentor figure.
    As always, for poor Hera. But yeah, be a nice change of pace. Like one centred around Kanan, myself, for a change, as most I've seen mostly focus on the dynamic, or issues, between Zed and Ezra, so Sabine as centre, or teaming of Sabine and Hera, should be good.

How do you feel about that, Magnar?

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    As always, for poor Hera. But yeah, be a nice change of pace. Like one centred around Kanan, myself, for a change, as most I've seen mostly focus on the dynamic, or issues, between Zed and Ezra, so Sabine as centre, or teaming of Sabine and Hera, should be good.

How do you feel about that, Magnar?
    It was a better episode than Fighter Flight, I'll say that.

Ultimate Member

So Kanan and Hera, that sounding a lot like flirting you to. And Sabine being an spoilers:
    ex-Imperial Academy student
    end of spoilers is interesting. It makes me wonder what happened to her to make her change so much. Now I REALLY want them to delve into her backstory more.

I don't know if you guys have seen this yet but here is a link to clips from the upcoming "Rebels" episode "Out of Darkness" in which there seems to be some sort of 'trust' friction between Sabine and Hera.
    http://nerdreactor.com/2014/11/04/tw...t-of-darkness/

Cant wait to see Ahsoka...

Mighty Member

Really can't wait for "Empire Day" next week. That seems like it'll be a big one.

Also, spoilers:
    who do you guy think is Fulcrum?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Its good to see that the stormtroopers are still consistently the worst shots in the galaxy. Seriously I think to be a stormtrooper you have to demonstrate that you are completely incompetent and have no idea how to shoot. Either that or they hire blind people to be stormtroopers.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 4 "Breaking Ranks" was decent and I like seeing Storm Troopers train that aren't clones.

Episode 5 "Out of Darkness" was pretty good. Nice to see an episode focus on Sabine and Hera.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Episode 4 "Breaking Ranks" was decent and I like seeing Storm Troopers train that aren't clones.
    This was a really good episode. It sets up some things quite nicely, like bringing in a potential new ally and shining a light on some of the Inquisitor's activities. Oh and that space explosion was quite spectacular.

Episode 5 "Out of Darkness" was pretty good. Nice to see an episode focus on Sabine and Hera.
    I was really underwhelmed by this episode. It all stems from the fact that I can't believe anyone, much less a couple of women whom seem to know better, would just take the word of 3 goofballs like Zeb, Ezra, and Chopper without verfiying they actually completed the work.

It takes, what, 2 seconds to look at a diagnostic screen and read "All Clear" or "Problem Detected"? What hot shot pilot takes out a fighter without going over it herself when she has the time to check things out first? So much for Hera being the smart one.

Beyond that, it's pretty much Sabine complaining that she is being kept in the dark, Hera saying everything's going to plan and not to worry while her mysterious source seems to know who Sabine is, and the two fending off space bat wolves until help comes. Bad and boring, not a good combo. I'm leaning towards this one being worse than "Fighter Flight".