Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

I like this show!

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    I like this show!
    I'm glad to hear that, PennyD.

What in particular would you like?

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

I saw the latest episode "Gathering Forces" on WatchDisneyXD.com. It's very much the continuation of the story left off from "Empire Day". It was pretty good, but didn't quite reach the heights of some of the other A-tier (best of) episodes for me. It also sort of retreads old ground in more ways than one.

A-Tier -> Spark of Rebellion, Rise of the Old Masters, Breaking Ranks, Empire Day
    B-Tier -> Droids In Distress, Out of Darkness, Gathering Forces
    C-Tier -> Fighter Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I'm glad to hear that, PennyD.

What in particular would you like?
    What I would like to see is Ezra build his lightsaber, with the help of the gang. Could be a really fun episode.

What I would like to see is Ezra build his lightsaber, with the help of the gang. Could be a really fun episode.
    Ah yeah, that could be good. Kanan'd probably insist on training with his first, before moving onto something like that, but yeah, could tell a lot about Ezra, good comedy, an adventure and all that.

Like knowing that episodes I've yet to watch are such quality, for you, Magnar. Watched up to the end of Rise Of The Old Masters, yet to watch the others.

Mighty Member

"Empire Day" was a great episode. Like "Old Masters" before it, it gives more direction to the plot and has our heroes facing off far deadlier threats than the bumbling Stormtroopers. Like the focus on Ezra's past, and it was great to see the self-congratulatory ceremonies featuring every Imperial character we've met so far.

"Gathering Forces" was an improvement on part one. spoilers:
    Liked seeing all the callbacks to the previous episodes, and the heroes defeated the Inquisitor in a fairly believable manner. The best part of the episode is Ezra's summoning of the monster and vulnerability to the Dark Side.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 7 "Gathering Forces" was pretty good. Cibo seems like a good addition to the cast and I'm really starting to like The Inquisitor as the series villain. Ezra controlling the giant monster was awesome.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

First batch of full episodes of Rebels are up now on StarWars.com for viewing:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels

Wouldn't Ezra expression of the Force be ringing bells in every force sensitive being?

Very 'East London'ish accent for one of those Imperial fellas training the cadets, in Breaking Ranks.

Nice scenes with the Inquisitor. Seemed to tower over your man at the end. Grey skin, yellow eyes, BRITISH ACCENT, black suit. Ahh, woulda been some scared.

Wonder what's going to happen with that fella at the end now? Is he back in the episodes that've aired recently, or yet to come? Will things work out for him, or end up worse, for him, or Ezra and the Ghost crew?

Very videogame training, I must say. One block pops out, jump onto another, shortly before it appears. Could drop, or keep going. Get to the top. Good it was.

And I distinctly notice one of the trainers noting he was TOO good, ol' Ez. My Dad was left wondering, how could you be TOO good? Surely you'd WANT someone to be their peak, or beyond, for work?

I understand, could shine up and above bigger people, like Inquisitor, Vader, Sidious, all that, and wouldn't be viewed as good, especially with the Rule Of Two supposedly in effect still, and not supposedly, by them, being Force capable.

Ultimately, it was probably suspicion and concern that only a Jedi could be that good, and probably had to watch out for that, and make sure they didn't, indeed, return.

Kanans' concern was adorable, even if he WAS trying to hide it. Nice saves by people like Sabine and Zeb.

Wondered, when that little ship detaches from the Ghost, how can Kanan or Hera be sure the rest won't be destroyed, locked down, or stolen? Be a sorry thing to come back to, for sure.

Am I correct in saying Dante 'Zuko' Basco was in the episode, as a fellow cadet?

And, does anyone think these were mostly clones, or just people?

There was a rumour that there was a rumour, but that was just BS.

Some little rumour that may have a place in reality, or perhaps not.

On possibility of a new Star Wars animated series, after Rebels, and before Episode VIII.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-anim...ies-2017-2018/

Episode 8 entitled Path of the Jedi.

Episode 9 entitled Idiot's Array.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebels

Frank Oz to voice Yoda in Rebels:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Yoda-Ret...l-1090906.aspx

New Star Wars: Rebels clip, of Yoda contacting Kanan, up now:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebe...falcon-images/

So Ezra Lightsaber has a blaster config?

So Ezra Lightsaber has a blaster config?
    What's that?

And, is that from the latest episode, Path Of The Jedi, or the above clip with Yoda?