Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Loki: Agent of Asgard, #6

The MARCH to AXIS continues!
    • Loki's back from the Tenth Realm - and facing his greatest challenge yet! Can you say... DOCTOR DOOM?
    • But with Valeria Richards in the mix - who's the hero of the story? And who's the villain?
    • A new jumping-on point for the series fans literally can't get enough of! Grab it while stocks last, true believer!
    • And looming in the wings: AXIS!

Full article here.

I like the construction worker complaining about Doom, it's funny to see someone who doesn't completely love Doom who is living in his country. I also can't wait to see how Doom takes on (young) Loki and how this all ties into Axis, should be fun.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Very intriguing. On the one hand, Loki is taunting Doom, goading him into action, but on the other hand, there's this skull thing, which is presumably under Loki's control, that is WARNING Doom of things presumably to do with Axis, and 'Ego Death' which definitely fits with the inversion. And then... bugs. creepy. It's like a dream. I don't think Future Loki wants to ensure this future happens at all. Or rather, he might in that is how he is written, but the REAL future Loki does not, and is trying to push his younger self in the right direction sooner rather than later in an attempt to prevent it. I know, it's all very confusing, but it makes sense if you think about it. Especially if you consider events in Journey into Mystery, and specifically what he did to stop Cul, inserting a version of Leah into the past by writing it into Cul's story. That is all King Loki is, I am sure of it. When I first saw the solicits for the issue mention that Doom met Loki in the future, i was a little worried it may contradict this little theory I've had brewing in my head, but nope, perfectly consistent. The dream like imagery and sheer overwhelming coincidence of it all just reinforces that. I mean, there are THOUSANDS of years and the entire planet to work with, but Doom and Loki both pick the exact same moment and place to visit? come on. It only works if the REAL future Loki is somewhere even further in the future scribbling away, adding this encounter to some mention of Doom visiting the future.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-18-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Niffleheim

I loved Future Loki's screams and anger after Odin told all his children that he loved them lol! I really want to really pick this up but I have to ask if this book has any tie-ins with the Avengers?
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-18-2014 at 07:09 PM.

no, the only book it kinda has ties with is Thor: God of Thunder, in that King Loki and King Thor both appear to come from the same dystopian future, but those ties are currently pretty loose. It looks as though they may get a bit tighter with the new Thor book. And I have a hunch Loki may be joining the Avengers after Axis, but that's just speculation on my part, it may not happen.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-18-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I like the construction worker complaining about Doom, it's funny to see someone who doesn't completely love Doom who is living in his country. I also can't wait to see how Doom takes on (young) Loki and how this all ties into Axis, should be fun.
    It's what would really happen. I mean, poor Doom can't be everywhere. And I imagine Doom is going to be horrified of seeing AoA Loki LOL He really didn't like those bugs, did he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Very intriguing. On the one hand, Loki is taunting Doom, goading him into action, but on the other hand, there's this skull thing, which is presumably under Loki's control, that is WARNING Doom of things presumably to do with Axis, and 'Ego Death' which definitely fits with the inversion. And then... bugs. creepy. It's like a dream. I don't think Future Loki wants to ensure this future happens at all. Or rather, he might in that is how he is written, but the REAL future Loki does not, and is trying to push his younger self in the right direction sooner rather than later in an attempt to prevent it. I know, it's all very confusing, but it makes sense if you think about it. Especially if you consider events in Journey into Mystery, and specifically what he did to stop Cul, inserting a version of Leah into the past by writing it into Cul's story. That is all King Loki is, I am sure of it. When I first saw the solicits for the issue mention that Doom met Loki in the future, i was a little worried it may contradict this little theory I've had brewing in my head, but nope, perfectly consistent. The dream like imagery and sheer overwhelming coincidence of it all just reinforces that. I mean, there are THOUSANDS of years and the entire planet to work with, but Doom and Loki both pick the exact same moment and place to visit? come on. It only works if the REAL future Loki is somewhere even further in the future scribbling away, adding this encounter to some mention of Doom visiting the future.
    It does seem just too perfect that King Loki would even exist, doesn't it? And why? Why would he want to ensure that desolate waste land? There's nothing there. That's chaos, but not the kind of chaos Loki is god of. I think he wants to avoid it, but he doesn't want to admit that he caused it in the first place, so he's being a dick about it all.

This looks EPIC!!! Cannot wait. So happy to be back, free of the tie-in (though I hope it boosts numbers).

Astonishing Member

I tried following original Sins but it was just so limp I couldn't do it.

Happy to see us back in fertile ground; and that art is fantastic.

One of my favorite Marvel titles going right now, without a doubt.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Interesting artist. It almost reminds me of Jae Lee's work on FF 1234.

I've been looking forward to this for some time, not that 10th realm was bad. It just wasn't Loki centric. And it didn't have Doom.

So this happens after a FF Annual that is scheduled in October. Not cool for those who planed to read both.

Also, Doom, you idiot, those are scarabs. Think for a minute about that. You have enough magical/mythical background that you should be able to figure this out.