Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Guess what? Silver Age teen Luthor had a dog! Named...Destructo!

So, on the KRYPTO THE SUPERDOG cartoon back in the '00s, Lex Luthor had a pet iguana named Ignatius.

A decade later, on SUPERGIRL, Jon Cryer's Lex references his beloved pet dog named Ignatius.

Now THAT's a deep cut.

Personally, I'd want Luthor to have tried to save his dying pet Ignatius by putting Ignatius' brain in the body of a genetically modified lion.

Basically, I want to see Krypto fight a super-lion loyal to Luthor.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Okay, serious question. How do you blokes and lassies feel about Lex Luthor's Warsuit? And should Luthor ever engage in direct fisticuffs with Supes?

How do you feel about Luthor's other fashion choices.

Superfriends/Tactical suit

Business Suit

Last edited by Doctor Know; 11-15-2019 at 10:18 AM.

LOVE the war suit but they need to stop being obsessed with homaging the 70s version. Lex should be up there with Iron Man when it come to how many armor types he has, and they should always look cutting edge and cool.

I also like the war suit, but Lex should only wear it until he has tried everything else against Superman.

He always wanted to feel on top of the world and this is a good way to show he can be nearly as powerful as Supes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Guess what? Silver Age teen Luthor had a dog! Named...Destructo!
    Fun Fact: Destructo also had a secret identity: "Wolf". Young Lex named his dog Wolf.
    sby92_001.jpg
    sby92_003.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Okay, serious question. How do you blokes and lassies feel about Lex Luthor's Warsuit? And should Luthor ever engage in direct fisticuffs with Supes?
    I liked the version they had on Supergirl. And sure, its fun to watch the hero duke it out with a villain.

vlcsnap-00264.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I liked the version they had on Supergirl. And sure, its fun to watch the hero duke it out with a villain.

vlcsnap-00264.jpg
    Hahaha. Got the Boba Fett helmet design. A big letter T. Also popularized by Vile from the Mega Man X series.

Gotta work on that helmet design.

Pretty sure Lex created his war suit way before the Iron Man movie.. right? So Lex thought about it first.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Pretty sure Lex created his war suit way before the Iron Man movie.. right? So Lex thought about it first.
    “Didn’t you know that Marvel created the pop culture universe? Like how James Bond’s Spectre organization (with the octopus theme) ripped off Hydra from Captain America movies?!”
    #sarcasm

Not kidding. This was a conversation I saw being had online back in 2015 when the last Bond movie came out. Behind The Trailer’s Grace Randolph fell into the rip off crowd as well. Bond has been fighting Spectre since the 1961 the books and 1962 on film. Lee and Kirby created Hydra in 1965. I’m pretty sure both Hydra and Spectre are riffing the Call of Cthulhu symbol from H.P. Lovecraft’s 1920-30s book series.

In conclusion, never underestimate no-nothing Marvel Zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Iron Man existed long before the Iron Man movie lol. I think Lex’s war suit debuted in the 70s, and Iron Man was created in the 60s so technically Iron Man came first. But Iron Man didn’t come up with the idea of “man puts on a mech suit to become more powerful”. The Golden Age Metallo had the same idea and I think the concept is even older.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Hahaha. Got the Boba Fett helmet design. A big letter T. Also popularized by Vile from the Mega Man X series.

Gotta work on that helmet design.
    What are you talking about? That's a great looking helmet. Classic ancient Greek warrior helmet design. For what it's worth a better looking helmet than Iron Man has. And the best looking live action Luthor Warsuit ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    What are you talking about? That's a great looking helmet. Classic ancient Greek warrior helmet design. For what it's worth a better looking helmet than Iron Man has. And the best looking live action Luthor Warsuit ever.
    I didn’t say it was bad. If Greek Helmets are wear the design is coming from, cool. Pop culture though will think of Boba Fett/Madolorians. You ever see Robot Chicken?

I shall call this a “Trini-T”

Last edited by Doctor Know; 11-17-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I like the jumpsuit in that it avoids the Iron Man comparisons. But physically dominating Superman should be a "by any means" thing.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I had no idea Luthor had a suit of armor. I think his focus should be on the “mastermind” portion. I don’t like the character ever physically engaging Superman.