Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    BANNED

Interview with Scott Snyder regarding Lex's actions and motivations during Year of the Villain

https://www.newsarama.com/44899-scot...nd-battle.html

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Absolutely loving Jon Cryer's Lex so far. He's managed to vault to the top of my favorite live action depictions of Luthor in only two episodes.
    Yep. I think he has been great.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Really enjoyed Cryer's latest appearance. Looking forward to seeing how he's used, and in what incarnation, in the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths. Nothing's been confirmed, of course, but I think the producers know full well how well he's been received and will try to include him as much as they can.

Cryer played a believable Lex. I enjoyed his interpretation.

I broke my desire to never watch SUPERGIRL again exclusively because of Jon Cryer's appearances as Lex.

Jon Cryer is the King of all the Live-Action Lex Luthors. And it's not particularly close.

So, 2020 is Lex Luthor's 80th anniversary since his debut in ACTION COMICS #23 dated April 1940.

What are the odds that ACTION COMICS #1023 in Spring 2020 will double as Lex Luthor's 80th anniversary issue?

And if so, who should be the creative team(s) for that issue?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I broke my desire to never watch SUPERGIRL again exclusively because of Jon Cryer's appearances as Lex.

Jon Cryer is the King of all the Live-Action Lex Luthors. And it's not particularly close.

So, 2020 is Lex Luthor's 80th anniversary since his debut in ACTION COMICS #23 dated April 1940.

What are the odds that ACTION COMICS #1023 in Spring 2020 will double as Lex Luthor's 80th anniversary issue?

Oh man now you’ve gone and gotten me excited. I really hope they do recognize Lex’s 80th. For old creators who did well with Lex in the past I’d want to see write a hypothetical AC #1023, I’d want:
    Brian Azzarelo
    Geoff Johns
    Grant Morrison
    Paul Cornell
    Dan Jurgens
    Jeph Loeb
    Bryan Q. Miller
    Mark Waid (Not happening but I’d want him on this out of respect for Birthright at least)

For people who haven’t written Lex before but whom I’d want to see take a shot:
    Jonathan Hickman
    Gail Simone
    Kelly Thompson
    Christopher Priest
    Bryan Hill
    Warren Ellis
    Al Ewing
    Jason Aaron

Jon Cryer is returning as Live-Action Lex Luthor IX for the CW's CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS crossover TV saga!

I suspected the Monitor did resurrect him at the end of SUPERGIRL. Here's hoping his next outing as Lex will be as great as his debut last season!

Also, who'd be down to buy a LEX LUTHOR #1 series (ongoing or at least a 12-issue maxi) during 2020 in honor of Luthor's 80th anniversary? And if so, who is your preferred creative team?

How about a hardcover ; Action Comics: 80 years of Lex Luthor?
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

yay, Cryer is back again as Lex. But hope the writing continues to do him justice. IMO, he was the best thing last season in Supergirl.

BTW, when was Lex' first appearance in Superman's history?

Action Comics #23 (cover-dated April 1940) was Lex Luthor's debut, but he didn't make the cover:

Lex's first cover appearance wasn't until two years later, in Action Comics #47 (cover- dated April 1942):

I'm hoping for at least one homage cover of AC#47 by current artists for Action Comics #1023 next year.

^Thank you, daBronze

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    ^Thank you, daBronze
    You're welcome!

Who else liked that recent variant Luthor cover of AC1013 by Frank Quitely (ALL-STAR SUPERMAN)?

I haven't been following JUSTICE LEAGUE. Can anyone sum up "Apex Lex"?

You're welcome!

Who else liked that recent variant Luthor cover of AC1013 by Frank Quitely (ALL-STAR SUPERMAN)?

I haven't been following JUSTICE LEAGUE. Can anyone sum up "Apex Lex"?
    Lex found God and she’s a real psycho. Lex finds proof that humanity was meant to be something more than we are, something powerful and dangerous created for selfish purposes. He thus takes up the banner of championing humanity embracing our worst impulses and ends up spoilers:
    killing himself and then absorbing Martian Manhunter so he can become the “apex”, the form Perpetua intended humanity to be a kind of Human-Martian hybrid
    end of spoilers

I got the recent issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE (#28) that had Apex Lex on the cover:

spoilers:
    So basically, Luthor is now a human-Martian hybrid by absorbing/killing Jonn Jonzz.

How is Lex now different from normal Martians?
    end of spoilers

So glad that the YEAR OF THE VILLAIN crossover has Lex Luthor right at its center.

I want Lex Luthor to gain Doctor Doom levels of respect within the DCU.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

What are some of Lex Luthor's best kill Superman schemes?

I'm putting together a list and I would love to hear other people's opinions. From any media would be welcome.