Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Man I wish Lex Luthor in Supergirl is done justice... It's his next chance to shine as the greatest criminal mind he is supposed to be. I'm worried he will just be used to job for Lena.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Matt Fraction possibly writing a Lex Luthor title for Black Label

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...c-black-label/
    Very interested to see where this goes. Luthor is one of my favorite stories ever because it let us get into Lex’s mind and see the depth of his delusions. Fraction is a great writer and I’d definitely be interested in seeing what he does, but also I’d be happy because this means Bendis most likely doesn’t plan to use Lex too much which is what I want. The other Super-Rogues need some focus without being mere lackeys for Lex all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Man I wish Lex Luthor in Supergirl is done justice... It's his next chance to shine as the greatest criminal mind he is supposed to be. I'm worried he will just be used to job for Lena.
    I get the idea Lena is going down a dark path and when she see the antics that Lex is doing it will snap her back from the abyss because Lena will realize she is turning into Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I get the idea Lena is going down a dark path and when she see the antics that Lex is doing it will snap her back from the abyss because Lena will realize she is turning into Lex.
    That would be cool.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Or... it's Lex that finally pushes Lena over the edge of villany. Kevin Smith has said the show takes a dark turn with the introduction of Lex. If it's Lex that pushes Lena to follow in his footsteps and she becomes to Kara what he is to Clark, he could take that as a dark victory. Remember, it's implied this Lex and Superman were once friends until he devolved to evil. Same as Lena and Supergirl. I could see his pushing Lena to the dark side as his endgame here.its not enough for him their Mother hates the Supers. I'm sure he'd like Lena in his corner too.

Truth is, it could go either way. Like all of us though I just hope they don't have Lena shown as Superior to Lex. Equals I'm fine with though.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

For those who are interested. Lex totally owns Darkseid in this chapter of my crossover story (primarily DC & Marvel) "Legion of Superheroes" -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1301484...of-Superheroes

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It occurs to me that I really don't know that much about the golden age Lex Luthor. Not the Earth-2 counterpart, but the actual golden age Luthor who debuted in the 1940s. The one who never lost his red hair.

What are some of his best feats or lines?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    It occurs to me that I really don't know that much about the golden age Lex Luthor. Not the Earth-2 counterpart, but the actual golden age Luthor who debuted in the 1940s. The one who never lost his red hair.

What are some of his best feats or lines?

In one story he found a way to give himself powers. By charging himself with electricity. In the next story He was sentenced to death via electric chair. When they flipped the switch all they did was recharge his powers. He used those powers to escape. Later he tricks Superman into getting him the powerstone.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    In one story he found a way to give himself powers. By charging himself with electricity. In the next story He was sentenced to death via electric chair. When they flipped the switch all they did was recharge his powers. He used those powers to escape. Later he tricks Superman into getting him the
    powerstone.

What exactly WAS the powerstone?

Was it like an earlier, much more scaled-down version of Marvel's Power Gem (of the Infinity Gauntlet)?

What could Luthor's power stone do?

Mighty Member

With the powerstone, Luthor had super strength and invulnerability. He could also grow to gigantic size. In All Star Squadron, Ultra Humanite got the powerstone. Didn't work out for UH any more than for Luthor, though.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    With the powerstone, Luthor had super strength and invulnerability. He could also grow to gigantic size. In All Star Squadron, Ultra Humanite got the powerstone. Didn't work out for UH any more than for Luthor, though.

Luthor wore the powerstone as part of a necklace/amulet. It gave him power as long as he was wearing it. Superman tricked him into running up a wall & across a ceiling. When he was standing upside down on the ceiling, the powerstone fell off. Luthor thus lost the power it was giving him.

Here is a funny thought. In some stories Lex claims that Superman trivializes human achievement. Lex trivializes human achievement. In the 80s, Lex found a cure for something called dxs disease. Scores of scientists were working for decades trying to find that cure. Lex only needed 3 days to do that, by himself. In that same story he also created a device that neutralizes all the nuclear weapons on earth.

Question: has Lex ever used the

spoilers:
    "Atom Man" moniker he had in the 1950 serial ATOM MAN VS SUPERMAN
    end of spoilers

anywhere else in his multimedia history?

Just like I want Lois to own her LOIS & CLARK moniker "Ultra Woman" as a ubiquitous professional compliment prior to Superman's debut, I'd similarly like this sobriquet to once again become a thing for Lex in place prior to Superman's debut. Not as a secret identity or anything, just a reclaimed nickname.

Also, where are we on the first official image of Live-Action Lex Luthor IX, aka Jon Cryer on SUPERGIRL:

Honestly? That image is ... Not disappointing. He does look dangerous, even with the beard. Kevin Smith did say they are NOT going for camp but actual darkness with their Lex. I dunno, I've given up on this show, and I have little doubt that their Lena will outsmart their Lex, but maybe it won't suck?

Their Lex debuts on the March 17th episode entitled ... "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

Seriously. That's the episode's title.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 02-03-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Here is a funny thought. In some stories Lex claims that Superman trivializes human achievement. Lex trivializes human achievement. In the 80s, Lex found a cure for something called dxs disease. Scores of scientists were working for decades trying to find that cure. Lex only needed 3 days to do that, by himself. In that same story he also created a device that neutralizes all the nuclear weapons on earth.
    I agree. Luthor may call himself human. But his genius is positively superhuman. Superman Adventures #41 is a brilliant issue. 22 Stories in a Single Bound by Mark Millar. In one story Mercy comes to Luthor with problems around the world. Lexcorp's international problems. He solves all of them within 5 minutes. Mercy asks what's next on his day's schedule? His reply goes something like this. Same as always. To destroy Superman.