Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I really like this change. I hope we get more cool stories of Lionel Luthor, Super-Archeologist, in the future. Lots of meat on that bone.
    I'm hoping we get more Lionel Luthor before he became the shell that Lex remembered, I'd like more adventures of a Lionel similar to Smallville and Flashpoint that was then betrayed by Savage, Plus Give Him John Glover's Magnificent Hair
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I'm hoping we get more Lionel Luthor before he became the shell that Lex remembered, I'd like more adventures of a Lionel similar to Smallville and Flashpoint that was then betrayed by Savage, Plus Give Him John Glover's Magnificent Hair
    I cannot disagree with any of this.

Can you imagine Eisenberg Lex Luthor (or any Luthor version) in the upcoming Suicide Squad 2 movie??

I don't. At all. Lex doesn't receive orders from anyone. He is a leader. A big bad.

Sigh, someone on twitter suggested that he should be in that movie as part of the team... He really doesn't know the character it seems.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Can you imagine Eisenberg Lex Luthor (or any Luthor version) in the upcoming Suicide Squad 2 movie??

I don't. At all. Lex doesn't receive orders from anyone. He is a leader. A big bad.

Sigh, someone on twitter suggested that he should be in that movie as part of the team... He really doesn't know the character it seems.
    I could see a scenario where Lex is really controlling the situation from the inside ,manipulation is Lex's MO in all versions. The master puppet master...
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I could see a scenario where Lex is really controlling the situation from the inside ,manipulation is Lex's MO in all versions. The master puppet master...
    yes as long as he has a bigger plan. Not is he's just taking order from Waller. Lex commands.

BTW, I wonder if Mercy will show up with Lex in Supergirl show. As much as I don't like this show, I will probably check out the first ep to see my fave supervillain.

Yeah I can’t either. Eisenberg is good at playing losers. Relatable losers aka Zombieland and sociopath losers aka Social Network. But confident charismatic leaders? He can’t pull that off at all. Honestly if there’s one upside to Cavill leaving it’s that Lex would definitely get recast too.

Oh my GOD, now I actually need that Superman spin-off. A few seconds promo and he might already be my favorite live action Lex.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 03-08-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Looks good.. but we all know Kara and Lena will outsmart him.

Looks good.. but we all know Kara and Lena will outsmart him.
    Sure, heroes tend to win and bad guys tend to lose, especially in the superhero genre. But if he’s portrayed as a legit and menacing threat, and is well acted and does comic Lex justice for once then I’m very much onboard.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Sure, heroes tend to win and bad guys tend to lose, especially in the superhero genre. But if he’s portrayed as a legit and menacing threat, and is well acted and does comic Lex justice for once then I’m very much onboard.
    I think the concern is more that he's going to be brought in and used as a fall guy to make the usual cast look better, so in Lex's case, Lena will be made out to be superior to him in the way Clark is surpassed by Kara.

I don't watch the show, but that's the impression I got from the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think the concern is more that he's going to be brought in and used as a fall guy to make the usual cast look better, so in Lex's case, Lena will be made out to be superior to him in the way Clark is surpassed by Kara.

Is Lena even a villain? My impression is that she’s morally ambiguous at best, not evil.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Is Lena even a villain? My impression is that she’s morally ambiguous at best, not evil.
    Don't know, I don't really watch the show or Arrowverse at large. It just isn't for me and that's okay.

I was just trying to clear up what I thought may have been a misunderstanding. Nevertheless, Lex is traditionally the smartest, most magnificent bastard in the DC universe, so perhaps the concern is that Lena would outsmart him and be critical in shutting him down if not outright orchestrate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Yeah I know what stargazer meant and understand the concern. In my earlier response, I explained that assuming that Lex written and acted as a serious threat, I’m not really bothered if Lena and Kara foil his scheme since they are the heroes of this story. But yeah if Lex tells Lena that she’s better than him then yeah that would annoy me. I didn’t really care about Kara beating Kal in a fight but him repeatedly putting himself down to praise his cousin was cringey.

Astonishing Member

Eisenberg Lex can't lead a beer league softball team, that idiot should be cannon fodder, that moron almost got himself and everyone on Earth killed through his stupidity. A good version of Lex (which has never appeared in a movie) can be a power that directs which missions the Suicide Suicide goes on, having enough pull in the government to essentially be able to use the Suicide Squad to serve his aims, once and a while.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post

Oh my GOD, now I actually need that Superman spin-off. A few seconds promo and he might already be my favorite live action Lex.
    I think Michael Rosenbaum finally has some competition as the best live action Lex Luthor.

Wouldn't it be ironic that if Cryer does what it looks like he's doing here that the three best live action Lex's (Rosenbaum,Shea and presumably Cryer) were all on TV while the main live action Luthors on film (Hackman,Spacey and Eisenberg) all fall short to one degree or another?

Anyway I'm excited. I've only casually watched Supergirl the last couple seasons but I will be staying tuned the next few weeks.

We've got a decent Supes,a decent Lois and it looks like here a phenomenal Lex, and Arrow is over next season after Crisis on infinite Earths. Time would be right to get a bonafide Superman series to replace it. If WB films don't want to do anything with Kal, let television have him for a bit.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.