View Poll Results: Should Spiderwoman become peters girlfreind?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!

38 64.41%
  • Yes!

8 13.56%
  • I think they should just be freinds

13 22.03%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No. Have her stay in her universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Yes!!!! Her and Peter don't have much chemistry. I would rather Peter dated Rachel at the JGS since he will be teaching there and she will remind him of MJ, and Anya should come out of the closet. There is already a low representation of the LGBT community in Spider books.
    Peter/Rachel.. I haven't thought about it, but I quite like it! And yes, Anya should come out of the closet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Wait 616 Anya or Spider-Gwen's Anya? Because Anya for Gwen's universe is probably too young and Gwen should stay in her own universe and not be with anyone from 616.
    I was thinking 616, in case Gwen can't return to her universe. I begun shipping AnyaXGwen when I was discussing with someone that if Gwen stays Anya would comfort her because she would remind her to Rikki, one thing led to another and now I'm shipping them :P

I'm not sure if there's a Anya in her universe, but I don't see why they couldn't age her up. In the Ultimate universe there are some that are older or younger than there original counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well some people have hope she would be with Miss America Chavez
    :raises hand:
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 09-19-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

I really hope Spider-Gwen receives more of a spotlight even though shes an AU character. While no one can replace the original Gwen, I wold definitely welcome a Gwen with spider powers! Yes!!!! Her and Peter don't have much chemistry. I would rather Peter dated Rachel at the JGS since he will be teaching there and she will remind him of MJ, and Anya should come out of the closet. There is already a low representation of the LGBT community in Spider books.
    Would you be open to the idea of Peter dating Psylocke? Afterall, they probably met through Brian Braddock when he was Peter's roommate at ESU during the start of Peter's Graduate Studies. As for LGBT characters in Spider-Man's world, there are a few, of which there is Felicia Hardy who is Bi-sexual(mostly towards women). But Peter is the only guy who she considers her first real friend. Even in the MC2 where she's in a relationship with another woman, Felicia has a house right next to Peter's home. And she certainly would not have done that to be close to Mary Jane, either. After all, the men in her life have always come and go without a care in the world on her part. But when it comes to Peter, Felicia is always there at his side in a heartbeat. At least the Pre-OMD Felicia Hardy. You could say that Felicia is the only Lesbian/Bi-sexual character who still hold the torch for Peter. But the recent version of her isn't Felicia Hardy at all.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-20-2014 at 02:14 AM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Psylocke has that "thing" going on with Fantomex so she isn't exactly available, she also apparently propositions Cable to get the edge off. While Rachel is currently single and has nothing being teased atm for her, she could also use the exposure as many fans that know Peter would end up learning who she is due to her dating him than hopefully liking her enough to check up on her even when Peter and her part ways for whatever reason.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Psylocke has that "thing" going on with Fantomex so she isn't exactly available, she also apparently propositions Cable to get the edge off. While Rachel is currently single and has nothing being teased atm for her, she could also use the exposure as many fans that know Peter would end up learning who she is due to her dating him than hopefully liking her enough to check up on her even when Peter and her part ways for whatever reason.
    I thought that those two broke up long ago. I was referring to Psylocke and Spider-Man (re)establishing their friendship first and foremost. Not the kind of rushed relationship(without substance) that we've seen between him and silk.

BANNED

what friendship Betsy and Spider-Man never had a friendship apart from that one A+X team up and that was just her in a near death state.

No. The response from this Gwen Stacy shows she can maintain her own story without needing any sort of living Peter Parker for her story to work.

That would be psychologically weird.

However I think a talk or a meeting between the two would bring a bit of closure they need. Gwen for the most since its her first foray into different dimensions. I don't remember if Peter and Ult!Gwen had a moment but if not then they should talk.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I thought that those two broke up long ago. I was referring to Psylocke and Spider-Man (re)establishing their friendship first and foremost. Not the kind of rushed relationship(without substance) that we've seen between him and silk.
    Fantomex is still chasing her and even turned down Meme's proposition because he only wants Psylocke.

Besides, Rachel would benefit more from dating Spider-Man than Psylocke and she has more reasons to be at the school more often and teach compared to Psylocke whose on multiple teams and doing X-Force stuff.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Okay, just read Edge of Spider-Verse 2 and, as with SO many of these threads, I am confused about the point. Once again, it feels to me like the pro-contingent just want someone NAMED Gwen Stacey to be with Peter, and don't actually care if they're remotely like any previous Gwen (despite often demanding the return of the 'original': See Emma Stone/Ultimate).

This is why I find it such a ridiculous argument (no offence to fans of the ACTUAL 616 Gwen Stacey, I do genuinely appreciate there are several of you out there and your opinions are in no way touched upon in what I am saying here).

In this case, what difference does it make if Spider-Gwen ends up with ANY Peter? Even Spider-Monkey? She is utterly unlike 616 Gwen, heck, she's even a more contemporary update on the very popular Ultimate Gwen.

It wouldn't satisfy your need for Gwen to return as she is not the Gwen 616 Peter lost, unless you are interested in Gwen in name/appearance only. And in that case, what's the point?

On a side note, who even knows if Peter'd be interested in Spider-Gwen outside of her physical appearance. Relationships need to be built on personality, and Spider-Gwen is in no way like the 616 Gwen Peter loved.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DATNIGG View Post
    1)Peter gets his girlfreind back
    2)Gwen Gets Peter back
    3) they can fight crime together
    4) They can relate to each other
    5) she can throw norman off a bridge this time

IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE
    I'd love it cause it be the biggest middle finger in the world to the Damsel in distress Cliche.
    You'll Never See This Terrible Plot Twist Coming....

BANNED

So its settled than by the polls this is probably the terrible idea that should never follow suite. Truthfully I detest Marvel trying to do team ups with Multiverse like DC thats their thing not Marvel. Yes theirs the evidence of the Justice League knock offs but thats just an excuse for Marvel to have a pointless Avengers vs Justice League Knockoffs. In short Spider-Gwen would benefit better in her own ongoing in her own universe not 616 her own universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Would you be open to the idea of Peter dating Psylocke? Afterall, they probably met through Brian Braddock when he was Peter's roommate at ESU during the start of Peter's Graduate Studies. As for LGBT characters in Spider-Man's world, there are a few, of which there is Felicia Hardy who is Bi-sexual(mostly towards women). But Peter is the only guy who she considers her first real friend. Even in the MC2 where she's in a relationship with another woman, Felicia has a house right next to Peter's home. And she certainly would not have done that to be close to Mary Jane, either. After all, the men in her life have always come and go without a care in the world on her part. But when it comes to Peter, Felicia is always there at his side in a heartbeat. At least the Pre-OMD Felicia Hardy. You could say that Felicia is the only Lesbian/Bi-sexual character who still hold the torch for Peter. But the recent version of her isn't Felicia Hardy at all.
    I would prefer Spiderman and Betsy stayed friends and allies. She has had a bad track record with men so far, so I don't think she is looking into being in a relationship with someone new right now.

Felicia isn't really a major LGBT character. Besides that one panel in "The Evil That Men Do", we haven't seen her be in an intimate or serious relationship with any woman in the 616 universe. (Though I would support her and Psylocke together.)

I see no reason why they don't have a major male and female character who is straight a member in the LGBT community.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I think Rachel would be an excellent candidate because she is currently single having no luck with her past history, and has yet to find someone who can turn her world upside down in a good way. I think Peter would help cheer her up and give her life, and in return she would make him a better man with her guidance and morals.

Is Norman Osborn still alive in the 616 universe? If so, he is long overdue to permanently bite it and who better to help do this than Gwen Stacy herself? (Even though technically the Goblin didn't kill her. It was more of a natural occurance.)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Is Norman Osborn still alive in the 616 universe? If so, he is long overdue to permanently bite it and who better to help do this than Gwen Stacy herself? (Even though technically the Goblin didn't kill her. It was more of a natural occurance.)
    He is still alive. Last I saw him was in Goblin Nation. He's changed his face though so Peter and/or Gwen wouldn't recognise him. Assuming Gwen has met Norman in her Universe anyway.