Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Machinima Lands Exclusive Animated ‘Justice League’ Series

What do you all think?

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news...nt-1201308015/

From the sound of it this will be a much darker N52 style Diana aimed at 18-34 males ... I haven't seen any of their work, but I plan on finding some soon ... hope it's not total trash!

BANNED

Bruce Timm yes. darker: no.

I trust in Timm, specially to do more mature things

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

It's Bruce Timm. Expect Batgod worship.

Not interested in seeing "darker" versions of the League, either. I can read the Injustice comic for that.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

I'm not sure Timm is directly involved in this project, sounds more like they are basing it on Gods and Monsters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I'm not sure Timm is directly involved in this project, sounds more like they are basing it on Gods and Monsters.
    well that is bad. But I want to see the result

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    It's Bruce Timm. Expect Batgod worship.

Not interested in seeing "darker" versions of the League, either. I can read the Injustice comic for that.
    fair enough with the batgod worship ... JL/JLU certainly had it's share of that

I got the impression from the article (scant as it is) that they will simply be grittier versions, not despots!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Timm does dark better than most. Compare BB: Return of the Joker to any of the "edgy" things DC has been putting out lately, and the former is considerably more mature. Not sure how this will pan out though. If by darker, I hope they don't mean the heroes themselves are dark, just featured in darker stories (such as the Bat-villains being allowed to kill, the Gods being nightmarish, etc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    What do you all think?

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news...nt-1201308015/

From the sound of it this will be a much darker N52 style Diana aimed at 18-34 males ... I haven't seen any of their work, but I plan on finding some soon ... hope it's not total trash!
    Hera help me

My big complaint about DC animated movies is that they're all on a set budget, so nothing ever gets much longer than 75 minutes. These Machinima animations mean the movie's story line effectively becomes longer, so that's good.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

After Flashpoint Paradox and JL: War, my expectations for DC animation are as low as they are for DC comics and for DC movies.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

Agreed. I'm among those who is sick and tired of all this grim and gritty crap that has been injected into pretty much everything since the 80s. But if Bruce Timm is doing it, I believe he's capable of making it awesome. He has a good, solid track record of doing justice to the Justice League. So despite the premise, I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Its a strike for me on both sides. Don't care for another dark take on the League, and I think Timm's League incarnations have sucked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Agreed. I'm among those who is sick and tired of all this grim and gritty crap that has been injected into pretty much everything since the 80s. But if Bruce Timm is doing it, I believe he's capable of making it awesome. He has a good, solid track record of doing justice to the Justice League. So despite the premise, I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    I think he is not doing the tie ins. But if is based on his animated movie, things can't get that much worse. I hope he has a role supervisioning this.
    Timm deserves at least the benefit of doubt, guy is magic.

“Chronicles” is said to revolve around a newly conceived reality in the DC universe where Justice League members Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are much darker versions of the superheroes that people know.
    Can they stop with the alternate realities and earths thing? All their videogames, stories and now their animations are filled with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Not interested in seeing "darker" versions of the League, either.
    DC comics: Dark
    DC new movie universe: Dark
    DC animation: Dark

Yeah you know what, i am not even much of a Marvel fan but every day DC is pushing me away more and more. I'll be over there enjoying one the best superhero movies ever made.