Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I prefer to see Scotland as part of the UK. If they had voted against that it would be understandable but I prefer a united British Isles over a divided one.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Sad day for the scots. I was in Edinburgh last month and I got talking to an older guy at the fringe he seemed really excited about the prospect of them becoming independent. I am from the south of Ireland so I am in favour of any country gaining independence from the british empire.
    At least Scotland went about it the civilised way I guess...

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    Don't count your chickens before they hatch. NO is leading the vote right now, haha.
    They should follow the examples of India and America, Iceland, and so on the English have to forced out hopefully they will fare better than the Irish who joined the E.U. So theystill are not truly independent.

Sad day for the scots. I was in Edinburgh last month and I got talking to an older guy at the fringe he seemed really excited about the prospect of them becoming independent. I am from the south of Ireland so I am in favour of any country gaining independence from the british empire.
    As a proportion of the Scottish population, more people from Scotland were involved in the British Empire than English people were as a proportion of the English population

Part of the issue, in some ways. The collapse of the Empire damaged the notion of an overall Britishness while reducing economic opportunities for people from Scotland... Scottish nationalism has increased enormously since the last overseas possessions passed out of British control; as has English nationalism for that matter (despite it being called the UK Independence Party, UKIP is basically an English phenomenon).
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 09-19-2014 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Further verbiage

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    As a proportion of the Scottish population, more people from Scotland were involved in the British Empire than English people were as a proportion of the English population

Part of the issue, in some ways. The collapse of the Empire damaged the notion of an overall Britishness while reducing economic opportunities for people from Scotland... Scottish nationalism has increased enormously since the last overseas possessions passed out of British control; as has English nationalism for that matter (despite it being called the UK Independence Party, UKIP is basically an English phenomenon).
    I love Scotland. Beautiful place. Going to London for the first time this week. Been to Bournemouth a couple of times also a lovely place and very friendly people.

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaka View Post
    At least Scotland went about it the civilised way I guess...
    Read a history book.

I love Scotland. Beautiful place. Going to London for the first time this week. Been to Bournemouth a couple of times also a lovely place and very friendly people.
    Scotland is very beautiful, I agree. Hope you have a fantastic time in London

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    You forgot Kylun
    god forbid.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I'm sorry for my dearest Moira and Rahne. This one's for them.

Read a history book.
    Only joshing really

Am in Glasgow tonight ( which as a city voted yes) and it's more like Proteus has mass possessed people. Have seen old women hurl abuse and grown men hurl glass bottles right in front of police. Considering I'm more English than Earl Grey its gonna be a fun night!

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I was recalling...hadn't Stuart Bros. a Scottish ancestry, too?