Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Avengers #363 Jun 1993
    "A Gathering of Hate!"
    The Avengers, along with the captured alternate Vision, make their way to the Gatherers' base of operations in the Andes mountain range.
    They confront Proctor only to have him destroy the alternate Vision. The Black Knight, influenced by his mind link with Sersi,
    attacks Cap but is subdued before anyone is hurt. Proctor blames the destruction of the parallel Earths on Sersi.

Back at Avengers Mansion, Hank Pym and Bill Foster stabilize the Swordsman's condition after the Anti-Vision's attack.

Two detectives investigating the murder of a man last seen with Sersi arrive to ask some questions of her

and are later seen turned to stone at the bottom of the river.

Cameo appearances by the Watcher, Empress Lilandra, Henry Pym, Bill Foster, and the Swordsman.
    Avengers Lineup: Black Knight, Black Widow, Captain America, Crystal, Hercules, Sersi, and the Vision.

Script by Bob Harras. Pencils by Steve Epting. Inks by Tom Palmer.

The Rider helmer Chloe Zhao is attached to helm Marvel’s Jack Kirby-created The Eternals, Deadline has confirmed.

She will helm off Matthew and Ryan Firpo’s screenplay. Kevin Feige is producing.

The comic centered around the super power near-god beings The Celestials and their villainous adversaries the Deviants in a war set millions of years ago. The Celestials experimented on humans creating both races of immortal spin-offs. The Eternals debuted as a comic in July 1976.

Selecting Zhao for a big Marvel feature continues Feige’s tradition of pairing sharp independent filmmakers with specific comic book IPs that match their storytelling talents. Zhao is the second female to helm a Marvel movie after Anna Boden who is co-directing Captain Marvel with Ryan Fleck. Cathy Yan is the first Asian American female filmmaker to direct a superhero movie with Warner Bros./DC’s Birds of Prey.
    Zhao won the C.I.C.A.E. Award at the Cannes Film Festival for The Rider. The feature premiered in the Directors Fortnight and went on to play Telluride and TIFF last year. Sony Classics’ released the pic last April at the domestic B.O. where it has made $2.3M.
    https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-rid...ls-1202469180/

Yay I’m not familiar with her but I’m very excited to see the movie!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'd like to know if it's only the Olympian gods that they stood in for, or other pantheons as well. I know that Ajak's worked with the Incan gods, but that's all.
    Yes, the Eternals were definitely mistaken for deities from other pantheons from around the world. I never quite understood why most Eteranals have Eurocentric features, when you take that into consideration. I've also wondered why we never met an Eternal that moved to Asgard and hung out with Odin and the gang and joined their tribe. Or to Atlantis, or Heliopolis, or Avalon, or any number of mythical places. Eternals may be godlike, but they're not immune to human impulses and wanderlust. Maybe we'll get to see that sort of thing touched on in the movie.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Sersi definitely wasn't immune to wanderlust.

Good luck on this next film project. I hope that it is promoted highly well. I don't see how they fit into the MCU but I guess they'll find a way. Also, would this take place in the distant past, or the present? You know, since Eternals live a long time.

No one would've expected Guardians of the Galaxy to be a success when it was announced. I think franchises such as this is broadening what audiences wanna see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Good luck on this next film project. I hope that it is promoted highly well. I don't see how they fit into the MCU but I guess they'll find a way. Also, would this take place in the distant past, or the present? You know, since Eternals live a long time.
    Guardians wasn’t really a thing before, especially for the non comic readers. Look how big it became and what kind of impact it had on the MCU. I think it’s be silly to write off the Eternals film as pointless or hard to sell as the MCU seems to enjoy new and different concepts. Plus, who doesn’t love the visual designs of the characters? It’s pure Kirby goodness.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I never quite understood why most Eteranals have Eurocentric features, when you take that into consideration.
    At least we've got Kingo Sunen who lived in Japan and learned the way of bushido.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Plus, who doesn’t love the visual designs of the characters? It’s pure Kirby goodness.
    Their MCU costumes should be otherworldly to an extent, not necessarily the robes and togas that many pantheons use, but different.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

At least we've got Kingo Sunen who lived in Japan and learned the way of bushido.

Their MCU costumes should be otherworldly to an extent, not necessarily the robes and togas that many pantheons use, but different.
    I’m hoping they go full otherworldly body suits but not cartoonish (the Kirby costumes in Thor Ragnarok sometimes felt cheap/cartoonish... not Hela but background characters on Skaar...).

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I’m hoping they go full otherworldly body suits but not cartoonish (the Kirby costumes in Thor Ragnarok sometimes felt cheap/cartoonish... not Hela but background characters on Skaar...).
    I at least expect much better quality costumes then the live-action Inhumans got.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Well, yes, and we can't forget Ceyote, Phastos, Titanis, Legba and a few of the New Breed members. But still there should be much, much more. By Marvel's standard, humanity in some shape or form has existed on the Earth going back 1M years (ergo, Avengers 1,000,000 BC). The fact that there are various Eternal cities around the planet would indicate that the Eternals did indeed migrate, likely in patterns not unlike normal humans. As such, even with low Eternal birth rates and wars, there should be more balanced representation.

Hopefully, when the movie drops it won't be just about the Olympian Eternals.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm willing to bet the Forgotten One isn't the only Eternal who roamed the countryside fighting monsters and then became acclaimed as a hero in locale legend.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I at least expect much better quality costumes then the live-action Inhumans got.
    Agreed! And it shouldn’t be too hard. Even cosplay is better than the Inhumans series

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Agreed! And it shouldn’t be too hard. Even cosplay is better than the Inhumans series
    Yea. I would have thought they would look like a species of a planet in Star Wars. Like the adults looking like aliens, and children looking human, but they all looked humans wearing Kanye West's clothing line. The Eternals look like attractive humans, so the special effects shouldn't be too expensive. They just need to have the same standards as the other MCU films, and they're granting this film the budget of an actual film, not a network tv show.