Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Of Gods and Men: Eternals Appreciation

Thought I would make this for that awesome if underappreciated Kirby concept that is the Eternals. The creation of the Celestials who stand alongside their mortal enemies that are the Deviants and normal human beings. These cosmic demigods have long remained hidden in the world and arguably served as one of the first superheroes in humanity.

So, we honour them in this thread and no appreciation would be complete without pictures! So, here we go:

I'm kind of hoping that they get the same kind of push in the future that the Inhumans are getting now.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'd like to know if it's only the Olympian gods that they stood in for, or other pantheons as well. I know that Ajak's worked with the Incan gods, but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'd like to know if it's only the Olympian gods that they stood in for, or other pantheons as well. I know that Ajak's worked with the Incan gods, but that's all.
    Looks like all are Greek/Roman mythology inspired. Having said that, the Forgotten One was mistaken for Gilgamesh in the past and there is Ajak as you said. There are some though that have no ties to a god but to different cultures. New Eternals had the Native American style Ceyote and Chinese style Chi Demon. There is also Kingo Sunen who trained in the arts of a samurai. So, it seems that they did have ties in other cultures beyond those that worshipped the Olympian pantheon. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they had ties to other civilizations as well but its just that no one seems to have an interest in the poor old Eternals

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yeah, I mean they had Siberian and Pacific cities too, so why couldn't they have interacted with the Dievas (Russian/Slavic gods) and Akua (Polynesian gods) respectively.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Love the Eternals, especially what they bring to the MU. I've always felt they were a better "godly" fit for the universe than the pantheons.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Loved the Eternals ever since the Thor plotline where the Olympians decided they'd had enough of the imposters and invaded. I still have a little part of me that wishes Gilgamesh would rejoin the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Love the Eternals, especially what they bring to the MU. I've always felt they were a better "godly" fit for the universe than the pantheons.
    I find the 616 Eternals to be on equal "godly" fitting with the 616 Olympians and 616 Asgardians.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Think it was only Olympians

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Bob Harras!!!

Loved the appearance of the Eternals during your Avengers run

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday "Our Pal" Sal Buscema!!!

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/eternals_1-12.shtml
    http://13thdimension.com/13-covers-a...y-celebration/
    http://comicsalliance.com/tribute-sal-buscema/

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday Joe Bennett!!!

Thank you for the magnificent art in The New Eternals : Apocalypse Now one-shot. http://www.examiner.com/article/excl...st-joe-bennett

I'd really love it if the Eternals could get an MCU film. I love the whole Kirby imagery/design sense and could be a replacement for Thor. Also... Who doesn't love Sersi!

BANNED

I liked it when the MCU Asgardians were first introduced to the movie going public in 2011 and the MCU Wakandans in 2018.

Given that the movie going public got to see some MCU Celestials they to me are to be treated to their creations, the MCU Eternals, as soon as possible.

BANNED

Exclamation Eternals Joining MCU Phase 4 According to Rumors

According to a new report, Marvel is developing the Eternals as a franchise for their post-Avengers 4 future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I'd really love it if the Eternals could get an MCU film. I love the whole Kirby imagery/design sense and could be a replacement for Thor. Also... Who doesn't love Sersi!
    Loved sersi in the avengers

one of my favourite runs with an underrated character

love the eternals