Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Bob Harras!!!

Loved the appearance of the Eternals during your Avengers run

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday "Our Pal" Sal Buscema!!!

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/eternals_1-12.shtml
    http://13thdimension.com/13-covers-a...y-celebration/
    http://comicsalliance.com/tribute-sal-buscema/

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday Joe Bennett!!!

Thank you for the magnificent art in The New Eternals : Apocalypse Now one-shot. http://www.examiner.com/article/excl...st-joe-bennett

Niffleheim

There should be a mini or a graphic novel on the Eternals every year just to keep them relevant in readers' mind.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'd love to see a story with all the superpowered offshoots of humanity, Eternals, Deviants, Inhumans, Mutants, and Atlanteans.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

So, the Marvel Universe has been rebuilt, how would you reintroduce the Eternals? Just a quick look at the most recent landscape, before there was this plot about most of the Eternals being controlled or corrupted that never got completed before they all died dued to the universe ending, the celestials were killed before then and I don't think there's been any evidence of their returning, and Gilgamesh is a fat lazy lovable slob. Point is, go wild, as its a bit of a mess already and a perfect time to reintroduce ideas without restriction.

BANNED

Happy Birthday John Romita Jr.!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'd like to know if it's only the Olympian gods that they stood in for, or other pantheons as well. I know that Ajak's worked with the Incan gods, but that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Looks like all are Greek/Roman mythology inspired. Having said that, the Forgotten One was mistaken for Gilgamesh in the past and there is Ajak as you said. There are some though that have no ties to a god but to different cultures. New Eternals had the Native American style Ceyote and Chinese style Chi Demon. There is also Kingo Sunen who trained in the arts of a samurai. So, it seems that they did have ties in other cultures beyond those that worshipped the Olympian pantheon. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they had ties to other civilizations as well but its ju616 st that no one seems to have an interest in the poor old Eternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yeah, I mean they had Siberian and Pacific cities too, so why couldn't they have interacted with the Dievas (Russian/Slavic gods) and Akua (Polynesian gods) respectively.
    Thanks for pointing out that it is more accurate to state that the 616 Eternals have ties to different cultures.
    That is to me far more appealing than simply being mere stand-ins for the 616 Olympians.

All the original Eternals were based on the Greek/Roman gods but as said I prefer the idea that they have ties to every mythological gods. They aren't those deities as godlings do exist but they are mistaken for said deities. At least, that's in my mind.

I am hoping that with the new Avengers book that Waid perhaps brings in Sersi on the team. The current line up on Avengers just reminds me of the era when Eternals were on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Oh, also...please have a great artist. I seriously loved everything Esad Ribic did with Thor. Can he do it again with a re-imagining of the Eternals?
    Seconded!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Neil Gaiman!!!

Comics Spotlight On: Neil Gaiman's Eternals

Summary:
    Neil Gaiman and artist John Romita Jr. have taken the Eternals back to Kirby’s roots in this story.
    It’s a modern tale, not a retelling, but it manages to integrate the past of the characters seamlessly.
    The story begins on a personal level, as a doctor who thinks he’s human is told by a being that seems a bit more than human that they’re both immortals.

Eventually, the doctor and the rest of the Eternals start to remember their real past.
    In their desire to solve the mystery of their lost memories and mission, they stumble across an even greater danger to Earth.
    Extras in the Hardcover:
    There’s an introduction about how Kirby created the Eternals written by Mark Evanier, who wrote Kirby: King of Comics and an article about Kirby by Robert Greenberger.
    There is also a lengthy interview with Gaiman covering his original proposal for the series.

And there are some wonderful art concept pieces for the new series placed alongside the original Kirby images.
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_neil_gaiman/

BANNED

Question Ikaris vs Black Bolt

Anyone remember this meeting between Ikaris and Black Bolt?

I think it would be cool for Marvel to in true Marvel fashion have the Eternals and Inhumans have a misunderstanding and battle and then later team-up against a mutual foe like for instance the Titanian Eternal THANOS!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Anyone remember this meeting between Ikaris and Black Bolt?

I think it would be cool for Marvel to in true Marvel fashion have the Eternals and Inhumans have a misunderstanding and battle and then later team-up against a mutual foe like for instance the Titanian Eternal THANOS!
    Great idea. These two races have potential for great stories, together.

Also, nice pic! It's from What If? #29.

BANNED

What If? #29? Now I definitely wanna see Ikaris and Black Bolt meet eachother in the 616 Universe.
    Thanks for clearing that up Dr. Banner. Much appreciated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Love the Eternals, especially what they bring to the MU. I've always felt they were a better "godly" fit for the universe than the pantheons.
    I find the 616 Eternals to be on equal "godly" fitting with the 616 Olympians and 616 Asgardians.