Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I wonder if they are going to embrace the Kirby designs for the Eternals movie like Taika did with Thor Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    OMG this cast. Especially Constance Wu as Sersi and Sam Claflin as Ikarus.

Selfishly though, I want Natalie Dormer in the DCEU instead as Poison Ivy. I guess that writer also forgot that she has already appeared in the MCU (in The First Avenger). So they have a hiccup there unless they are gonna claim Thena was on Earth trying to seduce Cap in the 40's... for reasons.

Dormer's role in First Avenger is small enough that I think you could cast her in a bigger role easily, though personally I like for for Moonstone.

Thena should be someone more like Yvonne Strahovski, Kathryn Winnick, or even Charlize Theron, I think.

Also I like their idea of using Riz Ahmed, but I'd cast him as Makkari, not Ajak.

Never a big Eternals fan. Not a hater either just little to no interest. That said Sersi was fine in her Avengers day.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Well, I give them points for creativity. But I disagree with many of the appointments here, especially with casting any POC as a Deviant considering they're the genetically inferior and substandard offshoot of the Celestial experiments. I certainly wouldn't cast the magnificent Jeffrey Wright as Kro, even though I know he'd play the part extremely well. But even if for the sake of discussion you cast Mr. Wright as Kro, well, you'd better cast a more talented actress than Ms. Dormer to be his love interest in Thena. We're talking about a deep affection that has endured for generations, through all manner of difficulties, betrayals and wounds. I don't get that with a Wright - Dormer pairing.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    OMG this cast. Especially Constance Wu as Sersi and Sam Claflin as Ikarus.

Selfishly though, I want Natalie Dormer in the DCEU instead as Poison Ivy. I guess that writer also forgot that she has already appeared in the MCU (in The First Avenger). So they have a hiccup there unless they are gonna claim Thena was on Earth trying to seduce Cap in the 40's... for reasons.
    I definitely think Sersi is Constance’s role to loose, she’s so perfect for the role. I hope marvel are already in touch with her agent

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I wonder if they are going to embrace the Kirby designs for the Eternals movie like Taika did with Thor Ragnarok.
    I’m sure that’s what they’re making it for, to show off those gorgeous kirby designs

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I've always thought Sam Claflin would make a good Captain Britain (Brain Braddock). Claflin's wife has played two characters in the MCU already. Most notably she played Star-Lords mom.

A fan cast I saw for the Eternals that I liked had

Sofia Boutella (Kingsman, The Mummy, Hotel Artemis) as Sersi
    John Boyega (Star Wars, Attack The Block, Detroit) as Makkari
    Mackenzie Davis (Terminator, Blade Runner 2049, Tully) as Thena
    Bill Pullman (Independence Day, Lake Placid, The Equalizer) as Zuras
    Last edited by chamber-music; 10-05-2018 at 04:09 AM.

BANNED

Avengers #364 Jul 1993
    "Call Her Deathcry!"
    The Avengers seek shelter in the cold of the Andes and find a Shi'ar warrior named Deathcry who arrives to help them.
    Unfortunately, she's been followed by a squad of Kree Sentries who attack the Avengers.
    The Avengers defend themselves and manage to get away, but not before receiving a threatening message from
    Admiral Galen Kor who blames the Avengers for what happened to the Kree during Operation: Galactic Storm.

First appearances of Admiral Galen Kor, Dylon Cir and Kona Lor.
    Avengers Lineup: Black Knight, Black Widow, Captain America, Crystal, Hercules and the Vision.

Script by Bob Harras. Pencils by Steve Epting. Inks by Tom Palmer.

Back-up story, "Unbidden Memories"
    While her teammates are fighting in the Andes,

Sersi remains at Avengers Mansion

fighting her demons.

Script by Bob Harras. Pencils by J.B. Jones. Inks by Andrew Paquette.

BANNED

Default The Eternals Could Be A Prequel To The Entire MCU

BANNED

Captain Marvel #29 Nov 1973
    "Metamorphosis!"
    Captain Mar-Vell is brought before Eon, who claim their life's mission is to "destroy Captain Mar-Vell the Warrior".
    Eon shows Mar-Vell visions of the history of Titan,

explaining that Chronos created Eon to wait for the time when Thanos acquires the Cosmic Cube
    and change Mar-Vell from the warrior he was into the Protector he must become.
    After guiding him through a series of enlightening visions, Eon grants Mar-Vell
    Cosmic Awareness, a slightly modified mask and his hair turns from white to blond.
    With his new mindset, Captain Marvel conquers his inner demons and returns to the fight against Thanos.
    Notes: The history of Titan shown in this issue will be partly retconned in the backups of What If? #24 and 25.
    Here, Chronos and A'Lars are shown to be kin to the Olympians and that A'Lars was banished to space by his brother, Zeus.
    In the updated version, the gods are actually their Eternal counterparts
    and A'Lars leaves voluntarily to avoid conflict with Zuras (who is referred to as "Zeus" in this issue).

Script by Jim Starlin, pencils by Jim Starlin, inks by Al Milgrom

It's amazing how the Eternals' history often needs amending and/or updating, if not outright retconning.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's amazing how the Eternals' history often needs amending and/or updating, if not outright retconning.
    It’s funny though I feel like that happens with most characters that are overtly powerful. Stories are harder to write/make stakes matter if someone is ridiculously overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    It’s funny though I feel like that happens with most characters that are overtly powerful. Stories are harder to write/make stakes matter if someone is ridiculously overpowered.
    Well, there's that, but there's also the historical context. We went from the Eternals being the Greek gods themselves, to being loosely related to the Greek gods, to possibly maybe sorta kinda being mistaken for the Greek gods, to possibly maybe sorta kinda being mistaken for gods across various pantheons. I'm not complaining, just thought it was an interesting observation. The truth is never objective or empirical in the Marvel Universe.

~James Baldwin