Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure he's implying that. Why can't you buy comics? It's the word can't that makes me curious.
    Language implies that he's either not american or a kid.

If he's not american, the country he's in may just not get supplied with comics and/or online shopping may be an issue. He also may not have an international credit card - which is necessary even if you use paypal.

If he's a kid, we have to let him know how much piracy is prejudicial for the industry.

From the CBR Community Standards & Rules:

NO PROMOTION OF ILLEGAL MATERIAL

Links to illegal download/viewing/streaming sites or material are not allowed. Public domain material, as well as previews, trailers, and clips are fine.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Digital Comics Museum has tons of free public domain comics.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    We're not giving you links to illegally download comic books, if that's what you're asking, and I'm pretty sure it is.
    Read this in Bea Arthur's voice

Yes....I'm not a American boy...also I'm 14 years old... xD
    I'm now using comixology and I found the joker:killing joke for free......

http://limbero.org/jl8

Not officially DC, but great and free

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Why can't you buy comics? It's the word can't that makes me curious.
    He's answered later and differently, but just remember comics are a luxury not an essential. Some people literally can't afford it.

Heck, I can only buy half of what I read due to financial constraints (important stuff, like rent and food), but my LCS owner is a very cool guy and doesn't mind me reading there.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    He's answered later and differently, but just remember comics are a luxury not an essential. Some people literally can't afford it.

Heck, I can only buy half of what I read due to financial constraints (important stuff, like rent and food), but my LCS owner is a very cool guy and doesn't mind me reading there.
    I know, but from his posts I kind of deduced that he was teen, and that's why the word can't was bit out of place imo. Even if he doesn't have an allowance he can get a job like I had to buy comics. I don't think you should illegally download comics, and I definitely thought he was aiming for that. Comixology makes it very possible for anyone with a computer and some spare cash to buy comics now. No offence though
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47