Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: "Disney Infinity 2.0" Brings More than Marvel to the Table

"Disney Infinity 2.0" is an upgrade in nearly every way from the original toys-to-life game, and the Marvel heroes are a valuable addition to the roster.

Full article here.

I know for a fact that I will be buying, Spider-Man, Venom, Nova, Drax, Gamora and Star-Lord. They will look wonderful on my desk. I wonder if they are going to sell Loki, Green Goblin and Ronan as a villain pack.
    I hope Amazon sells a huge discounted package like they did with 1.0.
    How about Alex?

Oh No, Not That Guy Greg McElhatton's Avatar

Potentially stupid question here, but let's say I buy Disney Infinity 2.0, but I also want to at some point play the Incredibles Playset game (which was included in 1.0). If I buy an Incredibles figure is that all I need, or do the Playsets need to somehow be purchased separately? I'm assuming it's the former but I want to make certain.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look closer, I need to get a Playset figure, and for the moment the three that came with the 1.0 (Incredibles, Monsters U, and Pirates) seem to only come with that starter set. Good to know! On the bright side I can still buy the Toy Story Playset separately.
    Last edited by Greg McElhatton; 09-19-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McElhatton View Post
    Potentially stupid question here, but let's say I buy Disney Infinity 2.0, but I also want to at some point play the Incredibles Playset game (which was included in 1.0). If I buy an Incredibles figure is that all I need, or do the Playsets need to somehow be purchased separately? I'm assuming it's the former but I want to make certain.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look closer, I need to get a Playset figure, and for the moment the three that came with the 1.0 (Incredibles, Monsters U, and Pirates) seem to only come with that starter set. Good to know! On the bright side I can still buy the Toy Story Playset separately.

The 6 playsets from the first game will not work with the second only the figures and power disks and then only in the toy box.

If you want to play the incredibles playset just download it for free on PC.

All-New Member

It is a shame we will never see the X-Men or Fantastic Four in this game.

Mighty Member

Awesome to see Marvel! will they also have Muppets and Lucasfilm (SW and Indiana Jones) as well next? and Gargoyles?

Astonishing Member

I personally hope the game includes some spoilers about future events in the animated series: "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors" and "Avengers Assemble". We have quite new characters in the Playsets with potential animated debuts:

1º) Avengers:
    - The Wasp
    - Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    - Lady Sif

2º) Spider-Man:
    - Mysterio
    - Black Cat

3º) Guardians of the Galaxy:
    - Cosmo the Spacedog. (He could appear in Hulk's series, because it seems they are going to be lost in space for a while).

Not to mention the power discs that could point more animated appearances:
    + Black Panther: Black Panther's Adamantium Knives.
    + Jack O'Lantern: Jack O'Lantern's Glider.
    + Ghost Rider (Confirmed for Hulk's series): Ghost Rider's Chain Whip.
    + Winter Soldier: Marvel Team-Up Winter Soldier.
    + Iron Patriot (James Rhodes, not Norman Osborn): Marvel Team-Up Iron Patriot.

Don't you think?