Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Ultimate Spider-Man and Kitty Pryde appreciation thread

Hi everyone this is an appreciation thread for everyone who loved the romance between the Ultimate versions of Spider-Man and Kitty Pryde. It was definitely one of the most interesting relationships in comics and was actually original and unique to the Ultimate Marvel Universe. It is a relationship that helped both characters and is truly missed today. Definitely one of the high points of the Ultimate Marvel Universe. So discuss and enjoy.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Still annoys me that I didn't get a copy of Ultimate Spider-Man 200!

Kitty and Peter were not only the best relationship Peter had but the best relationship the Ultimate universe has! They are the Sue and Reed of their universe!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

BANNED

That spread LaFuente did of Kitty's feelings towards Pete is fantastic. Kinda makes me wish he was back on an Ultimate book, his run on USM was fun.

Always liked him more with Kitty than MJ.
    We need better comics

I think there should be a What If comic asking what if they stayed together after the Clone Saga.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I also thought Kitty was a better and more interesting match for Peter.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I also thought Kitty was a better and more interesting match for Peter.
    It was something new and exciting that we had never seen before. Sure in the mainstream comics the pair have teamed up on a couple of occasions (Like Marvel Tam Up #135) but this was the first time that we saw them have a loving relationship. I still miss it today and I wonder what would have happened if they stayed together.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

I think this was one of, if not the biggest, crown jewel of Bendis' run. It was a nice dynamic and I really enjoyed what he did with it.

Astonishing Member

I think Bendis should have stuck with this relationship if just to further differentiate the Ultimate U from 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I think Bendis should have stuck with this relationship if just to further differentiate the Ultimate U from 616.
    I think he should have and maybe now since Peter is back (if it really is him) maybe they will hook up once more. I feel that when Kitty began dating Spider-Man it was first step of her becoming one of the most memorable characters in the Ultimate Marvel Universe. Before they dated she was more like a background character in the X-Men series who wasn't all that important to the overall story. When she began dating Spider-Man it was the start of her transformation from a superpowered teenager to the leader of an entire race of people.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    That spread LaFuente did of Kitty's feelings towards Pete is fantastic. Kinda makes me wish he was back on an Ultimate book, his run on USM was fun.
    You should check out All New Doop, LaFuente's proper Kitty Pryde is fun as well!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

I loved the differentiation it bought to the characters and it was a perfect fit. It felt like a placeholder for the Mary-Jane relationship and it would have been good if Bendis didn't fall into that easy trap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    You should check out All New Doop, LaFuente's proper Kitty Pryde is fun as well!
    Thanks, will do!

I love this pairing. It sucks that I wasn't reading comics at the time it was happening. I didn't care about Ultimate one bit until I read somewhere that Peter and Kitty once were a couple. I didn't believe it at first because the idea of a relationship between Spider-Man and an X-character was too good to be true and much better if it was with Kitty, a character I love myself. The result was just beautiful. Some of my most cherished comics. It sucks that they broke up. I remember I hated Bendis for weeks after I saw he broke them up just to go back to MJ (a character I hate) but I always take consolation on the fact that Kitty always loved him more and everyone at Marvel knows it (Even in #200 MJ wanted him to go with the Ultimates and don't know what crap, while Kitty just wanted to marry and live a normal life with him. It was so unfair he didn't choose her).

Quote Originally Posted by jdgs View Post
    I love this pairing. It sucks that I wasn't reading comics at the time it was happening. I didn't care about Ultimate one bit until I read somewhere that Peter and Kitty once were a couple. I didn't believe it at first because the idea of a relationship between Spider-Man and an X-character was too good to be true and much better if it was with Kitty, a character I love myself. The result was just beautiful. Some of my most cherished comics. It sucks that they broke up. I remember I hated Bendis for weeks after I saw he broke them up just to go back to MJ (a character I hate) but I always take consolation on the fact that Kitty always loved him more and everyone at Marvel knows it (Even in #200 MJ wanted him to go with the Ultimates and don't know what crap, while Kitty just wanted to marry and live a normal life with him. It was so unfair he didn't choose her).
    I started to read the USM series when she started dating Spider-Man. I saw it from start to end but I really hope that we see moments between them if Peter is really alive.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One