Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Blackman Ignites a War of Assassins in "Elektra"

Series writer Haden Blackman discusses Elektra's upcoming war with the Assassins' Guild, and the events that lead to the "massive showdown."

Full article here.

At least 11 issues? Yes please. Sounds like we're in for an epic conclusion, whether for this first story or the book itself.

Also, not so minor point: those exclusive images of yours are from Sanchez.

11 issues? I'd settle for even 12 but still good to hear. I like what Blackman's been doing so far.

It sounds like maybe it could go beyond that, but we all know how easy it is to read into things with these interviews!

Yep, they always like to have impression the series is ongoing before the press release says so. Even so, this title staying on my pull list.

Great interview! Blackman's passion for the character shines through and we have been lucky to get such a talented writer on this book after Zeb Wells exit. I do except that this book is only running to 11 issues now, the fact he would not talk about plans for the character in 2015 and describing the 11 issues as a 'self contained story' pretty much confirm it. I would have preferred an even 12, well I would really prefer a whole lot more, but I will take what I can get of this amazing book.

Maybe we'll get a special annual.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Maybe we'll get a special annual.
    Fingers crossed! Imagine a wholly Del Mundo illustrated Elektra annual?!?

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Fingers crossed! Imagine a wholly Del Mundo illustrated Elektra annual?!?
    Be still my beating heart

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This book was so much better than I had anticipated. Especially with Blackman's rather lackluster turn on Batwoman. Too bad we're losing this book too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This book was so much better than I had anticipated. Especially with Blackman's rather lackluster turn on Batwoman. Too bad we're losing this book too soon.
    It's a shame it couldn't hold onto it's readers. I've said it a lot but it's mystifying how the readership has fallen with all the critical and fan praise the book has been getting. I would have liked it to make it until at least a full years worth of comics and who knows, we still might?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It's a shame if elektra ends. I do hope they gwt a stories past 11.

That aside, the story is interesting. His comments about leadership makes, me curious. I haven't read elektra past issue 2 and I didn't read Scarlet spider.

What happened to Candra and belledonna
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    It's a shame if elektra ends. I do hope they get a stories past 11.

That aside, the story is interesting. His comments about leadership makes, me curious. I haven't read elektra past issue 2 and I didn't read Scarlet spider.

What happened to Candra and belledonna
    According to Wikipedia Scarlet Spider killed Candra again though she might come back and I don't know what Belladonna is up to. I think they may possibly set up Elektra for a leadership role and have her take over the Assassins Guild herself. If her Skrull doppelganger can lead the Hand why can't the real one do something similar?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

That would be cool
    X-Men Forever

I've been enjoying this book so far, but his statements on the last question doesn't fill me with confidence that it'll go on for more than those 11 issues. Really enjoying the setup with Lady Bullseye becoming Elektra's nemesis.

If it's going to be more of a limited series run, I would've preferred if they had allowed Mike del Mundo to do every issue, skipping a month if necessary. Iron Fist: The Living Weapon had a month off and is getting another one as well as other series in December, not mention Hawkeye. Alex Sanchez is pretty good, but a full run by del Mundo would've been amazing.