Amazing Member

Default 616 Taking From 6160

What are some things 616 have taken from Ultimate?

>Cap's costume
    >Hawkeye's costume
    >The idea of SHIELD controlling the Avengers (happened after Civil War, and again in Avengers #35)
    >The idea of a War Machine squad (Avengers #35)
    >SHIELD logo
    >Sue Storm being a doctor and on the same intellectual level as Reed
    >Monica Chang
    >Chitauri
    >Geldoff!
    >The concept of keeping Peter young and still dating
    Last edited by SpeedofLife; 09-19-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Nick Fury Jr

I'm surprised they didn't make a 616 Triskelion after Cap 2
    We need better comics

For the record, the UU is 1610, not 6160. But that's just semantics and what not.

As to your point, I'm not sure why it really matters. Sure, it's nice to have unique things in the UU, but there are still plenty of them. And it's not like most of the stuff in the UU wasn't taken from the original 616 comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    For the record, the UU is 1610, not 6160. But that's just semantics and what not.

As to your point, I'm not sure why it really matters. Sure, it's nice to have unique things in the UU, but there are still plenty of them. And it's not like most of the stuff in the UU wasn't taken from the original 616 comics.
    I didn't really see it as an 'attack' but moreso what originated in 1610 and was such a success/good idea that it got adopted into the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant_Lover View Post
    I didn't really see it as an 'attack' but moreso what originated in 1610 and was such a success/good idea that it got adopted into the 616.
    I think it might of been Plawsky who's said this before, but Ultimate was like a playground for creators, were the wouldn't be as restricted as they would have in 616.
    "A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

Sidenote: The movies took a bit from 1610 too...

BANNED

The movies take from the early UU, unoriginal 616 editors take from the movies.

What baffles me here is that this is the perfect opportunity for Marvel to push the Ultimates and make great coin but nope.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    The movies take from the early UU, unoriginal 616 editors take from the movies.

What baffles me here is that this is the perfect opportunity for Marvel to push the Ultimates and make great coin but nope.
    So a recursive loop of adaptation, then?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Nick Fury Jr was such a useless character. I can't believe they'd do a stupid decision of making Nick Fury have a black son which looks like 1610 Nick Fury. It just confuses people and it would make people think that the black Nick Fury is mainly in 616. It's like Marvel want the Ultimate Universe to end

Hello all I'm a new member of the community, and new to comic books in general. My favorite comic book character is Black Panther! The reason why pick this thread is I'm little confused about all the universes that marvel has to offer. I know little bit about Earth 616, but very confused about everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    Hello all I'm a new member of the community, and new to comic books in general. My favorite comic book character is Black Panther! The reason why pick this thread is I'm little confused about all the universes that marvel has to offer. I know little bit about Earth 616, but very confused about everything else!
    Hi there welcome to the CBR boards! Black Panther is indeed an awesome character and he has a counter part in the Ultimate Universe (which is universe 1610) so if you are looking for more Black Panther here you will find him in the Ultimate Captain America Annual and in Ultimates 3 (kind of). If you are looking for the main version of the Black Panther your best place to look on this site is the Marvel Comics Forum. It covers all the marvel characters that don't have a dedicated forum.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

SHIELD becoming more involve with heroes and the US

Lately, the odd habit of replacing iconic heroes for one reason or another.