Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Fox follow Disney's lead and make an animated film?

Disney's animated version of Big Hero 6 may end up being huge. Would its success influence Fox to want to have Blue Sky (the animation studio they own) follow suit and adapt a less well known X-title as an animated film? What would you like to see? Or do you think it would be a bad idea? I admit I would love an animated Gen X- but at the same time Id have reservations about the studio behind the Ice Age movies handling it.

BTW: Disney Gogo practically screams Jubilee...

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Huge? I think it's offensive that Disney has essentially white-washed most of the BH6 characters.

Honey Lemon was ruined.

They should adapt Uncanny X-Men 165 to 175 into an awesome animated series! Without having to worry about live action special effects, they could do those issues real justice!

They could also just animate X-Men Misfits too and get those sweet anime crowd
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Huge? I think it's offensive that Disney has essentially white-washed most of the BH6 characters.
    Sure... white-washing is what Disney does best. You think soccer mom & dad and their kids care? its gonna make lotsa bank.

I dont know anything about comic HL but Disney HL is basically the "princess" stand in(gotta rake in those "Frozen mom/daughters".)
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 09-19-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Fantastic Member

New Mutants could be a great start to an animated unvierse.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    New Mutants could be a great start to an animated unvierse.
    oh my! Imagine a Demon Bear animated film!?! that would be awesome!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Incredible Member

I dont think Fox has animation rights to X-men though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I dont think Fox has animation rights to X-men though
    It does beg the question of which rights this would fall under. Would it fall under the animated rights just because of the medium, or would a feature-length theatrical release classify it under "film" rights?

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    oh my! Imagine a Demon Bear animated film!?! that would be awesome!
    A thousand times this. I'd love to see any New Mutants animated anything, pretty much...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It does beg the question of which rights this would fall under. Would it fall under the animated rights just because of the medium, or would a feature-length theatrical release classify it under "film" rights?
    yeah Im still not clear about all that. If "live action" wasnt specifically mentioned when considering film rights, Fox could have some leeway.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    yeah Im still not clear about all that. If "live action" wasnt specifically mentioned when considering film rights, Fox could have some leeway.
    I'm pretty sure Fox have the rights to live-action movies only.

Amazing Member

In the age where they are milking far too many "universes" for my taste, i welcome any attempt that would be it's own and not tied into a universe i'm not that intrigued by. Even if the movie produced doesn't do much for me, it's the chance i'd appreciate all the more.

On the BH6, the preview for the movie did look funny. Doesn't look good as an adaption of the comic, but then most Disney films are great films but bad adaptions anyway. So I wouldn't expect anything different from this film.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    They should adapt Uncanny X-Men 165 to 175 into an awesome animated series! Without having to worry about live action special effects, they could do those issues real justice!
    You just want to see Rogue punched through the School's roof, right? :-p
    Start with issue #164, and we can see Carol become Binary!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Yes the should do a Secret invasion 4 part cross over with Xmen Fantastic 4 not based on the movies
    Part 1 intro FF, X, shared universe intro fighting off A non dilvet Sufer herold. Skrull waych from cloaked ship
    Part 2 goverment passes mutant regastration snatches mutant children and make a grab for Franklin. Skrulls starting to infiltate giv
    Part 3 simple fun villan stopping with jonny marring skrull,seral new, missing Xmen are skrulls. Ends fighting juggernaught.
    Part 4 Shiar cruser destroyed entering milky way by Skrull armada, invasion commences, and fails.

So yes the possibilites are many.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

NO. No. No. No. No. NO.

I'm sorry, but IMHO major film studios (with the exception of Pixar) haven't got enough qualities to make a decent animation movie, they're absolutely contaminated by grimaces and rough dessign and movements.

Not to mention their poor plot development --and their fixation for songs XP !
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 09-20-2014 at 04:19 AM.