Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    What was especially bad about DC's stunt was that iirc the Green Lantern that they changed to being gay had a gay adopted son or something like that, that they could have pushed and used instead...
    It was his actual son, Obsidian...but they wouldn't have been able to pretend HE was the original GL...there was also a daughter Jade that was a pretty cool character in her own right...both wiped from existence now...if they ever do come back, they'll be totally different characters with totally different personalities and backstories...one in a long list of reasons I don't give a crap about the New 52.

Ultimate Member

I wasn't saying that Obsidian would have been GL, only that if they wanted a gay character they could have just introduced him and gone with it...

Astonishing Member

I wasn't saying that Obsidian would have been GL, only that if they wanted a gay character they could have just introduced him and gone with it...
    I realize that...but he already existed as a gay character and wasn't well known...no one would have cared...what made it a big deal was claiming the original GL was suddenly gay...even when it wasn't actually the original.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

People did get mad at Marvel having Wolverine kill Northstar, based completely on his sexuality, their view was that you couldn't kill a gay character for that reason alone.
    There aren't a lot of long standing gay characters. Killing endangered species is usually frowned upon.
    Despite that Marvel killed Northstar three times that month (the other two being in alternate continuities like X-Men The End and the new Age of Apocalypse).

There should have been some sort of in story thing since as I recall the other characters in X-Men didn't all know Northstar was back the next issue (and under mind control).

BANNED

How come there wasn't as much outrage when Wolverine killed Northstar? Was it because he wasn't in his clear mind?
    Because Wolverine's actions weren't motivated by his own personal demons.
    Scott on the other hand literally spells out his reason before he kills his pseudodaddy:"You are not my father".
    Scott's personal emotional troubles killed Xavier. Wolverine was brainwashed.
    Big difference.

People did get mad at Marvel having Wolverine kill Northstar, based completely on his sexuality, their view was that you couldn't kill a gay character for that reason alone.
    Errr... NO. People got mad that Northstar was killed THREE TIMES in THREE different X-comics IN THE SAME MONTH!!!

EDIT - ah, Pretender beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Errr... NO. People got mad that Northstar was killed THREE TIMES in THREE different X-comics IN THE SAME MONTH!!!

EDIT - ah, Pretender beat me to it.
    Poor Northstar, i think that its record.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Poor Northstar, i think that its record.
    Agreed. I can't think of anyone else killed three times in three comics in one month. But the main thing is Logan apologised... oh... wait...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    How come there wasn't as much outrage when Wolverine killed Northstar? Was it because he wasn't in his clear mind?
    Let's be honest here, who cares about Northstar?

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Because Wolverine's actions weren't motivated by his own personal demons.
    Scott on the other hand literally spells out his reason before he kills his pseudodaddy:"You are not my father".
    Scott's personal emotional troubles killed Xavier. Wolverine was brainwashed.
    Big difference.
    You sure about that? The scene where Logan is basically thinking about raping Rachel sure seemed wrought with personal demons...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You sure about that? The scene where Logan is basically thinking about raping Rachel sure seemed wrought with personal demons...
    Yeah it was obviously still him in there...twisted though he was.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Doing what to Rachel? What scene are you talking about?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Doing what to Rachel? What scene are you talking about?
    There's a scene where Rachel is basically at his mercy and he's thinking about how much she's like Jean...there was definitely a sinister undercurrent there.

But how many Nathaniel Richards died during Hickman's Fantastic Four/Future Foundation runs!?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed. I can't think of anyone else killed three times in three comics in one month. But the main thing is Logan apologised... oh... wait...
    The weird thing is, Logan did apologize...but for the part that wasn't his fault (killing Jean-Paul while brainwashed) instead of the shitty deed he was actually responsible for (letting everyone think Jean-Paul was dead while he was alive and in SHIELD custody for de-programming).