Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Questions

Default X-Questions

I have some X-related questions from several titles I'm reading.

1. When did mutants start calling Jubilee, Jubilation? It's starting to become a trend I've noticed.

2. At one point in X-Men (Lady team), why did the art "zoom in" on the cat guy's arm with the tattoo? What this a foreshadowing of some kind?

3. Why did the Shi'ar decide to eradicate the Gray family? I thought it was the Pheonix they were after, not the Gray blood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TedderX View Post

1. When did mutants start calling Jubilee, Jubilation? It's starting to become a trend I've noticed.
    I know Jubilation is her full first name, and Jubilee doesn't care for it. Why they've started using it more often I can't say.

3. Why did the Shi'ar decide to eradicate the Gray family? I thought it was the Pheonix they were after, not the Gray blood.
    The Greys are closely associated with the Phoenix. Eliminate the Grey line and they can't serve as hosts.

Astonishing Member

2. At one point in X-Men (Lady team), why did the art "zoom in" on the cat guy's arm with the tattoo? What this a foreshadowing of some kind?

I can answer a couple of these anyway.

1. Jubilation was always her actual name...she just doesn't usually go by it.

2. I don't read that book so I'm not sure which "cat guy" or tatoo you're talking about.

3. The Shi'ar decided to take out the Greys because they were terrified of the Phoenix and more than one Grey had been host to the Phoenix (Jean & Rachel). It was a storyline by Claremont in Uncanny X-Men about 10 years back called "End of Greys." Of course, they only actually succeeded in killing Greys that had nothing to do with the Phoenix and pissing off the ones that did.

Although she isn't that fond of it - certain characters, like Hank and Storm, will sometimes refer to her by her full name. It basically depends of the character and the situation. (X-Men with more formal patterns of speech, might call her Jubilation. Hank's done it for years and Jubes seems fine with it.)

If they are miffed at her, they tend to call her by her full name as well.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 09-04-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Because the Shi'ar are petty much asshole control freaks who think they have the right to do whatever they want. That empire has been a mess since they were first introduced with either incompotent or flat out evil rulers and egos to match. The next time a big universe level threat comes along I am hoping it will be the Shi'ar's turn to have their heads handed to them like the Kree and Skrulls have in the last few decades. I just wish the Inhumans and the Kree had kicked their asses harder during the War of Kings storyline.

I didn't read the issue where Cyclops kills Professor X.

Was it Cyclops that killed him or was it the Phoenix that killed him?

Astonishing Member

I didn't read the issue where Cyclops kills Professor X.

Was it Cyclops that killed him or was it the Phoenix that killed him?
    Both...it was Cyclops possessed by the Phoenix.

I remember as a kid watching Fox's X-Men cartoon series, and I still have the movies.

I remember that all of the "X's" on the uniforms of the X-Men were radios/walkie talkies.

I'm reading X-Factor now (Havok, Polaris, Multiple Man, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane) and they have similar communications devices.

How come current X-Men don't have a communication device as part of their uniforms? You can't always have a telepath handy.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Who's to say they DON'T?

But yeah... probably due to aesthetic preference or maybe just to avoid making things too complicated/gimmicky.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Default Uncanny X-Men

Uncanny X-Men

Ok, I think I've finally caught up on the current Uncanny X-Men and I have some questions.

1. What volume of Uncanny X-Men is this? I'm assuming that's how they keep it separated from other Uncanny X-Men titles.

2. Issue 19 was "19NOW" and issue (I think) 17 was "17IHU". What does that mean?

3. Tempus is now using her time bubbles as a shield, and putting herself and other teammates in her time bubble. Wouldn't that mean they're frozen in time, and Tempus can't cut if off? Also, one issue mentions her time bubbles don't stop time, they are "time travel bubbles". How does that work out?

4. #18 had the weird panel dividers using Cyclops' eye beams. How cool was that?!?!? A little harder to read but I thought it was pretty sweet.

5. #17 when they're in a training and Hijack gives away their position to SHIELD by using his cell phone, where does Tempus go? She mentions to one of the Stepfood Coo Coo sisters not to tell anyone because Tempus knew she could read her mind.

6. Kitty Pryde and the O5 were taking shelter with the UXM, then they disappear. But the story side steps that, even though Cyclops vows to get them back. Where did they go? It's like they fell of the face of the Earth.

7. The changing guy (sorry I don't know his name). His power is to take form of someone he is near, like a shapeshifter. He mentions "but I'm gay" when the White Queen is training him to meet girls. Is he actually gay or was that one of those "haha, I'm too scared to do it, so I'll joke I'm gay"? And, what is his code name?

8. Can the Stepford Coo Coo sisters take diamond form like their mom, White Queen?

9. Hijack is kicked off the team, then makes an appearance back to save the UXM from the SHIELD Hellicarier/Sentinel attack. Does that mean he's on the team again?

10. Tempus is hot. I'm really enjoying her character.

11. Tempus Tempus Tempus! Oh, and Dazzler!

Uncanny X-Men

Ok, I think I've finally caught up on the current Uncanny X-Men and I have some questions.

1. What volume of Uncanny X-Men is this? I'm assuming that's how they keep it separated from other Uncanny X-Men titles.

2. Issue 19 was "19NOW" and issue (I think) 17 was "17IHU". What does that mean?

3. Tempus is now using her time bubbles as a shield, and putting herself and other teammates in her time bubble. Wouldn't that mean they're frozen in time, and Tempus can't cut if off? Also, one issue mentions her time bubbles don't stop time, they are "time travel bubbles". How does that work out?

4. #18 had the weird panel dividers using Cyclops' eye beams. How cool was that?!?!? A little harder to read but I thought it was pretty sweet.

5. #17 when they're in a training and Hijack gives away their position to SHIELD by using his cell phone, where does Tempus go? She mentions to one of the Stepfood Coo Coo sisters not to tell anyone because Tempus knew she could read her mind.

6. Kitty Pryde and the O5 were taking shelter with the UXM, then they disappear. But the story side steps that, even though Cyclops vows to get them back. Where did they go? It's like they fell of the face of the Earth.

7. The changing guy (sorry I don't know his name). His power is to take form of someone he is near, like a shapeshifter. He mentions "but I'm gay" when the White Queen is training him to meet girls. Is he actually gay or was that one of those "haha, I'm too scared to do it, so I'll joke I'm gay"? And, what is his code name?

8. Can the Stepford Coo Coo sisters take diamond form like their mom, White Queen?

9. Hijack is kicked off the team, then makes an appearance back to save the UXM from the SHIELD Hellicarier/Sentinel attack. Does that mean he's on the team again?

10. Tempus is hot. I'm really enjoying her character.

11. Tempus Tempus Tempus! Oh, and Dazzler!
    Hey, hopefully I can help but I'm only going to answer the actual questions, not the opinions(sorry)

1. I believe it's volume 3

2.19.now was to be part of All-new Marvel Now and 17.IHU was meant for Inhumanity

3.I'm not entirely sure how it works, she can freeze time and space, while also time traveling. I just roll with it.

5. She time traveled into the future, the story of where she went will be revealed in Uncanny X-men annual.

6. That was the trial of Jean Grey crossover between All-new X-men and Guardians of the Galaxy

7.He is gay, and his codename is Morph.

8.Yes they can.

9. Yes he is.

Hope that I've been of some help to you.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey, hopefully I can help but I'm only going to answer the actual questions, not the opinions(sorry)

1. I believe it's volume 3

2.19.now was to be part of All-new Marvel Now and 17.IHU was meant for Inhumanity

3.I'm not entirely sure how it works, she can freeze time and space, while also time traveling. I just roll with it.

5. She time traveled into the future, the story of where she went will be revealed in Uncanny X-men annual.

6. That was the trial of Jean Grey crossover between All-new X-men and Guardians of the Galaxy

7.He is gay, and his codename is Morph.

8.Yes they can.

9. Yes he is.

Hope that I've been of some help to you.
    What is Uncanny X-Men Annual?

What is Uncanny X-Men Annual?
    They are going to be two annuals for the Tempus journey in the future but they haven't been released yet. Tempus IS great!

Think of it like a one-shot story that still has continuity with-in the ongoing series, and as it's name suggests it comes out once a year. I believe the Uncanny X-men annual with Tempus story will be out in November.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It'll be out in November? I'll keep an eye out!

What was last year's Annual?

And, how do you guys know this stuff beforehand?