Fantastic Member

Default Mab: The Queen of Air and Darkness Vs Dr. Doom

No prep.
    Fight takes place in Artis Tor, or fight takes place anywhere with Mab at full power.

1) The fight is restricted to Magic Only
    2) All out fight
    3) Doombots (whatever number one can guess Doom has used over the years) take the place of the outsiders and assault Mab Fae forces.

Winner can only be crowned via Death or TKO of over 1 hour.

Bonus- Doom from Books of Doom takes Harry place at the begging of the series. This is kid doom right after he tried to bring his mom back for the first time.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Hard to say, really. Mab is talked up a lot, but seems to have little in terms of actual feats. She and Titania made an arena where immortals could die, but that was a collaborative effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Hard to say, really. Mab is talked up a lot, but seems to have little in terms of actual feats. She and Titania made an arena where immortals could die, but that was a collaborative effort.
    Actually, if you read Changes, Mab can summon the Table alone anytime she wishes. As far as feats, lets' see

Altering/wiping someone's memory with no effort -- check (Small Favor)
    Altering the weather on a world wide scale, both from the NeverNever and just by being on the earth -- check (several books)
    Teleportation - check
    Controlling someone's actions with just a a thought - check (most notably in Summer Knight and in Small Favor)
    Walking on Water - check
    Extracting a body from the depths of Lake Michigan and keeping that person from dying - check
    Have the strength to lift a grown man up by his shirt (okay, that was Titania, but if she can do it so can Mab) - Check
    Transporting someone's soul from their body into the NeverNever as if their whole physical body was there - check
    Reality altering - check
    Telekinesis - check
    Immortality - check

And that is just a few of the things I can remember. The Author has said that the only way to take her down would be if the entire White Council (All 5,000 Wizards) worked together)

Without Prep Doom is going to spend eternity as an Iceberg, if he's lucky. Considering what she did to her Previous Winter Knight, he'd be lucky to get off that easy.

With Prep, if he managed to catch her on Halloween, on earth, and unprepared he might stand a chance.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I suppose that's what I get for asking advice from someone who's deliberately keeping me in the dark so I'll borrow and read more of the books. As previously mentioned, I'm about halfway through Summer Knight at this point.

Flat-out reality alteration is a bit above Doom's pay grade, but all the rest is stuff that he can probably handle. It's important to remember that he hangs with Strange in terms of raw magical power, and very well might have the strongest will in all of comics. Messing with his mind and/or soul is not likely to go the same way as doing it to a random schmuck or lesser wizard

That being said, I'm going to bow out of this thread before some big-ass (or bigger-ass) spoilers get dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

charge

Mab is written as a force of nature, one of *the* forces of nature, probably more powerful than the Red King and Odin. Unfortunately, she's also the kind of person (fae?) who uses servants, guile, skill and manipulation do achieve her goals so we don't really see her raw power very much. If Doom were dumped in the arena opposite her he's probably loose 9 time out of 10. He'd do worse without his armor and with Mab's court arrayed against him as well, like the op.

Given prep however, he's perfectly capable of killing Mab and either taking the mantle of winter queen for himself or forcing it upon a willing pawn.

Astonishing Member

I guess when you completely neuter ninety percent of Doom's arsenal Mab has a chance of taking him. Though quite frankly from those listed feats part of them I don't recall happening and the other part of them involved mitigating factors (she was able to control Harry like a puppet because he was indebted to her and she was able to bring the dead to life only with the help of Demonhead, to bring up two examples).
    Last edited by wjowski; 05-06-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I guess when you completely neuter ninety percent of Doom's arsenal Mab has a chance of taking him. Though quite frankly from those listed feats part of them I don't recall happening and the other part of them involved mitigating factors (she was able to control Harry like a puppet because he was indebted to her and she was able to bring the dead to life only with the help of Demonhead, to bring up two examples).
    More of a technicality due to her Sidhe nature, not really a reflection on her powers. And as far as DemonReach is concerned, Mab might not have needed help if Uriel hadn't got involved. Besides, DemonReach had a stake in keeping him alive, and it never hurts for Mab to be on DR's good side.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    More of a technicality due to her Sidhe nature, not really a reflection on her powers. And as far as DemonReach is concerned, Mab might not have needed help if Uriel hadn't got involved. Besides, DemonReach had a stake in keeping him alive, and it never hurts for Mab to be on DR's good side.
    Given I don't remember her making anyone else stab themselves in the hand but Harry, with Harry elaborating at length that she shouldn't be able to do that normally, I'm going to have to disagree. Also, Uriel did nothing to impede or assist in Harry's resurrection as far as I remember. Harry was shot, fell into the lake, got rescued by Mab (who herself said she was able to do it because his body fell into her domain (the bottom of Lake Michigan is fairly cold and dark) and she took him to Demonhead with both of them working together to fix him up. Thus, also given that she never showed any ability to raise the dead on her own (see: Maeve) I'm going to have to disagree on this one too.

All-New Member

I shudder about how angry Mab would be if a mere mortal tried to attack her. And if she was that angry she wouldn't lay any bonds on herself, and simply tell Dr. Doom how angry at him she was. With all her power. At the centre of her power. Mab's voice is a part of her power, and let's not remember that when she did her best to hold back her rage, her voice still tore at the mind of Harry, who is pretty strong willed for a mortal.

If we look at the Red King, a lesser god backed up by minor gods, had a psychic punch strong enough that it required the intervention of an Archangel, through one of the mightiest divine artefacts in existence to fight it, at the centre of their power. Mab is stronger. Her handmaiden was strong enough to take out the Lords of Outer Night when and where they were at their strongest. And this fight takes place at the centre of HER power? A word from her, spoken in anger to incapacitate him, then freeze him up, and spend a few years trying to explain how arrogant he was.

This isn't a fight. Sorry Doom.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Actually, if you read Changes, Mab can summon the Table alone anytime she wishes. As far as feats, lets' see

Altering/wiping someone's memory with no effort -- check (Small Favor)
    Altering the weather on a world wide scale, both from the NeverNever and just by being on the earth -- check (several books)
    Teleportation - check
    Controlling someone's actions with just a a thought - check (most notably in Summer Knight and in Small Favor)
    Walking on Water - check
    Extracting a body from the depths of Lake Michigan and keeping that person from dying - check
    Have the strength to lift a grown man up by his shirt (okay, that was Titania, but if she can do it so can Mab) - Check
    Transporting someone's soul from their body into the NeverNever as if their whole physical body was there - check
    Reality altering - check
    Telekinesis - check
    Immortality - check

And that is just a few of the things I can remember. The Author has said that the only way to take her down would be if the entire White Council (All 5,000 Wizards) worked together)

Without Prep Doom is going to spend eternity as an Iceberg, if he's lucky. Considering what she did to her Previous Winter Knight, he'd be lucky to get off that easy.

With Prep, if he managed to catch her on Halloween, on earth, and unprepared he might stand a chance.
    To what extent did she alter reality? I tend to think of magic more as magic than reality warping in most instances. And doom has faced of against people whose magic probably operates similar to her alterations of stuff.

Also, I wonder if he could bind her with the Crismon bands.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Doom is allowed to use any tech or magic spells he has at his disposal. I removed BFR as a win, but I would think Mab could return from most places Doom could send her. Likewise, given Mab cannot die of natural causes, she could live for Millions of years until they were to meet again. It'd be the Marquis tossing back to the dinosaurs all over again sort of thing. I guess she could be trapped in some kind of time loop or something uses tech, although I am fairly certain Doom doesn't have that as standard equipment.

Also, I would think Doom's armor being metal kind of helps him in all scenarios. Especially in scenario 1 where it is just Doom Vs Mab (whereas S2 is Doom against any forces Mab decides to bring to bear).

Mighty Member

Couldn't Doom just go back in time & kill this Mab?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How much iron is in Doom's armor? And if the Table is present, then he can probably just blast her in the face with a very potent energy blast door the win, at least in his armor.

With prep, he could probably power drain her and then teleport her into the heart of the sun, or something.

BANNED

I think you guys are kind of...giving Mab too much credit here. She is certainly SUPPOSED to be very powerful, but her overall feats in the book? Eh, not THAT impressive in comparison to Doom. Doom has the better reaction time I would think, and Mab has more or less zero durability feats. Why can't he just vaporize her from the start?

I'm not saying she isn't powerful, but at the level where she can beat people like Doom? Eh..nothing I've seen so far indicates that. It is implied definitely, but actual feats..don't support it. Unless I am really forgetting a really awesome feat for Mab. She's not exactly a good rumbles character to be honest, a lot of her power is implied.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-07-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    To what extent did she alter reality? I tend to think of magic more as magic than reality warping in most instances. And doom has faced of against people whose magic probably operates similar to her alterations of stuff.

Also, I wonder if he could bind her with the Crismon bands.

Doom is allowed to use any tech or magic spells he has at his disposal. I removed BFR as a win, but I would think Mab could return from most places Doom could send her. Likewise, given Mab cannot die of natural causes, she could live for Millions of years until they were to meet again. It'd be the Marquis tossing back to the dinosaurs all over again sort of thing. I guess she could be trapped in some kind of time loop or something uses tech, although I am fairly certain Doom doesn't have that as standard equipment.

Also, I would think Doom's armor being metal kind of helps him in all scenarios. Especially in scenario 1 where it is just Doom Vs Mab (whereas S2 is Doom against any forces Mab decides to bring to bear).
    I misread the opening post, my apologies. Well in that case Doom pretty much walks all over her.