Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If I lived in NY in the Marvel Universe I would move to Connecticut Or New Jersey. The worst that could happen would be an invitation to either Maury Povich or Jerry Springer TV shows.
    most Helicarrier crashes happen outside of New York. Roxxon Oil is based in New Jersey. the Maggia also does a lot of business there. Connecticut might be a bit safer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by first_citizenx View Post
    Yup! If I had powers of any kind, I'd rule over my hometown of Detroit! I mean, no characters call Detroit home, so it'd be wide open.

Also, most of the super powered ladies are hot, so it would be cool to scope them out

are you forgetting the origin of the Avengers? hint: it took place in Detroit.

I'd have at least a marginal chance of manifesting mutant powers, but since I'd be a citizen of the Marvel Universe, I would have no control over which power I'd have, nor would I have the kind of genre-savvy that comes with reading the comics. Granted, Marvel Comics exists in the MU and publishes superhero comics, but it's been shown more than once that what's written in the comics are quite different than what goes on in the MU.

I was born in North Dakota, raised in Texas, went to college in Kansas, and bounced around between North Dakota and Texas since then, so my personal exposure to superheroes/villains would be minimal. Of course, Forge lives in Dallas, and the X-Men and Spider-Man have shown up there, so there would still be exposure. And Texas does have its relatively small share of costumed folks that are hardly ever seen because of Marvel's heavy focus on New York. It's entirely possible there might be superheroes and villains in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex that haven't shown up in the comics. All I can recommend, though, is that some mode of transportation or travel power would be useful: webswinging like Spider-Man would be useless outside of Downtown Dallas and Fort Worth, so a car, flight, or teleportation would make the commute more bearable.

Would I still be interested in superheroes in a world where they exist? I don't know. Maybe. I could see myself being fascinated with superpowers, and actually wanting to go to New York to meet the most famous ones. I'd just be missing some critical information about who these heroes are, thanks to secret identities.

If I had some power or powers, I think I would survive. I would be quiet and stay out of trouble as much as possible, to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    most Helicarrier crashes happen outside of New York. Roxxon Oil is based in New Jersey. the Maggia also does a lot of business there. Connecticut might be a bit safer.
    Stamford, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It would be a very different place. I mean everyone there knows alien life exists so that would have to effect everything form politics to religion.
    Evidently public school teachers don't believe it, despite multiple alien invasions. Or Sam Alexander in Nova just has a crank for a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    are you forgetting the origin of the Avengers? hint: it took place in Detroit.
    Oh, yeah. I'd forgotten that last scene took place in an auto factory.

Winged ants must fly really fast in the MU.

Really, I don't see how ANY sane person would want to live in the New York of the Marvel universe. It's not even a nice place to visit, since it's practically a war zone every week.

Don't get too attached to your cars, because sooner or later the Hulk, the Thing, or some super-villain is going to pick it up and toss it at somebody and it'll get smashed, trashed, and otherwise made a useless piece of junk.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Bring it on. I'd be the crazy flatscan guy begging to live in the Jean Grey School.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 05-13-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I'll be an apprentice in the Himalayas. For my magic school training.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

I live in Canada, so I'd only be in trouble every ten years or so, when Alpha Flight gets their own series...and even then, usually not for very long.

With my luck I'd end up manifesting mutant powers and end up looking like Beak.

Or I'd become a Hand ninja. Those Hand guys always die and come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Or I'd become a Hand ninja. Those Hand guys always die and come back.
    Hate to break it to you, most of them just die and dissolve. Only a few elite ones get resurrected by their rites.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Stamford, remember?

unless you're a lot younger than i think, you'd have nothing to worry about.