Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Would you be able to handle living in the Marvel Universe

Considering how dangerous, expensive and stressful it is. Would you have powers and be hated or targeted or normal and have to be a innocent bystander that suffered through damages and fear of death. Would you fear mutants or inhumans or would tolerant in some limits. Where would you live, and also how will your level of ignorance(being ignorant that your planet always closed to being conquest and everywhere there's monsters, vampires, supervillians, ect ) affect your mentality?

that's a tough question, I don't know whether is good to have powers to defend yourself or powers will make you a target, my family will probably disown me if I turn out to be a mutant and you realize your powers will be a danger and even if you go to the xavier or jean grey school for training, you are in a place that is a constant target to be destroyed. let's not even mention, the danger of genocidal giant robots. I probably be afraid to go out on night if I find out that vampires are real and other kinds of monster. so many variables, its so confusing hahahahah.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 05-06-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Good god no. Especially not in New York. There's a massive catastrophe happening every other week over in the Marvel U.

BANNED

if i had powers, i could survive. the only requirement is being able to switch loyalties at a moment's notice. i'd go work for the CSA or something. it doesn't matter how corrupt that organization is, Val Cooper and Gyrich keep finding work. and they keep giving really bad people jobs. heck, these shadowy government organizations will pay me even if i have a lousy win record. just how many times did Freedom Force get their rears handed to them?

yes, why not? apparently even super-villains ignore cities that are not new york or los angeles. Some enterprising lower-level supervillain might actually get to become the kingpin of a small town because of the lack of superhero presence in non-NYC/L.A. communities.

I like to think that I'd at least get some kind of powers or a mutation that are useful enough to keep myself safe but inconspicuous enough to allow me to blend into the background. The Marvel world is a dangerous world. I definitely wouldn't want to be just a random defenseless human. (Though if I said I wouldn't take the chance to live there if I was given it I would be a liar)

I'll move to Asia or South America, nothing seems to happen there these days in the MU

Depends on your definition of "handle". I would either have powers or I would get powers-- or die trying, I suppose, which I am comfortable with-- and I've got a pretty good idea of which heroes and which villains I believe I could work with fairly well, and which ones I would have to avoid. (And which ones I can neither work with nor avoid.) Main problem is that in the real world, there's really only one country I can live in peacefully, because of my moral beliefs, and that's the USA; in the Marvel Universe, not even the USA would be an acceptable option, especially after Civil War and Dark Reign.

On the other hand, with the right powerset I could do fairly well for myself as an outlaw and operate comfortably in the grey zone between "good guys" and "bad guys", until my plans locked into place and I could get permanently off-world-- and then I'd settle in as a pretty reliable "good guy" on the cosmic level.