Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    May as well go watch Super Friends.
    Actually, I should do that.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

The only sensible reason I can see for people liking Supeman and Wonder Woman better in War better than JL/JLU is if they ship Superman and Wonder Woman. And I suspect some here do. In such a case, I believe their judgment is clouded by that.
    Making an assumption for the expressed purpose of dismissing an opposing viewpoint is not sensible in of itself. I think their characterizations as individuals were poor in the Timmverse. Superman I found bland and boring, he had the personality of a rock. The power levels never bothered me, its that he just wasn't interesting. With Wonder Woman I didn't like her moody attitude and playing her off as Batman's love interest because no one knew what to do with her. And that's not me talking, that's him, he admitted he didn't know what to do with her. And it showed. It goes no further than that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-21-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Hopefully this means we can actually have the real WW, one who will break your neck if you look at her the wrong way.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Hopefully this means we can actually have the real WW, one who will break your neck if you look at her the wrong way.
    That's Kal-El's Job now

I'm not even a Wonder Woman fan and I find that to be a terrible idea.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Could a Mod fix the title and make the I in Timm lower case?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

That's not Wonder Woman. That's New 52 Wonder Female Dog.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Making an assumption for the expressed purpose of dismissing an opposing viewpoint is not sensible. I think their characterizations as individuals were poor in the Timmverse. Superman I found bland and powering, regardless of the fluctuating power levels he saw. With Wonder Woman I didn't like her attitude and playing her off as Batman's love interest because no one knew what to do with her. And that's not me talking, that's him, he admitted he doesn't get her. It goes no further than that.
    the reckless superman and the angry happy sword WW these are awful interpretation of the characters, the worse that i ever saw.
    i stick with timm, that made them closer to what they should be

Fair enough, I simply disagree and am not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    That's also circa Infinite Crisis era Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    > New 52
    > I'm literally unaware of her even breaking someones neck since the reboot
    > I have an entire folder of her breaking necks pre-52

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

She's quite awesome in the New 52, if one reads her own book and SM/WW. If all you see her in is JL, then I understand the dissatisfaction. But that doesn't reflect how she's portrayed elsewhere. Its a pretty unfortunate exception to the rule. Johns CAN do better with her, we've seen instances of it, but heaven help me to figure out a reason why for the most part he insists on writing a bastardization.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-21-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    the reckless superman and the angry happy sword WW these are awful interpretation of the characters, the worse that i ever saw.
    i stick with timm, that made them closer to what they should be
    Agreed. Plus there was Wonder Woman's terribly annoying voice actress and the way her dialogue was delivered.

"YES, WE'LL HAVE ICE CREAM!!!" *waves sword around*

Ugh... was that supposed to be funny, or something?

BANNED

> New 52
    > I'm literally unaware of her even breaking someones neck since the reboot
    > I have an entire folder of her breaking necks pre-52

post of the day
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    She's quite awesome in the New 52, if one reads her own book and SM/WW. If all you see her in is JL, then I understand the dissatisfaction. But that doesn't reflect how she's portrayed elsewhere. Its a pretty unfortunate exception to the rule.
    also this

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I can't ever recall Superman and Wonder Woman being incredibly weak or incompetent. Besides, mega feats don't make characters great. Just because Superman is not juggling moons does not mean he isn't a great character.
    He got his ass kicked over and over again. He's the greatest hero of all time. You'd never guess it JL.

Wonder Woman? She actually had a hard time fighting two powerless crimefighters, an two women with moderate superstrength. She was mind controlled and actually TRYING to kill them. Wonder Woman. Holding nothing back. Trying to kill four women she outclasses in every way. And she actually had to struggle with them.

'Nuff said.

Plus, Wonder Woman showed plenty of compassion in the show. She was a well rounded character. Sometimes she displayed character flaws. All the characters did. There's nothing wrong with that. If everyone was always perfect, I doubt the show would be as popular as it is. May as well go watch Super Friends.
    Why do you assume that because I didn't like her characterization in Justice League, then I must want Diana to be perfect?

I didn't want her to be a liar who STOLE the Wonder Woman suit and the Lasso. I didn't want her to be a man-hater for the whole first season. Well, she didn't hate Batgod, of course. He was DREAMY!

Oh, speaking of Batgod? Remember that wonderful episode where Diana was turned into a pig and nearly turned into Wonder-bacon before she was rescued by Batgod? That episode was the one and only appearance of one of Diana's deadliest foes........and only Bruce Timm could make such an episode all about Batman.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--