Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Hmmm.... let's see...

1. I've read both Infinity and Original Sin, so I've seen what's Marvel's events are like.
    2. It's triple shipped.
    3. It's written by Rick Rememder, whose never seemed like anything other an "average" writer
    4. Looks like there will be a lot of heroes fighting each other.
    5. We are having an event almost instantly after Original Sin...

...so nope. Not at all. I mean, I'll be reading it since I'm a comic book reviewer and I should stay on top of these things, but excited? Not a chance.

I'll give Marvel one thing, they at least let different writers write their events. I like Geoff Johns and all, but someone else should get a shot at writing an event.

Extraordinary Member

Skipping this. There is a small part of me that is buying into the hype, but then I remind myself of the triple shipping and Rick Remender's involvement.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I am excited. I've wanted this, since UA 4. We'll see, if RD pulls out a good one, but it's red skull vs mutants. X-men is, my favorite se ton of marvel and I've been waiting for the x-men to find, out about Xavier's brain. Then with the return of Apocalypse and whatever happens to x-men in the aftermath
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to admit it, Original Sin was a let-down save for that last issue. I loved it and thought it did a great job of punishing Nick Fury for his years of being a judgmental asshole who thought he knew what was best for everyone. I've had that opinion for years, and it was nice to see it in print.

As for Axis? Not going to lie, I'm excited. It can't be worse than Shadow Land or Fear Itself. And I'm a Loki fan, so this should be fun.

Incredible Member

I actually enjoyed the Apocalypse Twins story arc a lot but don't really care for Red Skull. Will read when it's finished just like I did with Original Sin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I actually enjoyed the Apocalypse Twins story arc a lot but don't really care for Red Skull. Will read when it's finished just like I did with Original Sin.
    Did you read it all in one-sitting then? Was it better or worse that way?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

If you mean excited as in nervous? Yeah, I'm excited.

Not even a little, the only thing I care about is its outcome.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

BANNED

Well, let's see, what's on the menu today? Hmm, heroes vs heroes again.

It's groundhog day!! Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

I'm really trying to be hopeful here. If only it wasn't a Remender event... nope, damnit I'm hopeful
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I'm not excited, just hoping the characters I like aren't too assassinated. So, I'll read the summaries, but I won't be buying.

The triple shipping is smart for Marvel, because retailers have to order the whole thing blindly. I noticed that neither Magneto nor Uncanny Avengers did any better on Comixology, so digital buyers don't seem that interested in the road to Sixis at least.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'll be reading the Hobgoblin and Carnage minis hoping they'll be fun.

The event idea itself, switching good guys bad/bad guys good, is too stupid for words... Much like Red Skull Clone eating Xavier's brain.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

Not really. I was way back when the twins first started talking about the Red Onslaught but now my eye is on Time Runs Out.

Time Runs Out does look promising
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Nope. Not in the least.
    May 2015 cannot come soon enough.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.